Mastectomy bras

Hi, i am due for mx in a couple of weeks but am finding it difficult to find post surgery bras in my size. I am 40h any bras i find tend to stop at f and those are limited, any help or advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi gg123,

I had a look online, and was surprised how difficult it is! (I used to work as a researcher for AQA). Then I remembered what it used to be like when I was a 34ff in ordinary underwear, and understood.

Had a chat to a very helpful lady from Brastop.com . They don’t have anything, but she suggested the Elomi Energise sports bra, which she said would be comfortable if not pretty.

Some hospitals, and shops, will put pockets into ordinary bras. Perhaps it is worth ringing your BCN and asking her what you should do? She is, after all, supposed to know how to get you sorted.

It may also be worth seeing this as an opportunity to decide whether you might be interested in a reconstruction and reduction. Then, you could end up with a breast size you felt more comfortable with. I went to a 34d, and it was fantastic being able to buy ordinary bras at a bargain price and feeling more comfortable. Unfortunately, I’m now back to one breast and hoping to be a 34b in a couple of years’ time.

good luck,

Margaret

If you are handy, you can buy the pockets online and sew them into your existing bras yourself, they are really cheap, and once you’ve sent off for the pockets make a template and in future you can make the pockets yourself too in addition to sewing them in yourself. My local hospital would ony pay for 2 bras per person to be ‘pocketed’ .

Jude

They are really easy to do I work in a hospital sewing room and we sew them in for patients. You can get them from either of the bra company’s that do mx bras I think
Marie

Thanks everyone. I have been given the option of having bilateral or single mx and have thought that it would be a good opportunity go down the reconstruction and reduction route. I have a final appt on monday to finalise options. There is a family history and would like to get on with things and move on as soon as possible.

Hi GG, Try Royce Lingerie royce-lingerie.co.uk/our-range?range=Caress
look under caress. They go up to 44GG

Matalan are really good, cheap too & have most sizes. Just check with your local store as not all stores stock them. Hope this helps x

try nicola jane I have a few of there camosole bras and love them they have pockets in both sides too x