Mastectomy in Left boob, reduction in the right - support needed

Hi

Apologies if this topic has already been covered in aprevious thread, I did have a good scroll down and couldn’t see anything.

I am ona rollercoaster at the momnet, having gone from a simple routine aspiration of cycts to reveal a 37mm tumor in my left breast, which could be treated with a lumpectomy. To finding a further area of concern deeper within the same breast which cannot be reached by a probe, so the result being a complete mastectomy of this breast and a reduction on my right breast to match.

I go from being up beat and positive to on the floor with terror at my situation, ive been and looked at photos today of before and after op and am amazed at how good all these women look who have gone before me, but nevertheless I am scared out of my mind.

The surgery is a week away and I feel its all happened very quickly, I have no idea what the future holds and am worried that my Partner and friends will see me differently. I suppose I am here just looking for some reassurance, from anyone who has been through the same operation/diagnosis, just trying to grasp some positivity.

Thanks you in advance and love and hugs to all those who have gone through it or like me just embarking on this new path of life.

Hiya, I’ve been through exactly the same, except opposite breasts.

diagnosed idc lump and massive dcis resulting in mastectomy of right breast.  As the lumps were deep I was able to have a skin sparing mastectomy with temporary implant.  Path result showed 1 sentinel node had cancer so I was given an axillary clearance the following week, all 11 lymph nodes were clear.  I then underwent 6 x Fec-t.

6 months after chemo temp implant was replaced and boob tidied up.  8 months later left breast reduction to match. Another 8 months and had a nipple made and last week I had the nipple colour tattooed.

i was diagnosed July 2013 and am just coming up to my 3 year anniversary.

happy to answer any questions you may have.

take care x

hi. just had r mastectomy and axilliary node clearance 2 days ago , i couldnt have immediate recon due to the fact i may need radiotherapy i am surprised at how good my scar is and that the loss of a breast hasnt phased me at all i really thought it would , my good breast can be reduced whatever i decide as i was big breasted and looks ridiculous now lol , no-one wants this but i can honestly say i feel i will stay positive and i hope you do too xx