Maximise & Bluejules

I have had such sad news today. Two of my friends that I have made on the Secondary Breast Cancer thread have deteriorated rapidly.

Those of you who post on the liver secondaries thread may recall seeing posts from Lorraine (Maximise)with a photo of her Cocker Spaniel puppy. I am very sorry to tell you that Lorraine passed away on 4th November. She leaves behind a loving husband Craig, a 6 year old son Liam and a close and loving family and friends. Lorraine was only 36.

On the same thread. Julie (Bluejules) got married to Colin earlier this year, some of you may remember her telling us about her wedding arrangements and I watched the ceremony via the web cam. It was lovely. She has a beautiful daughter, Rhiannon, who is now facing losing her mother. Her father died of cancer 4 years ago and Julie is now in the same Hospice. Rhiannon tells me she has been asleep now for two days and that she is in no pain and is peaceful and they are looking after her very well.

Please think of them and their families at this sad time.

Sue xx

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and the imminent loss of another…this disease is so cruel especially leaving young children behind xx

very sorry to hear this I have followed both of their postings on the forums

Oh Sue,

I am so sorry to hear this. Thankyou for letting us know Sue.

I never met Maximise but recall the picture.

I have met Bluejules on a Liverpool meet. I have spoken to you before about her Sue. I have been regularly checking her facebook page. This is shocking to say the least.

Julie x

Oh I am so sad to read this news. Maximise had exchanged private messages with me here. Only this morning I was looking to see if she had posted in the last few days and I was going to PM her later today. And I’m just so sorry to hear about Jules too.
Thinking of both families.
Too sad.
Belinda.
xx

Was in shock a bit before.
Best wishes to both families.

julie x

Very sad news. Thinking of their respective family and friends. I’ve often read their posts.

Sue - look after yourself as I know it will be hard for you to deal with too.

Liz x

This is such awfull sad news, my heart gos out to both Lorraine and Julie, how cruel this desease is, my thoughts are with both of their family and friends at this very sad time.

Linda xx

I am very sad to read this dreadful news- my condolences go out to both their families who must be devastated.
God damn this evil disease
tina xx

How awful and so very very sad for their families - i didn’t “know” either of the ladies but i do recall reading some posts. Please accept my condolences and heartfelt sympathy. Lynnx.

Hi Sue,

What a sad post. I followed both these ladies posts and feel gutted that Maximise has lost her life so young to this awful disease and my heart goes out to her husband, daughter & family/friends.

I hope Julie is peaceful and pain free, so unfair and to sad for her daughter to have to go through this so soon after losing her dad.

Thinking of you both Julie and Maximise and you too Sue as we forge great friendship on these boards and its a difficult time for everyone.

Take good care

Chris
xxxx

Dear Sue,
This must be so difficult for you. To have such sad news about different friends must have an impact on you and your recovery…
Thinking of you as you bear this news.

Of course my heart felt wishes go out to your friends’ families too.
Their stories are just so painful to read about.
Their children, partners,friends and family are in my thoughts.
The unfairness just makes me cry as nothing or no one can explain away this condition and its deadly attack…

Wendy x

I spoke to Julie’s daughter Rhiannon yesterday and I am very sorry to tell you all that Julie died peacefully on Saturday. The funeral is on Monday and there wil be lavender coloured flowers, her favourite and everyone will be wearing brightly coloured clothes.

Rhiannon was very sorry that her mother had not discussed with anyone what she wanted and would have loved her mother to have written her a letter.

It is my intention to write some letters for my children eg. when they reach 18, 21, get engaged, married, not sure quite how many will be ‘too’ many. At the moment I can’t imagine not being around for Rebekah’s 18th next August or John’s 16th in March. That’s the problem. When do you do it?

I am afraid that OH and I only get through some of this with humour. I asked him if he wanted me to write a letter for him? Then I thought about writing one to his ‘new girlfriend!’. I joke about a queue forming outside once I am on my way! I have threatened to advise them that I have got all the money/assets stitched up (there’s not that much!!!) so she is wasting her time there, that he will only buy her flowers when she is really ill or has a baby (no chance of that as I have fixed that too!!!) I could go on but fear I may offend.

Thank you for all your supportive posts, it means a lot to me.

Love to all Sue x

I’m so very sorry to read this sad news…xx

Dear Sue

So so sad, both ladies dying far too young. Heartbreaking for the children, the families … and so difficult for you. I pootle along quite merrily most of the time and it’s news like this that brings home to me the reality of this disease. You will be feeling particularly vulnerable at the moment.

To respond to your latest post, I recently saw a picture in a magazine of a “cuddle cushion” that someone had made for her children, with a photo of her in the middle (I guess using t-shirt transfer technology or some such?) and the words “For when you need a cuddle, love Mummy” underneath. I thought what a lovely idea and wouuld like to do that for my daughter and hubby too!

Best wishes.
Alison xx