Mastectomy, implant and reduction.

I just thought I would share my experience of having 3 procedures in 1 surgery. I had right mx and silicone implant with left reduction on 4th dec 2014. I am very happy at the moment with the results. I have 2 pert boobs which although not equal in size are very close. They are duly christened by my partner as pinky and perky lol The major discomfort is the blasted drain which I have caught twice and been in agony for about 30 mins. It also felt as if implant was going to pop out and skin felt swollen. The registrar said it is because the drain catches on tissue and if you rest with arm on pillow and don’t move it settles. He was right but I did need morphine hit the first time as I had waited too long before letting anyone know. Biggest tip is at first sign of pain tell someone don’t soldier on. The two boobs have literally no pain and I am taking paracetamol as prescribed to keep pain at bay. It is uncomfortable and I feel very constricted but I am convinced it’s the post surgery bra having to wear it 24/7. I am incredibly squeamish and have struggled emotionally with the concept of cut, slice and see. However, I have managed not to see anything because as the owner I look down and only see the top half of my new boobs. I am dreading looking at the scars. I was lucky as lymph nods clear and my surgeon was happy to do it all in one as I am not sure I could have come back for more. the surgery took approx 4 hours in total. X

Thanks for that

I have just opted(this morning) to have lymph nodes tested first and then mastectomy and implant at same time.

I could have had just one procedure but felt I needed to have lymph nodes checked first in case I need radiotherapy which I understand can have a negative effect on scar tissue.

Matty

Good luck Matty. I am now already one week post surgery. I am just taking cocodomol as a mainly precautionary measure just before bed time. Although tonight everything is a bit achey. It feels like it’s healing, knitting together. The bruising seems to b easing off but the swelling around the sides is still a pretty awesome sight. It’s almost like having 4-5 boobs. I just hope that is normal and will die down in time.

I would advise having a nurse or close friend/relative with you when you first look fully at your body after the operation, I had only seen the top half to nipple height and they looked gorgeous pinky and perky nobody had warned me about how livid the scars would be nor the extent of bruising and swelling.

Tomorrow is the start of week two on the road two recovery. Today I managed to shower and dress myself, dry my dressings and hair and evn put a layer of lipstick on before heading off for a short country walk with my partner and our little dog. Also stopped for coffee and chat at a neighbours. Was a good day but for me exhausting lol x