1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masectomy scar 6 weeks after

lavendersblue

Re: Masectomy scar 6 weeks after

Hope the antibiotics do the trick soon Beryl , and you start to feel better .
Hugs,
Jillx

Matty2

Hey there

Finally beginning to heal - yippee. Swab showed some bacteria though so am now having to take 2 different sorts of antibiotics. Feel exhausted

And I was the one of us who didn't need chemo or rads - just catches you which ever way it can Woman Sad

Beryl

lavendersblue

I am also about 5 weeks post mastectomy and having a lot of pain from my scar . Is there anything that can be applied to soothe it ? Had to have a radical mastectomy, removing my left boob and chest muscle after I was diagnosed with angiosarcoma on Christmas Eve ( not the best present to get ) . This is a direct result of my radiotherapy received for breast cancer in 2009 .
I have bio oil , but it doesn't seem to help at all .
Hugs, Jill x

Matty2

Woman Very HappySmiley Very Happy

JETS

We are very noisy gallery goers! Non of silence please stuff for us!
Matty2

That sounds a great treat. My daughter would love that as well.

I hope you have a really good day and lots of laughs (quiet ones when you are in the gallery)

Now get to bed early yourself as well.

ENJOY Sarah

Beryl x

JETS

Would love to do Chelsea flower show.... No my treat us with a capital T! I'm getting the train to London - then one tube line to saatchi museum - then lunch - then train home!!!! I have warned that if not up to it when wake up we won't go but they r tucked up in bed ready! - they r c understanding and say I can sit asich as I need ( I'm better in morning then afternoon) - they soooooo need a day that is nothing to to with cancer - they spent 3 hours at the hospital with me on Tuesday and I have 4 medical appts next week ( other problems! Oh joy!) and know I'll b going nowhere after chemo starts ... Do I sound excited? I'm very excited,,,,,
Matty2

Were some pretty post op bras - Haven said even looking apparently was great
Matty2

I had to buy some new bra extenders, need to use them so nothing is too tight. OH said he would go into M&S and get them while I was at Haven, but was a bit early so just went in and did it -

Haven said it was a great breakthrough and the best ones are done when not planned Woman Very Happy

Haven are having a show garden at Chelsea Flower Show this year, they were excited by it

Oh no Sarah - hope it will be OK. So what treat are you planning - hmm girls -only one thing I guess big shopping centre oR cinema or bowling

JETS

Hurrah beryl ! But did u buy anything? Ive still got stubborn stitches and one decided to b s silly bugger and get slightly infected today - rang hospital and popping in on Friday am -( I feel ok otherwise and I have promised my girls a treat day tomorrow!!) honestly though ~ if it's not one thing it's another isn't it? - I think I might need to get in some lemon citron !
Chez666

Beryl, well,done and good luck for tomorrow x x
13gerbera

Hah! so you've proved that Tarte au Citron also has magical healing powers Woman Wink *adds to the shopping list, immediately after the magic chocolate*

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow, it's about time your luck turned! 

xx

Sharon

Matty2

I had a breakthrough today - went into lingerie department of M&S and DID NOT dissolve into tears, YAY!!Woman Very Happy

Hospital again tomorrow morning, hope there is a breakthrough there as well

beryl

Matty2

Have been back to hospital - they have found another 'patch' not healing. Swab has been taken and have been put on some anti-biotics with some frightening looking possible side-effects.

Protein intake has been increased.

Very peed off now, should be up and running and fine now as no other treatment on the cards so I get this!!

Beryl x

JETS

Tarte au citron very medicinal xx happy valentines xxx
Matty2

Based on the protein thing OH has bought steak for tonight (not that keen) and salmon (yummy) for tomorrow

Oh and a Tarte au citron (vit C ???)

Tinkerbell72

Chocolate it is then ..... Omg why when you need to rest do you spend all night awake !!!
13gerbera

Hi Cheryl,

I'm having my radiotherapy planning session next Friday so I guess the actual sessions will start mid-March. Sooner the better as far as I am concerned, especially as my hospital offers some free treatments such as massage and aromatherapy for radiotherapy patients and I plan to take advantage of them all. I also got a call from The Haven to say they've organised some lovely treatments for me so I'm feeling quite pampered at the moment 😄 

My scars aren't pretty and I still have a big dent in my boob which looks as if it is going to be permanent (the trainee surgeon took out a harmless cyst as well as the cancer lump so I lost a fair amount of tissue :() but I know I'm really lucky not to have had any healing issues so far.  

Hope you've all got something lovely planned for the weekend

xx

Sharon

Chez666

It is a well know fact that chocolate has many magical healing properties and is to be consumed freely without guilt especially in stressful circumstances, I have been craving more fish, especially salmon which apparently I have now learned is good for healing 🐠🐠🐠 sorry nemo and dory! Beryl, sorry it's going slower than expected, good there is no infection but understand the feeling of frustration. Jets how are you now with the chemo decision ? Sharon, have you a start date for rads? Judi /Rachel hope this week has gone better for you both.. I have had physio this week but wound not closed yet so slightly restricted, did 5 hrs in office which although tiring and emotional, was brill to get some head space free of BC. Hope everyone has a nice weekend, sending ❤️❤️❤️ On Valentine's day x x x x x
JETS

Hi beryl x it will all b worth it - just such a faff! I had real cravings for eggs and nuts strangely about two weeks ago - I have since learnt they are good sources of Vitamins and protein for nerve damage etc so maybe my body knew what I didn't! I never had any cravings in any of my pregnancies so it was a jpnew feeling for me! Lots love - hope next Monday they can sign u offx
Matty2

Woman LOLWoman LOL

13gerbera

Hi Beryl,

I've been munching those packs of M&S prawns and seafood with chilli/emongrass etc flavouring as a way of boosting my protein intake as it has the virtue of being low fat. The vast amount of chocolate/cake I've eaten, on the other hand, is probably not so good but I swear it has magical healing properties Woman LOL

Take care of yourself

xx

Sharon

Matty2

Your wishful thinking

Daughter just been and she's worried now - I'll just go with whatever they say and hopefor best.

BCN did say eat more protein, it will help healing, 

I don't think the healing process can be hurried,

Feeling bit fed up etc - have Haven on Wednesday- hopefully that will help.

Bx

13gerbera

Hi Beryl, so sorry to hear what you are going through, it sounds miserable and never-ending.  Are they able to say what is causing the scar to break down?  Would a different type of bra /skin cream /sleeping position help at all or is that just wishful thinking on my part?  

Whatever it is, I hope they manage to sort it out quickly for you

xx

Sharon

Matty2

Hi

Just back fromm hospital.

I was right there is a 2nd area breaking down but the good news is that there is no infection.

I just have to keep going back - next time Monday - and have dressing changed and wound checked.

Original place is looking improved they said.

Just fed up with it all - should be well on way to healed now not this Woman Sad

Tinkerbell72

Ahh u poor thing what they gona do about it ?? Xx
Matty2

Off to hosptal again

On Monday they said the wound was breaking down so they dressed it and gave me an appointment for me to go back today. Guess what another area has started, must have been yesterday

Bit worried now

Trying to be positive but not helped by a stinking headache

Berylx

Chez666

Thanks Beryl, sorry to hear that last night was not a good one. You seem to be doing all the right things but can understand hope you feel, it's like 2 steps forward and then at least 1 back. My cat usually out at night has started to stay in and keep me company in the small wee hrs, I am of course ignoring the obvious that it has been very cold of late and he is mercenary!!!! I am looking at taking up lace making because it seems to me that my gift for dropping stitches with knitting would come in handy with lace, as it has lots of holes!!!. I bet you are planning all your projects in the garden because you will be back out there, that i am confident of x x
Matty2

Hope work goes OK Cheryl

I can knit slowly - I have knitted one boottee for baby but then BC came along and now can't lift the needles - will be finished when he's a year old at this rate!

Going stir crazy here, OH has now decided I can't do anything again eg- take some jumpers downstairs, put them in washer and other simple tasks.

I know some of you would like that to happen but to be honest it's all getting a bit stifling!!

Off to take paracetomls now and then see if I can do exercises without to much OUCH

Beryl

Chez666

Nothing wrong with a Dr who scarf!! I could do with a tardis right now and go back in time, although what I would change to prevent us all having to go through this eludes me, it all seems so random. Feeling a bit nervous today, have set myself a goal of 2 sessions this week at work for 2 hrs each, starting tomorrow. Ah well nothing ventured and all that......😄😄. How you doing ? X x
JETS

Hi Cheryl - I don't knit but others provide the service for free x I did make a Dr who style scarf when I was about 8 though x
Chez666

Well I can't do knitted knockers, seem to remember when my mum taught me I kept dropping stitches, but am sending love and hugs from East Sussex and lots of positive healing vibes to you all x x x x
JETS

I have knitted knockers and they are truly wonderful - lots better than my softies from the hospital !!! Honest!!! Mine are blue with pink nips and I love them !
I had some cording which sort of resolved itself but is back but I am carrying on with the dreaded exercises ... Generally despite hating them I do feel better afterwards in terms of flexibility x hugs around x
Carmen42

Wow, loving the ones with the knitted nipples in contrasting colours!!!!
Thanks for the laugh 🙂
Tinkerbell72

omg are these for real ???? goodness me

Matty2

Just been sent this - not really relevant for me except that it made me laugh just when I needed to!!

Perhaps it will help/ cheer some of you up

beryl x

No idea if this will work!!

Tinkerbell72

Hi all, yes I agree it is really important to continue with the exercises as much or as little as you can manage.  It is really hard I know I am nearly 6 weeks post op and still some days are easier than others but keep on with them as it will only benefit in the long term.  I always take paracetamol about 1/2 hour before then go for it.  But only do as much as you can and maybe if you able push 1 of them a little further.  I used to get the feeling of 'cording' and tightening which was horrible but this has really eased now.  Make sure you take the meds dont try and be brave thats what they are for. 

Kess

It is really important to do the stretches it will make a big difference to you recovering your range of movement. Keep taking the painkillers (if paracetamol/ibupfoen arent helping ask for something stronger) if you have pain, and dont push it - just do the very basic ones if you are struggling.
pandorra1

Hi jets, that's just as you described it. Thank you it helps to hear from others. I think we all just get so fed up with everything we have to take on board, then we get pain and it's like an explosion in your head. Hard to find the enthusiasm for exercises when like this, but I know it's so important. Anyway, more paracetamol and carry on. Aren't we all so very special. Love to all xxxxxxxx

JETS

Think there's a few of us down with the pain - pandora might b worth chatting to ur BCN - I had bi mx but I've had lots of tight pulling feelings which I think is scar tissue 'fixing' - I do know it's important to keep up the stretches to move muscle rtc ( unless you have been sensibly told to lay off them like beryl) x
pandorra1

Hi ladies, i will be 2 weeks tomorrow from my surgery, had the wire and sentinel node biopsy, and getting like pulling feeling inside scar area. Looks all ok but this pain has really got me down tonite as not been as bad previously.  People telling me it's  the healing process inside, anybody else felt this. Sorry, but just fed up today. Lol to everyone xxxx

13gerbera

Aww ladies, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a miserable time of it, sounds horrible and the constant worry about wound care and being in pain too is so draining, I really feel for you. Wish I had some helpful advice but can only offer good wishes for a speedy recovery

Take care of yourselves.

xx

Sharon

JETS

Hi beryl x I've been down too as recovery seems to take soooo long xxx sorry you've had another set back but don't worry - it will heal and you will get to bio oil stage!!!! Then you will be all soft and sexy again x
Sarah
Tinkerbell72

Ahh poor you take care
Matty2

BCN said they will see how it's going and change the dressing - I think I'm at wait and see stage but at least there's no infection.

I did say it was so sore couldn't do exercises, consultant said must do exercises, take paracetomol half an hour before I am going to do them, Just When I thought I was relatively drug free.

Woman Sad

Tinkerbell72

Ahh that rotten I can appreciate bet you really cheesed off what will they do on Friday?
Matty2

I've had bio oil recommended.

4 weeks in from op and have a hole and weeping wound - Been back to hospital this morning and they say the wound is beaking down. They have put a large Do not touch dressing on it and am to go back on Friday.

Feeling a bit down about it all - first reacting to micropore, now this. Wondering If I'll ever get to the bio oil stage

And I am very soreWoman Sad

Tinkerbell72

Ok great thanks will try that
JETS

I'm using bio oil and I like it - expensive so shop around - it was half price at llyods pharmacy last week ! I've also just got some more general neutergena moisturiser for my arms and body x x x
Freda61

Hi Tinkerbell, I used bio oil. X