cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masectomy

6 REPLIES 6
cal2020

Re: Masectomy

Hi Jo1, gosh you go carefull with that shrubbery.
Jo1

Carol,

I'm getting on very nicely thanks - in fact, just been chopping back some shrubbery, which made me feel good, and just about to go and put my feet up now.

I'm pleaseded you've been in touch and been told all is well. I don't think anyone should hesitate to ring the breast care nurses about anything that bothers them.

I had some things that bothered me when I had breast cancer 5 years ago (other side), but thought they weren't worth bothering the nurses about, even though one of them was quite major in my life. Eventually I went to a drop-in session they held weekly, no longer running unfortunately, and felt even worse as I sat in the waiting room as everyone's problems seemed so much greater. I saw a very sympathetic nurse, who immediately told me she could help with two of my problems - and my life improved from that day.

Take care,

gentle hugs, Jo x

cal2020

Thanks Joe for your sweet reply, seeing as you have only just had your Opp. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

As i was typing this, my Breast Nurse returned my call, and said what i am feeling is quite normal. So i suppose i  have to just get on with it. I dont have to see her untill Oct. Take care of youself. Regards Carol. 

cal2020

Hi Janet, thank you for your reply. I did phone BCC and they said for me to phone my Breast Nurse. I am awaiting for her to ring me back. I just feel i am being a nuisence. Regards Carol.

Janet_BCC

Hi cal2020,

Welcome to the forum.

As Jo1 mentioned, it might help to give our helpline a call to talk this over.  The opening hours are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Jo1

Hello Cal2020,

I had a mx and 8 lymph nodes taken 3 weeks ago today, and I have similar swelling and numbness to what you describe. I do have some pain and some discomfort, and take painkillers when necessary. With me, some of the swelling is fluid, which I've now had drained 3 times. The rest is a swelling where the nodes were removed. The breast care nurses I've seen when I've been to the hospital to have the fluid drained all say everything is fine and the wound is healing well. The numbness is something I'm told will eventually mostly disappear.

As your mx was quite a while ago and the numbness sounds more extensive, I'd suggest you ring your breast cancer nurses. When I've done that I've usually had to leave a message and one of them has rung me back. Another thought is to ring the BCC help line; I rang when I was in a bit of a state before my mx and found the person I spoke to very helpful, knowledgeable and as though we had all the time in the world.

Hope you manage to speak to somebody soon and can have any worries settled; hope you'll come back and let us know how you got on.

Gentle hugs, Jo

cal2020

Masectomy

Hi i had a Masectomy in October 2013, with 3 lymph glands removed. My arm is fine and not swollen at all, but have swelling around my scar and down the side under my arm. Also in this area it is numb from under my arm and all down my side. Is there anyone out ther with the same problem, or information on this. Thanks Carol.