1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May '16 anyone?

Bibi44

Re: May '16 anyone?

Hi Tina I was told you need 3 FEC to get the minimum effective dose of Epirubicin.  They can't give higher dose because, as someone has already said, it's toxic to your heart, so they need to be careful.   Don't worry about this angle because they will monitor your heart function throughout & reduce the dose if there are any signs of toxicity. They also said chemo only affects the cells that are actively dividing.  They aren't all dividing at the same time, so they have worked out (& I have absolutely no idea how) that if they do it 6 times at 3 weekly intervals that should destroy all the cancer cells. Good luck ladies xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh i see. I wonder what the answer would be if i asked if i could have less! Hahaa....i can imagine the looks id get x
Loolyboo

Hi, no you're not being thick 😉 I have no idea why we have 6 cycles .. The T part of the chemo is Docetaxel and the Herceptin is giving separate to this but on the same day x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, so why 3 cycles of fec ? Who decides 3 is the right number? Sorry....am i missing the point. ..is the T part herceptin? Is that given the same way? Sorry for being thick.
Xx
Loolyboo

Hi Tina, they don't give herceptin with FEC because both carry a small risk of affecting your heart which is why you have to wait to the T part to receive it - I'm on my 3rd FEC on Tues then will start herceptin with T 3wks following. Hope this helps 😊
Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, im going to get a wig as an incase! Im dreading the eyelashes  going x

Flower2016

I have been off work since day diagnosed. I was contracting to save some money and looking for permanent job. Now unemployable until next year. X

Flower2016

Hi Tina

i was desperate to try cold cap as have lovely long hair but oncologist going on about theoretical possibility of mets and being as I am grade 3 and 4 nodes I think I will not try. I hate being grade 3 and all the "aggressive" terminology. In fact just been in my room doing turban look to practise but will look at some hats from suburban turban. It is pretty confronting but I looked more than ok really for around the house and garden. I am 42 and single. X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi flower

I THINK im getting  3 FEC then 3 FECT. I say THINK because  i was in a bit of a daze! I do know that I  had surgery to remove a grade 3 er her2 positive lump and 3 lymph nodes, j had clear margins and  nodes but because of the grade i was told chemo....then herceptin.....then radiotherapy then hormone therapy.  I would like to know why 3 fec are needed before the herceptin can be given though?  In the NICE guidelines it doesn't state how many...i asked her but she cleverly scooted round the answer by saying its just how its done.  Im a questioner so i like to know WHY things have to happen. Im going to  call Tuesday and see if anyone can answer me....and try to bringthe treatment forward if possible.  I hate waiting and this journey so far has involved  soooo much waiting!

Im married with 3 girls,  7, 18 and 21....im 48, 49 the day after  1st chemo...nice!. The older girls ive told but the little one.well im going to tackle each "issue " as n when it arises. Im trying the  cold cap,are you. ? 

I work as a teaching assistant in a special  school and  so won't be able to work....thats going to  drive me insane! 

And our holiday abroad. ...well....itll need cancelling sadly, i might call the airline and see if they'd kindly let us have an open date so we can go when its over!

Anyway,  enough of my ramblings 

Tina xx

Flower2016

Hello

i posted yesterday as I start on May 9th so we can do it together. I get 6 x TAC. What about you? I love the idea of your physical meet ups...how wonderful to see people in person and be moving on together. This forum is a wonderful thing. I am in Devon x

rosie14

Hi Tina I think someone had started a May thread under Anyone want to be my May buddy! Do join this group it will provide you wth all the support and encouragement you need to go on this journey that so many of us have found ourselves on! I am a member of the April 14 thread and 5 of us keep in regular contact and we are about to meet up again for our second reunion! I had my treatment in Cyprus and without the forum I am sure that I wouldn't have coped it can be such a lonely journey!
Good luck you have come to the right place for support!
Guest user
Not applicable

May '16 anyone?

Im due to start on may 20th, anyone else a may lady? I live in West Midlands by the way.

Tina