Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

nanniereeree

Re: May Moonbeams

Oh ally thank you that is just how I feel thought I was going mad lol xx
Marie
Aly1971

Hi Maxie. Not daft questions at all. I was told to use a soft toothbrush so as not to aggravate the gums as they get super sensitive, has your dentist got experience of patients with chemo? If they have then should be fine if not I'd use a soft brush. I have early signs of gum disease too but usiNg corsydol daily to try and keep this at bay. I also use a toothpaste specifically for dry mouths, it's called bio something - was on the preparing for chemo thread.
on the thermometer front I change mine when taking other people's temps as assumed its a germ thiNg and would cost a fortune otherwise. But do put a new one on every so often just in case.
Ann, I will definitely be taking senna or movicol the day/night before next chemo as only just recovering from the aftermath of this on and that took glycerine suppositories - yuk!! Also definitely drink loads of water (2-3ltrs) day before day of and for a few days after. Helps with the veins a d flushing everything through/minimising side effects.
in terms of food I would just make sure you have in the kind off stuff you like to eat when feeling yukky, for me that's been oat cakes, hula hoops, toast, cereal bars, bananas and jacket potatoes but sure everyone differs. Little and often seems got be the key.
Emma glad the scan went ok - how's everything healing now?
Marie. Sorry your feeling so tired. I guess it's accumulative. I too am rather looking forward to having the house back to myself. My childmjnder is taking the kids to the cinema this afternoon and I tend to find myself just wandering around not quite sure what to do too tired/fuzzy to concentrate on anything.

xxx
nanniereeree

Ann, stop worrying ! I had the same convinced I had a ear infection but hadnt, if you are worried tell them when you go for treatment if you still have it.
Just drink plenty of water don't know about constipation stuff as I don't get it (suffer with colitis so loose all the time so constipation makes it normal) lol. Sorry to be gross..
You will be fine
As to eating with sickness whatever you feel like I live on crisps and biscuits when I feel icky whatever you need you may not get any nausea 🙂 fingers crossed. We are all here for you.
sending big hugs
Marie xxxxx
( dinner sweet chilli chicken and lime wrap with salad can't wait )
JaneyW

My dentist said to use a soft toothbrush, not to floss as that can sometimes irritate gums if your white bloods are are low, and to use a gentle mouthwash instead. Also to clean teeth gently after each meal. I decided to keep my toothbrush separately from husband's in case of bugs. I also found that using less than normal toothpaste on the brush was better after chemo as the foam isn't good if you feel even mildly nauseous.

Marie, I'm finding the same as you, that I'm tireder this time than the first one, but you do seem to have been hammered. I tell the family I'm off to practice sleeping!

Hugs to you all Moonbeams.
Jane x
Maxie

Hi Moonbeams,

Hope you don't mind me popping in from the 'June Jewels' thread, I've been reading all your posts for quite a while now so feel like I sort of know you all a bit even though you don't know me! (sound like a weird stalker lol!)

Anyway was after a bit of advice, wondering if any of you have an ear thermometer with the little disposable cap things on the end? It says on the instructions that a new cap MUST be used every time you take your temp. Well if Im taking temp twice a day will need bucketloads of new caps and think they may be expensive. Do you think it just means when you're taking someone's temp when they're ill and it's so not to get their germs etc?
Normally would try and work this out for myself and be logical but my brain seems to have gone to mush lately and am panicking about all sorts of daft things!

Another thing was I've read somewhere that you need to change your toothbrush often while on chemo and also to use a soft toothbrush. Went to my dentist couple of weeks ago and was told not to use too soft a toothbrush as would risk gum disease (which apparently I have early stages of-body falling apart!!!) and that I should just soak head of toothbrush (electric one) in Milton??

Sorry for all these probably daft questions while your all going through your s/e's etc but at least they may give you a laugh eh!!!

Maxie xxx
Melrose15

Hi Moonies.
Had my scan and luckily it was the ECHO Lola mentioned. Only 10 minutes and glad to say I have a healthy heart. Yay! Mind you he did press quiet hard so if your left side was effected it would hurt a bit.
Glad you all seem to be dealing with the S/e's. It seems the fatique is kicking in with each cycle. Take care all of you and rest well xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning. Forty eight hours to go and I am back in melt down. I have made an appointment to have my fairly long hair cut at 4pm tomorrow.

What do I need to do between now and the first treatment ? shall I start taking anti constipation medicines ? drinks gallons of fluid ? what shall I eat to help me with sickness ? I have been sneezing and have ear ache but I don't feel ill and my temp is stuck at 36.2 which is normal for me. Do I tell them ? and I have a sore in the corner of my mouth, I never have cold sores.
nanniereeree

Morning moonies, feeling better in myself this morning but the lethargy is unreal walk to the kitchen put kettle on have to sit down whilst it boils? Make coffee sit down, I'm not the most active person normaly but this is far worse than anything I have ever felt I know it is our bodies fighting the toxins but Hell !! But I'm still positive lol.
Had a bad weekend no visitors and stick in the house as too wary to go anywhere. Hubby working in garden and repairing motorhome ready for holiday in July I got a bit p-----d off.
Oh well back to normal today on my own again at least I can eat when I want and not have to worry about him ( diabetic)
sorry to whinge ...Marie hugs to us all xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

aww dont worry about being a wuss, I was like that the other day when they admitted me, they couldnt get the cannula in on about 3 attempts and I did cry cos I was feeling so poorly too, so I understand what you are going through, I think for me they will put in a line, my best vein is on the arm they can not use, typical (and my oH hates needles too!)
keep your arm as warm as you can but hopefully they wont need a cannula
hugs
Karen
x
Melrose15

March13. I'm not sure!! Karen, luckily my OH is coming now so I'll have someone to hold my hand if I need a cannula put in! What a wuss!!
Lola65

Hi Emma,

The ECHO cardiogramme scan is a simple 10 minute ultrasound scan of the heart. It measures the flow through the ventricals.
Then there is the MUGA scan, which is more complicated and involves the radioactive injection first. It is more thorough than the ECHO scan.

Neither of these are the same as the ECG with the sticky patches and wires.

I had the ECHO scan before chemo started because I am on Docetaxol and Herceptin at the same time. 4 months after start of chemo I will have a MUGA scan. If I get any adverse heart symptoms I will have one earlier than 4 months.

Hospitals vary in their protocols.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Emma
I had a ct scan which they injected dye in but also had a MUGGA scan where you lay on a bed very similary to ct scan and it just goes at an angle to your body, the only drawback if you have this one is that they do inject you with dye again which this time is radioactive - so you glow like the ready brek man - no pain apart from cannula. Im not aware of others apart from the one where they put stickers all over you
had a mini nap and feel shattered, and my bottom hurts - what a baby eh!!!
temp still down, getting paranoid now with the thermometer
sofa time I think
catch you later
Karen
Guest user
Not applicable

Emma, do you mean a heart echo cardiogram ?
Zuzy

sorry Emna not had one so can't help, good luck though!! Xx
Melrose15

Hi Moonies. Quick question! I'm having a heart scan tomorrow and wondered what it entailed. Martha had a contrast injected but think that's an ECG? Is there another type of scan on the heart?
Hopefully you can enlighten me as I'm getting a bit worried now that I may have to have a canulla 😞
Thanks Emma x
Enjoy the sunny evening xx
Zuzy

Hi everyone, I've spent all weekend on the sofa (again!) def think have been more tired this time but hopefully starting to come around now. District nurse came to do injection and tried to persuade me to do my own....really don't want to though, although if I have to have 5 after each one I might have to give it a go as that's a lot of sitting in waiting! tomorrow I have the joy of both booster injection and zoladex the same day which I could really do without, sigh! Am currently munching my way through a bag of choc covered apricots, apparently they are good for constipation (that's my excuse anyway!)
Dodo, Marie and Janey hope you are all doing ok afte no 2 too, and that everyone else is ok and good luck those having treatment this week
xxx
Dodo14

Glad to say my temperature is down to 36.9/37.0 without needing a trip to a and e. Hoping this will be the end of that panic now. Indigestion wearing off and nowhere near as bad as last time thanks to smaller meals. Have bile in my throat which keeps making me think I have a sore throat but it comes and goes when I eat and doesn't hurt in quite the same way - everything is a worry though!
Re: day 5 - I reduced my steroids this cycle over the three days and have not had a mood crash at all so that is definitely worth considering if the nausea levels allow.
Ann - it is horrible that we are having this treatment when we may not need it but how do we know if we do or not? The best bet we all have is to throw everything at it and get it beat. So get more ginger nuts now.
Zuzy - how are you getting on?
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for all the encouragement again. Had a wobble this morning when I found an article on the internet about how many women don't actually need the chemotherapy after having successful surgery. It seems like a very large sledgehammer to crack a nut that might not be there in the first place. No doubt in years to come modern medicine will find a way of scanning for rogue cells, but in the meantime we all have to be poisoned into oblivion.

I have eaten, in bed this morning, an entire packet of ginger nuts. They were bought for me to have when I am sick after treatment and therefore I have to cancel because my nuts are no more !!
namaste

Afternoon moonies 🙂
Lovely to catch up with everyone, seems we're all managing ok which is good. It's so helpful when worries or niggles surface and we can come on here to ask opinions from those in the know!
Anne, glad you've found some sort of resolution.. I know it's not your preferred option but it sounds like you're coming to terms with it and I'm sure you'll find you can cope with much more than you think. Glad you're feeling better Karen and Marie, that's a look I'll be rocking next week 🙂
I'm having 2/12 tomorrow which has come round very quickly 😞 I'm still blerdy constipated from last week so I'll have to ask nicely for something to help. I also know the effects are cummulative but have been pleasantly surprised as how manageable the week has been. I've been nauseaus but had tables, absolutely exhausted so have done things in short bursts, wide awake at all hours thanks to the steroids and dealt with a bit of a crash. The other thing I think this chemo does is affect your nerve transmissions so some very odd feelings there!
Anyway, like all of you I'm making the most of the sunshine... hope you all have a lovely day 🙂 x
Aly1971

Karen - we had a bbq yesterday I was ultra vigiilant and avoided the chicken wings just to be sure but it was so nice to be outside in the sunshine. Just come back from a lovely lunch with OH and my girls at our local pub so day 5 is going pretty well for me at the moment. Enjoy the sunshine everyone.
x
Guest user
Not applicable

are we safe with home bbq's providing we cook really really well? I will cook it myself?
feeling a little hemmed in lol
Karen
x
nanniereeree

Morning ladies back in the land of he living today ... Feel so much better today . Those asking day one is chemo day so I had mine Thursday so I'm day 5 today no steroids only injections woop woop
hope everyone is feeling o.k have a lovely day
Marie
Penny47

Yeah make the most of the sunshine cos we're all in for a short wet spell. I'm off to the shops to buy a shade lounger for my morning nap.
Rara

Hi I love the fact that our new but temporary normal lives revolve around talking about constipation! I was constipated for 8 days after my 5 days of diarrhoea! doc gave me laxido and even that took three days to work!
I think the chemo day is day one but not certain....
Karen, I had tears within first four days and I was told it might be the steroids contribution. I was ridiculously depressed on day 3. But it faded on day four. Then of course I had tonsillitis to deal with,! but all in all, I do feel very blessed that the side effects were so much less then I was expecting. My nausea was miminal! And any little bit was dispersed courtesy of a ginger biscuit.
my hair thinned from day 5 but I still look fairly normal! My wiggy hasn't arrived either but I do hope it does before cycle 2 which is this coming .thursday as apparently it goes quickly after number two when you are having fEC?
Dodo and Aly, I am amazed by the differences in our temperatures and also the medical response to them.....I was obsessed by my temperature to start with but it seems to be around 36.4 most of the time.
Ann, I hope that you maintain your super new attitude towards this chemo malarkey and your oh going away. You have my phone number so make sure you ring me if you want to talk again! Getting my positivey back has been such a Godsend.
love to all and have a good bank holiday, hopefully in the sunshine!
Rachel xx
Aly1971

Morning Karen, i was wondering what counts as day 1 too, have been calling day 1 my dose day at the moment so I'm day 5 today and waiting for the no steroid crash to kick in. Finished the last of those last night along with the constipating oneansetron. Have also just realised that my nurse hasnt given me a 7 day dose of Metroclopramide but a 4 and a bit day dose. I've actually not felt too bad on the sickness front so going to lower my dose to one tablet this afternoon/ evening and see how I go then call them in the morning if I need supplies.
thanks for the constipation tips. Will be speaking to doctor about Movicol it worked wonders on my little girls constipation when she was 2 and its great cos you can adjust the dose to your needs, just wish I could a avoid puttiNg more medicines into my body.
Karen - I had terrible piles after my 2nd birth and got suppositories which really helped. I did also have to sit on my daughters blow up swimming ring!!! I hope the mastitis has improved.
dodo hope the temps sorted itself out.

How's everyone else doing?? Alex, Deborah, Jill , Rachel and Littlescoot??
also Caz, Badbambi, Mchales, Namaste & penash.
hope your all doing ok???
Think I'm going to spend today under the duvet!!!
xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning moonies
Its a lovely sunny day and I'm the only one up at 9.30am!
Just to put minds at rest - I definitely not breast feeding, certainly no more babies for me. I didn't think you could get mastitis unless breast feeding but I'm going to be different!
Areyew counting the day of chemo as day 1 or the day after? If so I hit day 5 bottom yesterday, tears and tantrums lol, oh well. At times I just want to be on my own, v tired, feel sick but it's ok ish! I understand what you are saying Ann about just needing someone but we are all here.
Think hair beginning to come out a bit feel bit low and Eleanor wigby not arrived yet!
Have a lovely day guys, what's best for Piles? Lol
Hugs
Karen
JaneyW

I'll answer the constipation question Aly - been working on it! I called my GP to get a prescription for Movicol since I now get free prescriptions as of last month's big birthday (they prescribe a cheaper version called Laxido, which in fact you can also buy over the counter in a pharmacy). I'd been recommended Movicol as it is gentle but effective and you can take it long term if you need. I started taking it on return from the chemo session since this was a problem for me last time, and carried on until I'd finished the ondansetron tablets - they're the culprits. Also upped the dietary fibre, although this is never a problem for me normally. Ah yes, normal. Remember "normal" Ladies?

Here's to our new normal!
Hugs
Jane x
barbara2013

Dodo= my computer has been out of action so i hope you are settled now- I do think I'd check in with them if I was you- but making your position and history very clear- I know they always go for the ultra careful option but you may well get a different opinion fom someone else- it's all so stressful having to take such action- best of luck.
Aly1971

Fairly regularly. I have been taking it 3-4 times daily post chemo but I just know from pre-chemo that my core temp is on the high side. I think usual is anywhere between 36.8 and 37.5 for adults. I have an ear thermometer which aren't totally accurate infact even each ear is normally a few degrees different at the same time!
x
Dodo14

Barbara I am on day 5. My temperature was roughly the same this point first cycle and I feel pretty much the same as I did then too. I know if I phone them again they will tell me to go in as that is what they wanted me to do last time I spoke to them but it feels a bit over the top.
barbara2013

Dodo- are you in the neotropenic period? I was told this was the most crucial time for temp- and to contact the ward if over 37.5 and also if you felt unwell/very different to how you had felt earlier- it is very hard to get a precise steer on this- I'd ring again for reassurance this eve but tell them this happened last time- we are all different and we are the ones in the best place to know our individual patterns - the tough part is having any confidence in our judgements isn't it- Do hope it works well for you tonight.
Hope the rest of you have a good night too- I had v bad last night- steriod sleepless and nausea but no vomiting. Feeling positive tho'- sunshine today by the sea.
x
Dodo14

Aly do you take your temperature regularly?
Aly1971

Hi Dodo, I was told 38 and over by my nurse. My core temperature is pretty much always around 37.4/5 so I'd be in real trouble if they hauled me in for that. I rarely get under 37.2. Guess I'm just 'hot blooded' sure my OH would agree!!!
sorry I can't be more help really frustrating when you get such mixed messages from the medical professionals.
x
Dodo14

Hi guys, I have been on to the hospital today as my temperature reached 37.7. They said as long as I felt ok and no higher should be ok, they checked back 4 times with me and each time changed their position. A doctor told me as long as less than 38 and I feel ok not to worry. Then the nurse came back when my temp had settled at 37.4 and said it had been at that level too long and I should go and have my bloods taken - this when I was eating dinner - having said no problem since 11am! Anyway I have so far resisted and they are happy as long as doesn't go above 37.5 again. the thing is it was around that temp this time last cycle and then dropped. I really don't know what to do for the best - any advice?
nanniereeree

Hi Ann, glad you have sported it out, I think you will be ok to drive I felt ok just didn't want to drive as I didn't know how I was going to feel.
I will tell you I feel even more tired this time it is not a sleepy tired though.
Im sure hubby will be worrying about you whilst he is away but we have he technology lol...
Marie
Aly1971

Ann I am so pleased you have found a solution and it is great that you have someone you can stay with who you trust - that will make all the difference. I think some of the others here drove themselves back from treatment and have driven subsequently so as long as you check with your insurers you should be fine.
Its so scary thinking about whats about to happen but we will all get through this - as someone else said here this is a bump in a very long road ahead of us and we will get over it and back to our lives stronger and with new inner powers!!
Aly xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, you are all such stars and what would I do without you. I have turned a corner and do feel more positive. The fear remains and will do until I have actually sat down and let them pour it into me.

All I need to be able to achieve after having the treatment is to be able to get up and drive to my horses which is only 2 miles from home. I am not worried if I can't do heavy work, ride or push barrows about. I just need to be independant and not frightened anymore.
Is is possible to drive and do I need to tell my insurance providers ? We have had a good talk and the guilt/bitterness has been put to bed. I want him to stay for the duration of the holiday/wedding andnot worry about me. If I cannot stay at home alone I will be going to stay with my best friend who is also my vet. She said she has dealt with and cleaned up a whole lot worse than I am liable to produce !

It is helping me read about how people reacted after their first FEC and so far it does not seem too bad. I just so hope it does not flatten me.
Aly1971

Have just spent an hour in the front garden in the beautiful sunshine with my mum & daughters planting tomatoes, chives, radishes, rocket, sweat peas, sunflowers, poppies and stocks, today feels like a good day - lets keep hold of these and remember them when we're going throught the rough ones.

;)

xxxx
elliedog

March 13 have been reading your posts over recent days and sorry I havent posted but I can see there has been so much support. You are doing the right thing by talking to people when you need to. I find that is the best thing I can do. The chemo is the best thing to do and although your OH will be away you will cope. Sometimes I find that when my OH isnt here I just get on with it (2 sons to entertain) and before i know it Ive got through it.
I have been feeling ok since chemo until yesterday and my face and chest came out in full blown teenager spots. Had a visit to the hospital, they checked me over bloods etc and they came back with its a reaction to the Herceptin which I am having along side my chemo. So sent away 3 hours later with antibiotics and reasurrance this is normal and that considering what drugs i have in me this is nothing to worry about. But they dont have to walk around looking like they need a paper bag over their head. Also developed acid everytime I eat. I love to eat but the only thing that doesnt give me acid at the moment is ice cream. Also not sure weather to shave head now as head is feeling tight and pully might just give it a couple of more days and then decide.
I forget who was asking about heart scan. I have had a heart scan because I have herceptin and pretuzemab with chemo. The herception can have a reaction on your heart so they like to keep a check on it. But if your healthy it unusal for it to effect the heart and if it does they just give you a rest.
So back to relaxing. OH not in, boys are playing together nicely so im going to make the most of it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Angela xx
Aly1971

Morning Moonies - I haven't checked in for a few days - seems like there's been a fair amount going on.

Karen - I hope you're feeling better, mastitis is no fun at all - I had no idea you could get it apart from when breast feeding - or are you? Its a horrible thing to get and I hope it clears up for you very soon.

Penny - sorry you had to spend some time in hospital but rather like the visualisation that the young doctor gave you, this is such a day to day obstacle course of symptoms and side effects isn't it?? I think its going to be a long few months...I wore sickness bands on the day of chemo and for 2 days after and I really think they may have helped - even if just from a psycholigical point of view.

Ann - I feel very frustrated for you that they won't change your chemo start date but sometimes I guess we just have to get on with what is thrown at us, from my personal experience so far with the first dose it has been managable, the SE meds all seem to have done thier job and despite constipation - which I'm working on sorting out, and a bit of acid reflux/indegestion (brought on by a delicious curry my OH made last night so totally self inflcited) I have been amazed how ok I've been. The only other sypmtoms have been tiredness (but still able to get up and do things) and mild nausea. If I'd have had to spend the last few days on my own I could have done it.
We are all here for you and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we will be extra vigilant in watching over you during the time when you OH is away. I know its not the same as being physically there but we will be your 'cyber support'. Also its really great news that it's not in your lymph nodes - thats a really good indicator that there's not been a spread. It really does mean that the chemo is 'precautionary' - don't you love that word, feels odd that something so massive as chemo can be just a precaution.

Is anyone else suffering from constipation?? Have been taking Senakot, Modjool Dates and putting flax seeds into a berry smoothy but nothing seems to be shifting it. Have sent my OH to the chemist for some glycerine suppositories (sorry for the graphic image) and tempted to crack open the Movicol Peadiatric which we had for my littlest when she was having problems (all sorted now). Think I maybe just need a good walk???

Finally on the heart scan front I had one pre-op but I think thats normal - guess they just use that one? Dont think everyone has one though I think it depends on what regime you are having - have a feeling if you are taking herceptin at any time you have one?

Wishing you all a very sunny day - I'm heading out into the sunshine with my little ones to plant some sunflowrs 🙂

Aly xx
Penny47

Karen- that is awful! Glad you had some good care. Like me, some people just can't seem to be able to stay away from hospital!
Ann- The steroids (which finished yesterday for me) aren't a dosage which would make you fat unless you carried on taking them. In fact I have to report that between the nausea, exhaustion and general lack of appetite I have lost about half a stone. Nice to be able to feel my hipbones again but not really what you want to do when on chemo so today I shall be eating an extra banana or two.
Was yesterday FEC 1 Day 4 for me? I think so. Not half as bad as I was dreading. In fact it was a brilliant day.
Guest user
Not applicable

Why do we have to have steriods, I am already far too fat. The last thing I need is insomnia, at least when I am asleep I have a break from being a cowardly wimp !
Guest user
Not applicable

good evening ladies
thought I had better check in with you all
well what a few days this has been for us all...

I have spent 2 nights in hospital with high temp, rash, shakes etc, turns out it was mastitis which should have been checked for before chemo started, no wonder I was in such a bad way, I spent the night on medical assessment ward then went to chemo ward last night and have been on antibiotics and will be for a week or so, not nice but do feel little better than i did
I am on the day with no steroids and struggling to get any sleep at all, probably due to all the sleeping ive done over the past 2 days!
sorry to hear of the problems some of you are having, we are here for each other
I hope se's are ok for us all etc
Karen x
nanniereeree

Good girl now chill out lol xxxxx
Marie
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Naniereeree,

I am not on tamoxifen or anything else except the bottle of magners I have just opened.
nanniereeree

I haven't had a heart scan either? Is it because you are on tamoxifen ?
i am not on that so I wonder?
head now shaved feels so much better not itching down my neck all the time lol will change my pic later xxx
Marie
Penny47

Yikes Dodo! (and Ann) I had my heart scan the day before I started and they gave me the sealed envelope to take tot he chemo appt. I like to think if they were concerned there would have been a heads up. Well, live and learn.
Ann I saw my ONC first on a Sat morning- I think it was the only way they could fit it into their targets. Very peaceful and relaxed.
Dodo14

Ann at least they have checked. I haven't had one at all.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, I am home. Very odd experience this morning. I attended the cardiology dept, not a soul in there bar a receptionist. I had always thought a Saturday appointment was odd. However it was for real and i had my heart scan bang on time. I asked why it was a Saturday appointment and was told there was no other opportunity to get me in before my chemo appt. I was very tempted to say they need not have bothered, I really would not have minded as I had been trying to delay it anyway !!

It was interesting to watch the monitor. I was surprised to be told the scan is not looked at before the first treatment, it is just put on my record and referred back to during and after the treatment to see if anything has changed. Needless to say that did not help my confidence.
Penny47

Hello all of you- I made a quick dash to the Cheltenham Helpline Ward last night because my temp spiked, with shivers and shakes. I knew it was too early for neutropenia. Absolutely NO problems, neutrophile on the high side if anything. The very young doctor who saw us helped me visualise the high temp as the body's way of cleaning up after the chemical changes brought on by the chemo. He then made me feel ill by recommending I eat lots of fatty food while recovering. We spent two hours there- they offered OH a delicious sandwich and some Horlicks and I was gagging on their water (Chateau de Bleach). Met some other patients in poor shape and one person I recognized- if it was by any chance you reading this please PM me I'm not always great on names. After a Naff night dreaming of camping on their doorstep (and not enjoying it) I have got up and feel really much better. MD has bought me some sickness bands and I have just thoroughly enjoyed a bowl of Rice Crispies with Hula Hoops for dessert. Yum! Meanwhile George Cat is depressed for some reason. His latest exploit was smashing up an unopened jar of English Mustard. Not his best moment. Taking him for a walk this afternoon.
Ann I am really with all those on here who have been encouraging you. One of my biggest challenges has been admitting when I need help. I could easily need someone to drive me to hospital for chemo one day soon as OH has worsening hip problem. I just dread having to ask neighbours. But at the same time when they say "if there is anything I can do"...I guess they mean it?!