cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastectomy reconstruction

4 REPLIES 4
angeljo

Re: Mastectomy reconstruction

Hi ladies I've decided go with LD flap autologous procedure with secondary lipo filling . So glad I've made my choice sleeping better now already for my op on Monday then on the road to recovery . Thank you for all your comments it's really helped me wishing you all the best in the future and on your journeys take care 🤗 . I will post how it all goes after my op so watch this space ! 👍 X

rosie14

Hi Angelo!
What a decision to have to make!!!😬
I had tissue expanders followed by silocen implants 2 years ago. I had a failed implant last July and had to,have a smaller one inserted! This left me lop sided and very tight!😬 I was treated in Cyprus. Now spend more time in the UK and am on waiting list to have it all u done! I have been offered a bi lateral DIEP which I am very scared about. My other alternative is to have the implants removed- which I have been told won't last- and have a flat chest wall!
I would discuss your options with the nurse before making your final decision!
Good luck with whatever you chose!
1960sgirl

Hi Jo,

i'm 3 months post surgery - LD flap and smallish implant. Everything has healed up amazingly well. Scars fading. New boob is good size and shape match for my remaining breast. Life went back to normal very quickly after the op. .happy to answer any questions you may have if it helps.

caroline

Lizzy_BCC

Hi AngelJo,

I am sure users will be along to show their support very soon. I have moved your post to our Surgery Board in order to users more of a chance to see it and respond. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

angeljo

Mastectomy reconstruction

Hi all I've got my op on the 31 st October just need to decide which procedure I'm seeing the nurse Monday to see pictures and decuss more . It's between back flap with implant or back flap then later stage have lipo suction to my tummy , which she thinks would take two goes to match the other breast . I I'm thinking more to the lipo suction but wanted to see what others lady's had . Thanks very anxious and not really sleeping at the moment 😬. Jo