Mastectomy site - red dots

I maybe niave but I have noticed 2 tiny red marks on the site the mastectomy. I thought they might be side effects from the radiotherapy - I seem to have other brown pigmentation marks which have also developed. I seem to remember reading on cancer backupn site that you could develop pigmentation marks. Anyone know anything about them. What skin mets like?

Hi starfish

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their advice and experiences you might find it helpful to read the BCC booklet on radiotherapy as there is section which covers side effects.

If you would like a copy just follow this link:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/bcc_radiotherapy_final.pdf

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Skin mets can present as small red dots or almost look like pimples that don’t come to a head… it is probably best to have a word with your bcn as it is probably something else but best to make sure… if you google skin mets and look at images there are some pictures there although they tend to be of advanced cases…

Theresa

Hi starfish,
How long since you had your mastec?

Skin mets can present as small red dots along the scar line. Mine appeared fairly quickly (though I do have IBC)after surgery and rads, within 3 months.

Hopefully what you can see is due to rads treatment, but do check with your onc.

Best wishes
Jackie x