353553posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Highlighted

Re: Marvellous Marchies 2012 Moving on

Oh Jane.....massive hugs. Want to send a text but it's a bit late & don't want to wake you.

Twinky x

Highlighted

Jane, hope all goes well, will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed. Glass of wine or two deserved tonight to try to calm the nerves
xx

Highlighted

Good luck this weekend jane, fingers toes and everything else crossed for you xxx
Carole x

Highlighted

Have to say I am feeling very scared about seeing my consultant in the morning. I can definitely feel a lump in my "good" breast.

Jane x

Highlighted

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Don't get too impressed with my gym work because I'm no where near what I used to be able to do at a session! I suppose something is better than nothing. Still battling with weight issues and will be glad when the weather gets better so I can look at lighter meals, that's my excuse anyway!

For those who are having mams at the moment and check-ups it is easy to get stressed and quite understandable because that's how I felt when I was waiting to have mam and ultrasound. Thankfully, they gave me the results before I left the hospital and it was such a relief. We have all done so well to get to this point and being able to support one another through it all - I'm so proud to be a 'Marvelous Marchie'. Sadly, there will be another group of March ladies soon and like someone else said I wonder what they will call themselves this year? So looking forward to Birmingham again and meeting everyone. We get there sometime Friday afternoon depending on which train we take from Northampton.

We will be in Northampton this weekend for my SIL's birthday party and it will be nice to catch up with everyone. We have decided to buy my nieces car, so I will have to drive it back to Norfolk and that will give me a little 'run around' car. I'm quite excited about it because I didn't think we would bother having a second car again. We generally manage with just one but somethimes our activities get crossed and it becomes a bit of a problem. Anyway, here's to being actively mobile again!

Bye for now and take care.

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Carole - hope your mammo goes ok today. Its a relief to get the first one over. I'm trying not to stress about mine but will still feel better when its done
Work is ok, a load more redundancies coming up for B'ham so just hoping and praying I'll be ok as I love my job and especially love the people I work with. After working there for 30+ years I have some brilliant friends.
Packing for New York, can't wait soooo excited
Beryl - you make me feel exhausted. I walk the dog and that is my exercise but I suppose its better than nothing
Have a good weekend all

Sue x

Highlighted

Hello MM'S
GEORGIE how horrid of your onc to treat you like that. I do sometimes think that now we are not having frequent active treatment that it is harder for us to get things sorted and questions answered compared to when we were having chemo etc people had more time for us.
MEGSMUM hope the mammogram went ok I am still awaiting for my first one. Yes I totally agree with the short staffing issues, from my point of view it will be interesting to see what happens in April when GP'S hold the purse strings and what they may expect us DN's to do.!!! I have also been mentor to a student nurse ( the first since I've been back)I had forgotten how exhuasting that was. !!!!
PARSNIP glad that you have got your train tickets sorted. I arrive at 1.38 pm on the Fri afternoon, glad your mamogram went ok.
BERYL have a lovely weekend away, hopefully we can catch up on Tues, we have had a covereing of snow here today but it seems to be thawing fast.
BETTIE hope you have a fab time in New York.
Well been to the dentist and had to have a filling today, my first treatment since chemo, but all went well and she said my gums etc all looked healthy, and compared to some of you £48 was quite a bargain.
Off to have some lunch then need to go to the supermarket as cupboards are bare.
Love Jane
XX

Highlighted

Morning everyone,
hope everyone is doing ok today. Carole (megsmum)good luck with your mammogram today, had mine on Tuesday, was all over in a flash, some amusement and kerfuffle as they had it booked for both breasts but otherwise straightforward. The nurse also told me at although she couldn't give me any actual results it all looked ok and to try to forget about it for the next four weeks. She was three years post bc diagnosis as well so very understanding. Hope it all goes smoothly for you anyway.
georgie what an awful onc Not even checking whether you'd spoken to someone else before biting back at you.
carole (caramel) glad your results came back good, doesn't matter how much we "know" they should be fine its always there until we get the ok. Sue, hopefully the next two weeks will fly by so you don't spend too much time worrying, it is always there though isn't it.
beryl, am so impressed with your gym attendance, you make me feel tired each time! I'm hoping the lighter days will get me out a bit more, with work and childcare and all these bugs going round I'm ready for bed by 7 when my boy goes to bed. It's all i can do to get myself some dinner before heading to bed!
well I've booked my train tickets for Birmingham, will be arriving early afternoon Friday (have taken Friday off work), not long now 🙂 I went to a young womens bc support group last night for the first time. Was a lovely bunch of ladies, just seems a shame its not advertised more widely, it seems it depends whe you're getting treatment as opposed to where you live if you hear about it. I only found out after meeting a lady local to me who has treatment at a different hospital to me. The organisation itself deals with all cancers and all ages and provides so much support and other therapies, I can't believe I never knew about it. Work is going ok though still feels a bit odd as I have no students still (apart from my OU job) so feel a bit of a spare part, but am trying to use the time to get all the stuff sorted I never usually get time to do!
good to see e sun today 🙂
xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies esp those who aren't on facebook i worry sometimes that you are not posting as much.
Its a year ago today since my mastectomy a bit of a weird feeling but shopping and housework have kept me occupied 🙂
My first mammogram since diagnosis is tomorrow ooer.
How is work going for everyone ? I am so pleased i didn't rush back as my boss keeps asking me to do extra shifts, bloomin nhs short staffed never going to get better until they employ more nurses, my hubby is going mad although i am not doing them.
my joints are still very painful even with the glucosamine but i suppose its a small price to pay for the Letrazole to do its job
I have been thinking more and more about reconstruction and what type to have, i am favouring a Ld flap i think, anyway enough waffling for now. Xx
carole xxx

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

Back from Surrey and visit to my lovely sister who always spoil us and nothing is too much trouble! Picked up our friend from Gatwick and took him home, he looked so well after being in the sun for a couple of months. A bit of a shock landing back in the UK but at least the weather wasn't too bad. We were really tired yesterday afternoon and had a little nap, went to bed at 9.30 and slept very well until 6.30. Went to the gym this morning for some exercise and going to take it easy this afternoon. Off to Northampton on Sat for my SIL 60th birthday party and looking forward to seeing family and catching up. My hubby is looking at getting me a little run around car so I'm busy thinking about it and surfing the net to get some ideas to see what we would get for our money - not much I expect!

Been catching up on all the messages and good to see everyone moving on and getting through their next lot of tests - well done! Soon be time for Birmingham again and it will be nice to see you all and some new faces. Got to be off again, take care everyone.

Best wishes, Beryl XX

Highlighted

appointment with the Oncologist was fine but I couldn't stand him! Mammogram was fine, sore skin is not chemo related and I should have asked my dr - patronising g.. I told him I asked the Dr and she said it could be chemo related or low iron. X

Highlighted

Beryl I really sympathise with your joint problems. Mine are really bad at the mo especially my feet and hands and I really wonder whether any hormone treatment is better tha another. I'm on Tamoxifen but probably will change to lextrosole as soon as they are sure I have gone through the menopause. Also regarding the weight it is just so hard although I have lost about 4 lbs this week but only because I have a bad cold and have lost my appetite. We shouldnt get too hung up about it I suppose.
Day off today thank goodness then one more day before I break up for my abandoned new york trip from last year.
My mammogram has come through for two weeks time and I felt physically sick when the letter arrived. It just brings everything back and although logic tells you that you've had everything thrown at you and you're bound to be ok it dosn't stop that fear and unfortunately we are all wiser now. Ignorance is definately bliss.
Have a good day all
Sue x

Highlighted

Hello MMS
Marie67 it doesn't seem right that you need to be chasing for a date to have your mammogram! I hope you get something sorted soon. I had mine on 4th January and only got result through today - all is fine so thats a relief.
Twinky sorry you are still feeling rubbish. It realky does sound as though you are run down.
Georgie good luck with your appointment and i hope you get all clear from your mammo
Beryl hope you have a lovely few days with your sister and your friend from Forida.
Well I"ve not had any medical appointments in ages and now two this week. CT scan tomorrow and plastic surgeon on Wednesday!
Not long nw until our weekend. Cant wait to see how much hair everone has compared to last time.
Take care all

Carole xx

Highlighted

Hello MM'S,
Well I am no further forward in chasing a date for my mamogram, my apt with surgeon is on 22nd Feb, I have left 2 messages with his secretary but had no reply. I also phoned my bcn office but they just said that they wouldn't know if one had been booked, they suggested I phone the breast imaging dept which I did and was told that they couldn't see that one had been booked, so I guess I just go for apt and take it from there.
I did have a nice day today though my step sister is over from Canada and we had a lovely afternoon catching up, we've not seen each other for 14 years.
TWINKY I cannot believe you still don't have any antibiotics and that you are still struggling with you cough and breathing. Good luck with the haircut.
GEORGIE I hope all goes well for you at your apt tomorrow and hope you get all your questions answered.
BERYL hope you have a lovely time at your sisters. look forward to catching up next week.
JOAN have a fab holiday.
Not long until our met up in March.
Hugs to all.
Jane
XX

Highlighted

Good luck for Tuesday Georgie. Ooh first hair cut Marie67! I need one too as it's getting very bushy now. I found some nice anti-frizz serum that VO5 do but having left the remnants if the first bottle with my Mum for her to try it now appears to have been discontinued! Grrr
No antibiotics yet. Doc making me take omeprazole for a while as she thinks reflux is irritating my throat & causing the coughing but had nothing to say when I reported feeling extremely run down. I often feel like my glands are up when I swallow but she said they aren't and I keep getting a sore mouth/tongue which to me means I'm run down. She said I could have a blood test in a couple of weeks if I don't improve. Something isn't right & I still have my breathing problem after I cough plus my voice disappears! I must admit my recovery from all the treatment is slower than I thought it would be. I look very well but still have limited energy levels & when it's gone, it's gone! Took today off after a busy weekend away to give myself a chance to recharge the old batteries before returning to work.

Hugs to everyone & not long until our meet up. We will all be comparing hair growth again!

Twinky x

Highlighted

Evening - I also have no patience. A couple of weeks ago I went to the drs, she shook my hand and said "I am Dr S I don't believe we have met" I said "every time I see you introduce yourself even though not only have I met you lots of times last time I saw you you told me my lump wasn't cancer and it was!" She didn't bat an eyelid! All my friends were really shocked as the old me would never have said that!
I read street cat called Bob as well - I never realised big issue sellers were self employed.
I have an appt with the oncologist on Tuesday - I presume she will have the mammogram results and I have a list of questions for her!
love Georgie x

Highlighted

Evening All,
Phew what a busy day, nothing much going on but it has been virtually non stop! We are gong to Sutton, Surrey tomorrow to stay with my elder sister for a few days. She lives about 30 mins from Gatwick and our friend will be arriving there on Wednesday morning (7.40am flight) from Florida (my friends husband, she died last year MS sufferer) and we are picking him up to bring back to King's Lynn. He's very elderly and suffers with his joints and appreciates everything anyone does to help out at times like this. It's great that my sister lives so close and we can 'kill two birds with one stone' if you know what I mean? Anyway, I've been baking most of the afternoon so I can take some things to her. Made one apple pie, two lemon drizzle cakes, 6 mince pies and 11 jam tarts. Also got a fruit cake in the oven now but going to leave that here for our return. My sister is no keen on fruit cake and her husband is at their appartment in Barcelona right now, which is just as well because he would have eaten the lot!

Pargayan - Nice to hear from you and I'm envious with your pending cruise. We love cruising and we have been looking out for something this year but with my sister coming over from the USA in May and poss our daughter from Australia sometime July/Aug we are restricted about booking anything. The Aromasan tablets don't seem to be making any difference to my thumb joints as yet. Doctor said it may take a couple of months before anything might change. She did say that I could go on Tamoxifen if I wanted to but it doesn't have as good a results as Arimadex or Aromason (spl?) and it was up to me. I said that I would stick with Aromasan if that's the case and see what happens. They all have problems somewhere down the line don't they? I feel generally OK and try to do as much as I can and it's only when I forget about my thumbs and try to do something were I need to grip hard or something that's a bit of a fiddle that I need help etc. Sometimes the thumb joint locks up and then it blooming hurts! Just got to do something about my weight which is a pain.

Got to go now because cake due out of the oven and then I'm putting my feet up!

Love and best wishes to all.

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Hello ladies
Sorry, I have been really quiet this week, just had a very busy week getting ready for holiday and sorting out 2 sons and work! This is also going to be a short post as I need to get to bed as I will be up at 5.30am tomorrow. I just wanted to give you an update about Jasmin (the hair lady). I saw her this week and she is really keen to come to our meet up in B'ham, but she wont know for a couple of weeks before we go whether she will have a camera crew. She said she will give me a call a couple of weeks before we go. I hope she can make it, it sounds exciting! Sue, did you think about contacting the local paper again? I know we were too late last time but there is a few weeks to go at the moment.
Anyway, have a good week lovely MM's, will check back in next week.

Joan xxx

Highlighted

Evening all,
Beryl - glad to hear your meeting went ok, notr sure I am up for the gym, still struggling to increase my hours at work, though I do find if I do not walk the dog in the morning I get a lot stiffer in te afternoon. How are you getting on with the aromasin tablets?
Had a slight mishap and tore a muscle in my calf, it is getting better but taking its time!

Marie67 - hope you get a date soon, when I had my mammo it was 18 months since my last one. When I got the all clear we decided we would book a holiday and we are cruising to Iceland in the summer - this is nearly the same itinerary that we should have been on last June. Hopefully we will make it this time, just got to keep OH healthy and calm.
Megsmum, hope your daughter improves, it was bad enough losing it through chemo, I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose it to alopecia. Hoefully now you are getting better and her babe is ok things might improve. A colleague at work commented on how well I looked , not as grey as when I first went back to work! Yet when I first went back everyone said I looked well then!!

Twinky, hope you have got your antibiotocs, when I had the 100 day cough, it started late Feb after a bout of flu and I had my 2nd lot of antibiotics in mid June after I had come back from holiday and it finally went.
Hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

Highlighted

Evening Ladies,

I went to the BC coffee and fitness morning and there were 50 ladies there! They were all ages and those that I spoke to were very nice. There was a lovely fitness instructor and the exercises were pitched just right for everyone that wanted to take part. They have this every Wednesday in King's Lynn and this was the first time I'd ever been, will certainly be going again. Lots of info/literature there ref BC and support if anyone needs it. Found out that our Onc is leaving and going to Northampton which is where I come from. Our loss and their gain, all the ladies are so sad about that because he is such a nice man. Here's hoping that they get someone good to replace him. Handed over the money/donation which will be put to good use for the ladies in the future. It would be a shame to lose LGFB programme. Went to the gym this morning and played in a bowls competition this afternoon so being pretty active but still need to be able to do more, but it's going to take time.

Megsmum - Yes, your daughter is being very brave and it can't be easy for her going through this. I'm hoping that it's only going to be a temporary thing and she can recover from this. It just goes to show how our body can reacts to extreme stress. Please give her my best wishes and a hug. So pleased to her that the little one is doing well and is a joy to all I'm sure. I think I've got some paperwork for Slimming World from way back and it certainly worked for me then. Will have to dig it out because it's not a hard diet regime to follow. Also got loads of WW stuff as well.

Mary (Peanut) - How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in ages and don't know if you can make to the meet up because of a trip to family wedding. Hope you can make it!

Lots of ladies that we haven't heard from in ages and I do hope that you are all OK. Looking forward to March when we can meet up again in B'ham. Will have to take a look at the menu so I can take my time choosing!

Time for tea, take care all.

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Morning All,

Just a quick one for the minute because need to get ready to take hubby to golf, I need the car this morning. Going to a coffee morning which is for BC ladies, they meet up once a week to do light exercises, natter and drink tea/coffee etc. My Craft Group donate to a charity once a year and this year we have agreed that it will be LGFB (I nominated it) so I will be giving them a cheque for £100 towards running costs this morning. Went to see Le Mis yesterday and it was really good and was well performed. I especially liked Hugh Jackman and Eddie Redmayne their singing voices surprised me! The only downer for us was the 25 mins of advertising before it started! Anyway, if you are a Le Mis fan then it's well worth going to see. Would be very surprised if they don't pick up some Oscars at the film awards.

Better be off - I'll be back later on..............

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Evening all 🙂
Well what a week i've done my first couple of full shifts at work and OMG how tired am i, after a month of being mollycoddled i was shattered, and ive had a terrible headache all day due to not getting enough to drink. I was very pleased with myself as i was looking after a lady with a wound infection following mastectomy,i don't know how but ended up telling her all about my year, she and her daughter couldn't beleive it and said how well i looked. I think/hope i put some of her fears to rest.
Marie thanks for asking about my daughter, she has shaved her hair off as the alopecia left her with just a few strands 😞 my heart breaks for her she has been so brave, the dermatologist said there is no real treatment but is hopeful it will come back fingers crossed. On the bright side my grandson is blooming gorgeous
Tomorrow i see onc for review i have my list of questions as i think he will be referring me back to the surgeons, i feel a bit anxious but i suppose thats normal and he is a lovely man.
Has anyone heard from Poppy i often wonder how she is and also her son who had a brain tumour ??
i'm also joining slimming world tomorrow to try and get this weight shifted !!
oh well tata for now xx

Highlighted

Hi All,
Marie 67- I too was given Street Cat Bob for Christmas and couldn't put it down and he really does exist as I've seen the films on You Tube, made me cry and made me buy Big Issue too lolol xx Glad Rosie is doing ok.
Socks...I am terribly intolerant of people at the minute....when I went to get my new car there were 2 sales guys slagging off the guy I'd seen at the weekend and normally I'd would have ignored them but felt compelled to tell them they were far worse at being bitchy than women...they were appalling! One of them even came over and apologised afterwards lol I think he was trying to ingratiate himself with me to buy the car!
Twinky... So pleased about your results xxxxx
Wolsty... Hope you daughter is feeling better. I've only seen the stage production of Les Mis but am really looking forward to the film. Not had cystitis yet lol but won't hold my breath.
BerylS...Hoping you are doing ok too xxx
Well went to see X-Factor Finalists in Manc on Sunday and have to say had a bit of a meltdown for me as last year when I saw it when I was waiting for my results not knowing if I had BC or not...felt really tearful gawd knows what I'm going to be like when I go to see my surgeon in Feb...still doing very well with the Onc dodging at the min...think the chemo sister has been helping me lololol OH also chose to criticise something that I'd done and I really flew off the handle which isn't like me at all...normally anything for a quiet life but I have definately become far more assertive and won't put up with as much as I used to...my health and wellbeing are very important to me now .
Really looking forward to our meet-up...whooop...2 nights away...never done that before in 18 years with OH but why not?
Love and Hugs to all MM's......I guess there will soon be a new March thread...wonder what they'll call themselves. Hope they find such lovely people like I did xxxxx
KQ

Highlighted

Hello MM's,
Well just been for first proper haircut, it was getting quite wild and very curly, she's given it a good cut so it's much more managable now, I'd forgotten how costly hair care was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWINKY good news that everything was ok at your check up. I hope that you managed to get some antibitoics sorted out. Have you managed to get the hotel booked for Fri yet?
PARSNIP glad that you are feeling better, that's the trouble with all these meds, they deal with one thing then cause problems with others.
PATCHIT thanks for email, yes I was able to open link. Your son looks a very handsome lad. My train is the same as last time (weather permitting) it gets in at 1.38pm on the Fri. I guess it's not long until you jet off to Eygpt now.
CHASCAT will be nice to see you on the Fri I haven't anymore trips planned up the M6 at the moment that involve stopping at any service staions!!.
SOCKS I'm with you on the issues thing, I think I have become less tolerant of people and their "issues" especially at work when they go off with something trivial!!!. How is you arm with the lymphoedema?
BERYL hope that you OH managed to get in some golf now that the snow has gone, though now it is pouring with rain.
WOLSTY hope your daughter is on the mend. I hope you can get something sorted for your cystitis, thankfully I have done ok though I have to admit that my fluid intake is much less than when I was having chemo. Is your wound healing ok now? I hope you can get something sorted for Our March meet up.

PARYGAN glad that your mamaogrm was all clear. I hope you are felling better and back at work now. I am still trying to get a date sorted for my Mamogram, I have left 2 messages with surgeons sec but had no answer, will try bcn next. Hope you are able to get a holiday sorted.
PEANUT hope you are doing ok at work. Will you be joining us for our meet up?
MEGSMUM hope you have settled back at work ok. How is your daughter doing with her alopecia?
CARE N I hope they are not stressing you out too much at work, in the last month both our band 7's have gone off on long term sick, so us lesser mortals are just plodding along trying to keep things going.
KQ well I seem to have got it down to a fine at giving Rosie her meds, we are off to the vet again on Thurs for a follow up blood test (more expense!!).
DANI hope you are doing ok, have you got a date for the final part of your recon yet?
CEEJ hope you have settled back into this lovely weather after your holiday. Did you get the extra appointments sorted that were sent to you?
BETTIE hope you are enjoying reading all those books. I have just finished A Street Cat Called Bob, I got given it for Xmas. It was such an easy read I couldn't put the book down.
Well off to do some ironing.
Hope all those ladies we've not heard from are doing ok.
GABBYLAMB, AMYLOU, JAYJAY, POPPY.
Love Jane.
XX
xx

Highlighted

Jane- hope your daughter will soon be feeling better. I went to see Les Mis at the weekend, it was excellent though I preferred the stage production. Hope to go and see The Life of Pi next. I'm reading the book at the mo which is unusual to say the least but very well written.
Busy day at work, at least it kept me quiet ha ha
Hope everyone is ok
Sue x

Highlighted

Twinky - hope you managed to get some more antibiotics. Is anyone else suffering from cystitis since treatment finished? I seem to keep getting it!

WS - I know what you mean about meeting up with people. I definitely now only make an effort to see people who I really want to see - life is too short to spend with moaners!!! Are you coming to Birmingham this time?

Just had to pick eldest daughter up from school (the one who had the seizure in Rome). She is as white as a sheet and very dizzy so I have put her to bed - hope she is OK. Was supposed to be going to see Les Mis today but that will have to wait for another day.

Also, OH now has to go away the weekend of our meet up for work. Hopefully I will find someone to have my girls overnight so I can still come.

Jane x

Highlighted

Morning Ladies

Twinky - Well done that's good news and your chest xray clear as well. Get those anti-biotics into you and good by cough too! Glad to hear that you had a good gig and we will be seeing you in March. Lots to look forward to and catch up on in Birmingham.

Joan - Spoke to my daughter on Skype at the weekend and it's great to be able to do that. Your son is very handsome and will enjoy Australia I'm sure. Before you know it December will be here and he will have lots to tell you. What opportunities for young people if they want to take them. We have to be happy that they are doing it and not regretting in the future because they didn't, if you know what I mean?

Lydia (Chascat) - Good that you are getting to stay over in Birmingham, are you staying Saturday as well or just Friday?

Gillian (Socks) - I'm with you on the 'issues' thing and sometimes can't be bothered listening or having interest. Hope you enjoyed your glass of wine! Of course I don't mean that as far as our 'Marchies' are concerned, I've always got time for our ladies and anyone else going through this.

Hubby's gone to play golf this morning now that the snow's gone. Poor thing's got dreadful withdrawall symptoms! I'm just going to potter and catch up on a few things. The sun is out but the wind is blowing quite hard. Wonder how many balls he's going to lose? May go out to play Bingo tonight because I haven't been for ages and will be able to catch up with some friends.

Not long now before Birmingham! Take care everyone, best wishes, Beryl XX

Highlighted

Hi Twinky,

SO pleased all is good for you with the all clear. fantastic. now you just need to get on top of that cough!

Summersocks.....Yes, didn't think about that when I chose Wintersocks, I often look at it and thing WTH was I thinking? But of course it has stuck and to most on here now I am simply Socks.

Patchit, I must say along with all others, what a handsome son you have there! I got your mail and will reply tomorrow, I have had a friend here this afternoon for a few hours and now I feel exhausted.
Does any one else find that seeing people is difficult post treatment ending? I just feel too tired and want to be on my own with a glass of wine, a nice dinner and my cat.
I can't be bothered with people's 'major' issues that aren't major at all, compared to where we have been at.
What a Grump I am lol!

Highlighted

Twinky, so pleased your check up went well, one thing less to worry about, lets hope the antibiotics kick in soon, I'm staying over on Friday too x

Highlighted

Hi Marchies
Got the all clear at my check up on Friday so very relieved. No further check ups until 12 months time unless I'm worried about it. I did have a chest x ray & it too was clear. The surgeon thinks I need some antibiotics to clear what remains of my cough. He thinks I wasn't on them long enough when I had them for a week last month. Still managed to go do the first gig of the year last night. Feel about 90 today but it went really well. The place was full & they all stayed until the end so the landlord was happy. He will give us more dates this year. I must say that I really enjoy playing & seeing people enjoy themselves! Our gigs tend to be in the Sutton Coldfield area so give me a shout for details of dates ifanyone fancies a night out.
All the snow has gone now & the sky is blue. Hoping once the doc has sorted me out I can start getting fit again & shed lots of weight. Got a long way to go but determined to do it despite Tamoxifen trying to do the opposite! I keep scaring myself watching Embarrassing Fat Bodies & the American weight loss programs.
Love to you all. Must book my hotel room for the Friday night. Can't wait to see you all. Have decided I must be brave &Mohave my first hair cut to tame the frizz!

Twinky x

Highlighted

Patchit....what a lovely photo....and a very handsome 'boy' he is too!

Wintersocks......do you have summersocks......lol

Twinky x

Highlighted

I am ok thanks WS. I have your email out to reply to this evening, after the take away! Hope you re doing ok. xxx

Highlighted

Oh It is such a lovely picture. I do hope you are feeling ok? and not too sad?

Highlighted

This is me and my lovely big boy at Heathrow. He isnt due back till December! Will be nice to see him when I log on here!
Have a good Saturday, Marvellous Marchies.
XXX

Highlighted

morning Ladies,

Had some snow last night but nothing too drastic. Getting ready to go to the gym this morning for a bit of a workout. Not looking forward to going outside though. Just talked to our daughter in Australia on Skype and it's Australia Day there and they have been on the beach, what a contrast!

Everything OK here at the moment but didn't sleep very well last night, mind was racing a bit and my legs decided to be in or out of the covers, couldn't decide which, very annoying.

Twinky - How are you doing today and I hope your cough is starting to get better?

Hope everyone is doing OK, got to go and get ready for the gym, will be back on later.

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Afternoon ladies
Well, son is now in Malaysia enjoying warmer weather than we are at the moment! His flight was on time and he arrived safely. I am just left with a spare room which you cant get into and a laundry basket which would rival anyone! Lol!
Jane, glad to hear the good news about your friend. Fingers crossed that her results are good. Hope you get your mammo appointment sorted out soon.
Beryl, great news for you, pleased all is well. Xxx
Parsnip, glad your chest is better and you are getting off the steroids. Sorry about the weight gain, bah! Doesn’t matter what we take, everything seems to have a side effect!! Hopefully you can shift a few pounds when the warmer weather is here. Its not easy eating salads when its freezing! Yes, we will have to arrange another London meet up, its certainly doable for an evening for a few of us. Xxx
Twinky, hope you are feeling a little brighter? Sending you a big hug and hoping things are improving for you. Xxx
I have the new menu for the Colmore and can email it to anyone if you want it. Its not on their website yet but I am hoping it will be soon. I have posted it onto our fb page but I know there a few ladies who wont have seen it on there. PM me with your email address and I will send it over if you want to. My hair appointment was cancelled today so I am going on next Thursday now so will report back from Jasmin after that.
Right, back to work for me!
Take care MM’s
Joan xxx

Highlighted

Morning everyone,
Hope everyone is feeling ok. Twinky your cough has gone on for ages, really can't be helping your mood must be exhausting. It may be worth pushing them to get a chest x-ray done, my lungs are much better now after they picked up inflammation from radiotherapy. You wouldn't think it would still have an effect but it seems to go on forever. I do hope you can get it sorted, rotten to feel so bad constantly. And do come along to the friday night of the march meet up if you can, there are a few of us there friday night as well so should be fun.
Beryl, glad all went well at your appointment. Appointment for 2014, i thought my onc appt for october was bad enough!
Jane, hope your friend's results come back ok, I guess they wouldn't say they didn't think it was cancerous unless they were pretty certain. Must've brought back some memories for you though, very brave going of you to go with her for support.
Joan, hope your mood is lifting after your son's departure, one advantage nowadays is being able to video call over the internet, not the same as having him around I know. We should have another London evening meet up after this snow's gone, really enjoyed the last one.
Well, I'm working at home today (honest!) a real advantage of my job is that flexibility, i was running around like crazy yesterday and really having to make my brain work again so it's rather nice to have a more chilled out day today. My son has had some rotten cold as well so hasn't been sleeping well, coupled with the steroid insomnia it's no wonder i'm so tired! he did at least sleep til 6am this morning though so i feel much perkier today 🙂 Other effect of the steroids has been weight gain 😞 had done so well throughout treatment and hadn't gained anything, now i've put on 9lbs in 3 weeks and I still feel starving all the time. Dose goes down again next week though so hoping it will curb that, then just have to get out and lose what i've gained. Am so paranoid about having any excess fat as it produces oestrogen, i want it all gone, my odds are bad enough as it is, just have to look at it as a temporary thing i guess (hope!). Had better get back to doing some work, have a good day Marchies
xxx

Highlighted

Twinky I wander whether echinacea or berocca would help? says me with a cold! But yet hats what everyone keeps nagging me to take x

Highlighted

Evening Ladies,

My visit hospital went well today and will not need to see anyone before Oct/Nov when next Mam due. They have given me a follow up appointment at the clininc for check-up on 22nd Jan 2014, isn't that something 2014 and we've only just started this one?

Hope everyone is OK, especially the ladies we haven't heard from in quite a while!

Got to go and eat my tea now.

Love to all,

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Hello MM's
Well spent 3 hours in breast clinic, and this time not as a patient, wwent with a friend who has had problems for ages. She had mamogram and ultrasound and they sent off a slide of her discharge. They have said her ducts are abnormal but don't think it is cancer. She just has to wait for her results next week and may need a small op to sort problem.
I have my firsdt check up with surgeon next month and thought I would have had a date to have mam by now, so while I was at the clinic this a.m I asked the lady to check on the system and it appears I have not had a request sent for mam so am going to chase surgeon's sec to clarify situation.
CARMY lovely to hear from you, hope you got sorted at the dentist ok. I was told my periods may come back after a year but if they did I may need to have an injection.
WOLSTY blimey that's quite a dentist bill. Glad you are happy with haircut and colour.
JOAN I hope that your son managed to fly out ok with all the weather problems.
TWINKY so sorry to hear that you are feeling down and still struggling with this bloomin cough. I hope you can manage to get it sorted and that all goes well with your first follow up. Sending you BIG HUG. Look forward to seeing you in March.
BERYL glad all ok for you today. Hope fully the elements won't be against us in Feb and we can catch up again.
GEORGIE hope you start to feel better, I think our immune systems are so fragile we pick up stuff so easily.
Well off to do pile of ironing now.
Love Jane

Highlighted

Twinky I am so sorry you are feeling so down and wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Big hug x

Highlighted

Morning Lovely Ladies,

Twinky - So pleased to hear from you and I can understand your concern ref check up which is only natural and we all go through it. I remember that nice smiling face at our last meet up and we were all so pleased to be there in B'ham, so please try and be with us again in March it would be lovely to see you again. I can understand the weight issue because I'm also finding it hard to get my head in gear with diet, especially at this time of year. It's so blooming miserable outside with this cold and damp weather it's no wonder we hibernate. I've been making an effort trying to go to the gym but my stamina level isn't the same as it was and will take time to get back to anywhere near what it was. When I can get out and about I always feel so much better about things even if it's just a short trip to the shops or out for a walk etc. Your cough has been with you for so long now and makes me wonder what is causing it to be that way. I take it that it has been checked out with your team at the hospital and if it hasn't maybe you should mention it when you go for your check-up. I've got my annual check-up with the surgeon today at 11.10am, but doubt I will go in on time. If all OK I'm expecting to get signed off from him and just put back into the system for annual mams, unless I have any concerns along the line. I'm slightly anxious about seeing him because don't won't him telling me something is not right. I guess it's the way things are for us now having been through this treatment, we will always be on guard and suspicious! It's a good thing that you have your group and music which is where your passion is. As far as work goes then you need to build yourself back up and be ready to go back when you feel up to it. I know you understand all that and don't need me preaching on to you, your an intelligent lady and I'm sending you a big hug and try not to feel alone. We are always hear to listen anytime.
Take care and best wishes, Beryl xX

Highlighted

Thanks Joan. I did have some counselling & was doing well. It's just the length of time I've been having this coughing & not breathing issue that's getting to me, especially when I know I need to exercise & lose weight. Yes I was thinking about booking in Griday night.

Better go to sleep! Long day timortow

Twinky x

Highlighted

Ah Twinky, dont know if you are still awake, but I am sending you a big hug. I'm sorry you are feeling emotional still. Your cough does seem to be hanging about, doesnt it? I guess we arent going to bounce back from things in the same way we once did after all we went through last year. You are not alone in feeling anxious around the time of your first check up post treatment. Are you having a mammo? This just seems a never-ending road we are on sometimes, doesnt it? You seem to be feeling quite vulnerable now from your post. I'm sorry, i canty remember and you may have posted this already, but haver you thought about talking to your GP, or BCN, or maybe going for some counselling? It might be something you could look into if you have that facility locally.
Hope you manage to come to the meet up in March, maybe you could stop over on the Friday night instead of the Saturday, or just come for the day on saturday?
Sending you lots of good wishes and a big hug
Joan xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Marchies
I know it's been a while. I'm a bit down at the moment if I'm honest. I just can't seem to get well. My cough is back and I'm currently treating an eye infection so no contacts for me for a few days. Don't like wearing glasses in public. Worked from home to avoid everyone but have a massive meeting & a meal out tomorrow so I have to go in. I'm doing badly weight wise. I'd like to take some exercise but it's a nightmare having a cough & I've had one since the beginning of November when we last all met up. If I'm honest I just feel like my body is exhausted. Clearly a second round of surgery & treatment is far harder to recover from than I had anticipated. I do much less now but because hubby still works away this means far too much time home alone. I thought I was doing so well going back to work & getting myself back to full time hours but I don't seem to be doing so well. Putting on weight. Hair still weird...am afraid I'm going to end up looking like Art Garfunkle. It could probably do with its first trim but part of me doesn't want to cut what took so long to grow!

Had a few tears tonight. I shouldn't be so upset but I think I'm nervous about my first check up Friday. I am intending coming to thd meet up but can't stop over Saturday night as my band are playing in Birimingham again. I just want to be cough -free & able to start taking some exercise on a regular basis. I feel a real mess at the moment. Sorry to come here & moan but I'm just feeling lost & I'm home alone as usual tonight.

Twinky

Highlighted

The diet is called 5:2 diet and is supposed to have many benefits. On two non-consecutive days each week you are only allowed 500 calories, the rest of the time you can eat as normal.

Have been for my haircut and had a bit of colour put in too - it looks miles better.

J xx

Highlighted

I was wandering about the diet as well? What's it called. Back at work and have got a cold - felt rubbish today but felt guilty about taking even more time off. No the spot doesn't hurt but a few people asked me if I have a sty! And when I put eyeliner on its goes all wonky! Love Georgie xxx

Highlighted

Evening Lovely Ladies,

Calmy - Nice to hear from you and that you are doing OK - welcome back!

Well, I have the dentist at the end of Feb for a routine check-up and I know I will have to tell her/him about a possible problem but I don't want to really. Going to the dentist before BC treatment was always a chore but now I hate it. I think it's because of the thought of having more treatment that fills me with dread! I tell myself that I must be brave and get through it. Can't wait to get out of the chair........

My twin sister's booked her flight from USA for visit in May, which is great and looking forward to seeing her again. I know that she will boss me about whilst she is here but that's OK and the norm. She was the first born and always takes the lead but every now again I put my foot down just to let her know that I'm no walk over and have an opinion - just as well she can't read this, bless her! Saying all that we get on really well and are very close.

I still have lots of body in my hair from the curls and everytime I go to my hairdresser she snips a little bit more off and says how nice it is. I now have a colour on it because couldn't get used to the grey. Now I have to blow dry it everytime it's washed because otherwise it would be all over the place. Mind you going out in the damp air soon makes it spring back up again.

Joan's posted a copy of the new menu for the restaurant (B'ham) on FB for our next meet up. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet but plenty of time before choices have to be made.

I've seen Le Mis at the London theatre twice and both time it was wonderful. My hubby who doesn't generally like musicals enjoyed it too. We are going to the pictures to watch it before the run finishes and it will be the first time we've been to the pictures in many years, I daren't tell you how many! Looking forward to it so much.

I don't think I could do the fasting diet, Are you sure not eating for a day is good for your system? Surely it's better to have something everyday so that your system's got something to work on! I'd be interested to know how it goes and how you are all feeling going through this diet.

Sending love to all and take care.

Beryl XX

Highlighted

Oooh, I'm going to the dentist today and it's good to hear I'm not alone! I also have A LOT to be done, and sure it's gonna cost me a fortune too. I used to be teeeeerrified of the dentist, but now I'm not anymore! We're all much better now at bearing pain than we ever were, eh?

Oooh, Zumba is so much fun indeed!

So do the curls disappear after a bit? I thought I was gonna be a curly haired one from now on!

Highlighted

I know Sue - £1,000!!! Two root canal fillings and a crown. Now they are making me a night guard as I am pretty sure I clench my teeth at night and hopefully this will help prevent more damage.

I have decided to go for another hair cut today. My hair is soooooooooooooooo curly and seems to be growing outwards rather than downwards. Will be interesting to see what the hairdresser manages to do with it.

Have been to the gym this morning and did a zumba class which always cheers me up!!

Georgie - perhaps you should go to your GP about your spot? Hope it's not painful.

Jane xx