cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

Aly1971

Re: May Moonbeams

FEC-T 1/6 - day 11
Hi Everyone, been a few days since I posted but have been popping in every now and again to see how eveyones doing - which seems to be pretty well - big pat on the back to all of us.
Karen - total bummer that your still in hospital, i hope you're not climbing the walls - have they given you your own room for some peace and quiet - when I was in for my MX the lady opposite me was on a drip which needed replacing every 30 mins throughout the night and beeped when it needed to be changed, wish I'd taken earlplugs and have packed them in my hospital bag for next time. I love the fact your dog came to find you - thats amazing, I've heard of cats doing that, thank goodness a nice person found her.
Rachael - so glad you feel better this time round - its fantastic how they can tailor the meds so well for each round isn't it? Round 1 definitely felt a bit 'experimental' to me.
Ann - really please the sickness abaited and your feeling a bit better - I was through the worst by day 5 hope you are too. Looking forward to hearing news on the foal.
Littlescoot - I saw on the YBCN Facebook page your were out (at least I think it was you) so pleased and really hope they've sorted your meds out for next time.
As for me well I woke up on Friday morning (day 9) and felt SO much better, no nausea, more energy, so it's true you do get through it - I feel very lucky that this time round I'm feeling 'normal' this early. I've had a lovely weekend, met up with friends for coffee yesterday, went for a bike ride in the park with the kids this afternoon. You really don't know how good it feels to feel good until its taken away don't you?? I don't think I realised how rubbish I actually felt until I felt better. The good weather also REALLY helps.
Going to be super cautious this week and not get carried away as I have a concert/Gig I really want to go to on Friday. I wish they'd invent some kind of white cell counter that you could do at home like the diabetes blood sugar pens so you could know for sure that your ok, I feel fine but you just have no idea what going on inside.
Anyway love to all you moonbeams - may you keep well and SE free - good luck to anyone 'dosing up' this week - there must be a few?? And for those that are through the worst take care of yourselves and enjoy the good times!
Aly xx
PS - veins still hurting - quite sore and bruised, its moving up the arm following the route the chemo went in, for anyone else suffering with this apparently massage, stretching and moisturising all help along with keeping the arm warm, hope it clears up by my next round - my nurse told me to keep that vein good for her, I'll be in trouble!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, still no foal, she must have swallowed a space hopper, or if its wind god help Droitwich when she farts.

I have finished the dompreidone and have been given a packet of Metpclopramide as a back up, I have taken those today and the sickness has held off. I guess I better had keep taking them.

I have had the final steriod today - what happens tomorrow please, I have been really tired today. The omneprezole has worked and the lactolose has also made life a little more comfortable. I am drinking well but cannot eat.
Dodo14

Hi all, had a lovely day today in the garden. Small BBQ with friends and other visitors too. Sunshine but not too hot. And no SE!!
Hang in there all you lovely ladies who are suffering right now - as the 3 weeks progresses it does improve.
Good luck with the foal Ann. LS glad to hear you are out of hosoital - hope they have sorted you out once and for all.
Jo
x
nanniereeree

Ann, after next chemo take domperidone regularly for four days whatever, make sure you get them lol xxxx
Marie
Penny47

Karen- Thanks for reminding me why we don't have a cat flap. Except we don't have a dog either. Just other people's dogs coming and barking outside our front door from time to time (they know how to spot a soft touch) I think you were very lucky in your "finder".
Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya ladies
Still on mobile - glad I'm making you laugh with the silly things this phone is doing .
Feeling fine apart from hair just dropping all over the bed the floor etc / felt awful for cleaner! Cant use clippers at the moment for risk of infection urghhh
Still waiting of blood results to see if they improved but there is nothing I can do apparently to help it just wait!
This will make you laugh - had a phone call last night from a guy who just said "it's about your dog" ok what about her? Well she's on little bishon Frisch/llhasa apso (Jessie) and she escaped out the cat flap and went looking for me, she did this previously when first got her but she's been ok for about a year! We are picturing the 2 cats pushing her bum through the cat flap! Shes fine I've had 5 mins in the car park earlier - Houdini! The guy who found her wanted to keep her
Why has littlescoot been in? Hope ok?
Hope everyone is feeling ok today in the sun.
Big hugs to all us lovely ladies, I will read posts better when I'm home
Take care girls
Karen
X
Penny47

Ann just think if she drops it today you could call it Diamond Geezer!
Rachel relieved to hear those SE's are giving you a break. You deserved it!
Karen you used to be able to get Guinness on prescription if you needed Building Up. You ought to talk to them about it if they don't let you out soon! When I did my helpline ward dash my young doctor made me feel quite ill by advising me to have lots of butter and cream on everything...I was still at the carrying a bowl around stage. He should follow his own advice-you could have used one of his legs to pick a lock! Now I am happily tucking into buttery hot rolls etc and oddly enough ! I am back to the same weight as i was at the beginning.
Littlescoot-glad to hear you are out of Stir and hope to hear fromyou soon!

4-legged update: Still not a trace of pong in the guest bedroom which is a good thing as more guests arriving today. Wonder if young George actually ate the lamb chop bones? He seems fine!
Zuzy

Morning all, the sun is shining and the world seems a but brighter today! Hope everyone slept well and enjoys the day. I heard from Littlescoot yesterday and am sure she'll upfdate later but won't mind me telling you that she is finally out of hospital....hopefully for good this time!
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning, thank you Marie. I added the additional sickness pills and this morning feel so much better. Last steriod day today.
Breakfast of a tablespoon of bran flakes has stayed put and is holding onto the pills. I have a slight muscle tremor. I lot 5lbs in weight in 2 days. Got plenty so it won't be missed.
Maybe day 3 for me on each cycle will be the rotten day, at last next time I will know what to expect.

No foal, it was in there the last time we looked. She must have swallowed a space hopper and it is all wind !
Rara

Hello Moonbeams FEC t 2/6 day 3
tired but ok. Not depressed. Not panicky. Phew. Such a difference. Steroids reduced by half as well as chemo by 25% this round.
karen, keep up those posts cos you make me laugh, not at your illness but at your predictive text on mobile. Hope you get sprung on Monday by Marie and penny!
my hair thinned from day 5 of first cycle. Very very thin today......I didn't shave it all off in the end but its about the length of leg hair (Janey!) with bald bits. Tried wiggy on today. It's ok but suspect it will irritate the life out of me so will mainly be wearing hats and scarves. Don't like having a cold head at all! And my son hates looking at me at the moment......so I am covering up!
ann, I have sent you an email.
take care all and let's hope for sunshine again tomorrow.
and Littlescoot to let us know how she is doing
Rachel xx
nanniereeree

Ann did they give you domepridome if so take them as instructed I took them from the time I walked in the door for four days 2 tablets four times a day was my instructions.
Marie
nanniereeree

Ann you will feel rough for a few days but hopefully not as bad tomorrow it's worth it if you think of the other option...
It is for your own good (god I sound like my mum god rest her) we all have to go through it.
sorry if I'm nagging I don't mean it like that I just don't want you to think you can stoop the treatment you have horses that rely on you so just think your ninjas were a bit rough with you and write it all down and tell onc when you have app before next dose....
I hope your mare foals tonight and sending gentle hugs
Mariexxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, I have just got up. What the xxxx have they put in me. Please tell me things improve.

Still no foaly, but I think it may be tonight and I so hope I can get someone to take me to see her if I can feel better than today.
JaneyW

Some good news on a sunny afternoon. My leg hairs have all fallen out! (apart from a strange patch on one knee ...)
Chemo seems a drastic way to achieve smooth hair-free legs, but hey, I'll take the bonuses where I can!

Tiredness has at last lifted - seemed to last much longer after second dose, but maybe I got cocky and did too much.

Enjoy the sun Moonbeams, but don't forget the sun block.

Jane x
rhondacat

Hi Vicki, I'm from January Jems, I have finished Chemo now & survived. I had. Tissue expander in or as you say cricket ball, I called mine a coconut, it was extremely uncomfortable for the whole 6 months, I finally had it removed this week with a gel implant, what a relief this was, so much softer, it was not easy sleeping and was painfully uncomfortable the whole time, but no pain no gain, & I'm extremely happy I went this way, I am still bandaged so haven't had a good look as yet, I also had a breadt lift in my other breast to make it perky & with more symmetry. Wishing you all the best through your chemo journey, some of you have mentioned being worried about nausea, I had none what so ever with 3 FEC & 3 Docetaxel, lots of other SE but no sickness. Hugs to you all Rhonda x
nanniereeree

Ann , just getting out of bed safer chemo was a job had to get up sit on side of bed go to toilet walk downstairs sit down make coffee sit down you get the idea ? Just take it easy and don't do too much till the se go then you will feel so much better xxxxxx
Marie.
Dodo14

FEC-T 2/6 Day 11
Ann - watch your temperature. I have been told to contact hospital if falls below 36. All symptoms are in the "normal" list - it affects everyone differently. Just take advice when needed.
Karen - my hair started coming out on day 14 cycle 1 - thinned out at first but for past week have had to cover up as lots of bald patches. Like Zuzy some are hanging in there and my eyebrows and eyelashes so far unchanged. have had a few outings with wigfield now but very consciuous that people will know.
Guest user
Not applicable

Lol - just read my post, predictive text is ace, no drink I promise!!!
Think going to take control and shave it if they will let me in hospital! No wig but have a scarf!
Catch ye all later
Karen
X
Zuzy

Karen, mine starte coming out a bit day 14 and then lots day 16 which is when I got rid of it, it is still shedding now, I have lots of completely bald patches and some bits that are still clingoing on! Xx
Zuzy

Ann, there is no right and wrong, we all react differently, as long as you can keep tablets down you should be ok but if you are worried ring your team for advice. Hope the foal arrives today xx
Guest user
Not applicable

FEC ist session day 3.
Good morning, I spoke too soon about feeling good yesterday after getting the indigestion a bit more under ontrol.
Slept a bit better but 4am I was vomiting like a dog, pouring sweat, shaking and no feelings in my fingers, temp at 35.2, almost passed out in the bathroom with constipation. Temp back to my normal 36.2 now and have kept morning pills down. Sick bands on too.
Walked to the dustbin and back, all of 30 yards and had to sit down, surely this cannot be right this early on ?

No foal, but mare running milk so not long now and something for me to look forward to.
nanniereeree

Karen, if I didn't know better i would think you where drunk lol. That's about the time mine started coming out in handfuls just grin and bare it lol ..
Sendings hugs and still grave sheet knotting skills xxx
Marie
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning moonies
On mobile do sorry for silly words!
Im so touched by your well wishes and giggled about the escape using knotted bed sheets and the offer ofsubbed bed was lovely I love cats so they can join me for a snooze!
They decided that I'm in over the weekend until WBC goes up, it's currently 0.8 so not good, almost zero immunity! Having said that I don't feel too unwell, little side effects but it knocked me for 6 when they told me how critical it can get v quickly, so keep checkingsymptoms and report what you don't feel right or at least seek advice. I see onc next week to discuss it, I just feel typically why does the small percentage always include me, I'm the plus note I do know that the little buggers have equally been blasted into space - so missiles worked!
Im struggling on mobile to see all posts so apologise if I loose the plot and not ask specific questions but generally hope we are all doing as well as we can
I appear to be loosing lot of hair so wondering If this is normal at FECT 1- day 12? Eleanor wigby still not arrived yet so no back up other than scarf, not sure whto do but direalise how Gray and that upsets me too that people will truly know its been a cover up for s while, why am I bothered, just am ;(
Well done to all of us brave moonbeams
Try abd catch you all soon
Hugs and kisses
Karen
Xxx
nanniereeree

Day 9. Cycle 2 EC
Rara it's like you just can't sleep during the day but need to just rest with your eyes shut.. Well that is how I feel.
Today I actually managed to walk round the block it nearly killed me but I did it feel so much better for doing it.
May go to the butchers in the morning on my own in the car (push the boat out hey)
Marie
Rara

Ann you will be so tired after your lack of sleep last night that nothing will stop you sleeping!
i have had a good day, two lie downs of an hour each although more resting of eyelids rather then sleep.
i am so glad the reduction in meds seems to have reduced my depression. Pray it lasts!
Penny I love reading your funny stuff, you are good for the soul
may Moombeams have ALL helped so much thank you,
thinking of Karen in hospital and Littlescoot I hope you are alright
rachel xx
Zuzy

Ann, I take my last one at 6 and haven't been sleeping too badly so hopefully you will be fine!
Dodo14

Sorry Ann I don't know. I always take last steroid at lunch time.
Guest user
Not applicable

That's a relief then. I bought the blackberries, but i have a row of home grown raspberries coming through and a huge patch of strawberries, the cherry tree is loaded this year too. The pea patch is a bit slow. So you had all better come over and bring the cream.

My mare did not foal whilst I was in hospital, my dear friends who have her had asked her to hang on until tomorrow and so far she has. I will be able to go and see her tomorrow. I didn't feel up to driving the 15 miles today. I also need to buy some thank you gifts for them, they are sleeping next to the mare over night now she is on her due date. She probably waited for the warmer days, the weather here has been cold and wet for the last few days. She is not a maiden and she knows not to drop a newborn on a wet day, even though she has a warm straw bed waiting for her.
I took the last steriod at 3pm do you think I will sleep tonight ?
Dodo14

Ann as long as you wash the fruit carefully then eat away - it will help with the indigestion/constipation.
Penny I wish I could nap but I have never been able to so I struggle on until I can't keep my eyes open any more and then go to bed! I do sleep fairly well at night though. I just tend to give up doing anything else and watch a film when I get to the point where I feel I can't do anything more.
Penny47

Karen- we are keeping the shade-loungers warm and cat-free for you when they let you out! Just lie back and try to enjoy the enforced idleness...I noticed when I had my 3 hours in the helpline ward in Cheltenham that they have a little east-facing garden outside the wards there with sunbrollies and stuff. It didn't make me want to stay though! When I was nursing a lot of the older hospitals still had balconies all along the wards outside the windows where you could go and sit in fine weather and get some rays- made it hard for the nurses when Obs rounds came round and no-one was in bed! Apparently they used to push all the patients in beds out there in the olden days and then scrub the ward floors daily. Like I said, that was a long time ago! Sending lots of "bl**dy" marvellous vibes to you in stir.
Ann-Yes fruit! Lots of it! The only problem is finding enough cream for the strawberries which a kind friend has just given us! Oh well I will just have to crack open the crock of vanilla ice cream I've been saving for a special occasion....Has your mare delivered and what did she have and are you pleased?
Namaste and Jo- I joined the People Who Nap club when I went on Letrozole 6 months before chemo. Up to last week I've only had to nap maybe 4 days out of 7, and often after doing heavy work in the garden or round the house. At work I go into the kitchen and pretend to be watching youTube videos on my phone. I can sleep right through them. I reckon if siestas are good enough for the Spanish and Mexicans there can't be a lot wrong with them(the naps I mean!). At the moment it's at least half an hour every day after lunch in the shade or curled up on the sofa indoors on rainy days with a good book. Oddly enough I sleep better at night when I have a short nap.
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Karen, what a bummer. Is this your first round of treatment ? If I end up your position they will have to remove my clothes and lock the door to keep me in.

Rachel - without your support on here and the phone calls I would never have got there.

I feel great as long as i don't rush about too much. I have just been on the farm and found carrying buckets of water and walking over fields a bit tough, got very hot and bothered.

My lovely nurse called me this morning and had a chat which was nice of her. The GP has just delivered omperznole or whatever and Lactolose which he has told me take daily if needed.
I am addicted to fruit, do you all still eat fruit ? I think I might have done something stupid I have eaten a small box of blackberries from Mexico (Sainsbury bought) I did wash them well ? I so hope I have not cocked up.
Rara

Oh Karen, I am sorry to hear you are a prisoner again but am certain they will sort it out for you before next cycle. I will be thinking of you.
fec 2 day 2 and all is well. So much better then last time. I don't feel wretched or depressed today just tired! Whoop. Thanks for all of your support Moonies.
Ann I am so proud of you !

love to all
Rqchel xx
nanniereeree

Hi Karen , sorry you in detention lol, will come with ladders and sheet knotting skills to release you lol.
Perhaps they will give you just EC like I am having ?
sending hugs
Marie
Zuzy

Hi Karen, sorry you're in hospital and hope they let you out soon, there's lots the can do to make it better for next time so am sure they'll sort you out! Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

No they have me on umpteen drips , they have talked about the injection plus blood transfusion of some sort but they will decide after the weekend
Im busy digging my escape lol! Trouble is its not ground floor!
Oh well I'm sure they will sort it but it appears I am too sensitive to FECT do will adjust it or alter it but they assure me it doesn't effect the effectiveness but I just feel I'm now able to give it all I've got, it's not gonna beat me
Hugs to you brabe ladies
Karen
Xxxxx
Dodo14

Karen so sorry to hear that you are not well again. Have you been having the injections to boost wbc? Hope you are out in the sunshine again soon. Jo x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,
Hope all ok?
Well done Ann
Sadly I'm back in hosp with neutropenia? White count too low, went in Wednesday to get checked over trots business lol and they not allowed me out 😞
Ensure you keep close eye on temp and other side effects as apparently it is a serious thing 😞
Im climbing the walls too, sun is out and I'm stuck in but best they keep an eye out. They are now reviewing my next dose, maybe reduce it or give something else, so on the whole I'm feeling quite low today 😞
Take care
Karen
Xxx
artemis17

Hi ladies,
Hope you dont mind the intrusion, Im a June jewel, so not started any treatment since MX/ANC 3 weeks ago, just had bone & Ct scans prior to chemo that should be in the next couple of weeks, BUT wanted to ask if any of you had a tissue expander put in after MX??...
There doesnt seem to be anyone in the Jewels who has, and i just wanted some insight, so thought i'd go back one month at a time to see if anyone else had a similar skin saving MX so i could find out how theyve found having a cricket ball attached to them lol.
Anyway, thanks for the time and hope you are all coping with the chemo SE's fiarly well.
Take care
Vicki xx
Dodo14

FEC-T 2/6 Day 10.
Glad I am not the only one who has an afternoon crash Namaste - there is a point when it just seems to kick in and I can't do much more.
Rachel hope you are feeling better today.
Ann - I symathise entirely with the indigestion - that has been the worst part for me so far. I am just eating small and often and drinkiing lots. It tends to clear up a few days after you stop taking the anti-sickness meds in my case.
Has anyone heard from LittleScoot - I really hope you are ok LS. x
namaste

Morning everyone 🙂
Pacletaxol - 2/12 - day 4
Getting used to the way the cycle flows and managing to get stuff done. Last week I seemed to be just waiting for SE's, this week I'm just going with the flow. Steriods keep me awake a lot but none tomorrow so there'll be a crash but I know it's doable. Seem to have developed a lovely blotchy rash across my chest this week but apparantly that's a known SE..... as there could be some sun this weekend it'll look like a bit of sunburn! Hair still intact but expecting something to happen when the steroids are finished this time. If not this week then next week for sure.
Well done Anne.... the first is the worst in many ways, at least you know what you're dealing with now and you've done it!!!
Glad I'm not the only one putting on weight... I was hoping to lose some. I think it's more the inactivity rather than the steroids. I usually do a physical job and walk miles every day. I still go for a walk but an hour a day just isn't enough to keep the blubber off! I guess there's worse things than being a few extra pounds tho eh?
My mission for today is to clean the bathroom before the afternoon crash.. wish me luck xx
marleypop

Thanks Penny,
You've got to laugh really, dementia is a blessing in some ways....she doesn't really know who I am at the moment, odds are though she'll recognise me more with a new wig.........always the way x
Penny47

Marleypop- your post made me smile. There is a lot of humour in these wigs, really. I wonder if the folks at work will notice when I turn up in one?
Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning Ladies,
FEC x6 day 2
Welcome to the world of steriods. Slept 3-5am and if this is the case for the next 18 weeks, FEC can go live where the monkey puts his nuts.
I feel ok, seemed to have gained 5lb overnight, assume that is fluid ? Chronic burning acid reflux, gavision did not touch it so will ring hospital later. It has to go, every sentence I speak has burps, bubbles and rumbles in. Face like a balloon and hot but temp 36. Drinking ok but not seeming to pee much. Food is a problem. Breathlessness and chest pain gone,
The first steriod is going now and the other 2 being brought right forward in the hope tonight is better.
xx
marleypop

Been a while since I've dropped in, had a read through and had a bit of a catch up.
The OH's parents have been staying for the last few days, been a good distraction from thinking about BC. Looks like your all progressing well. It's been over a week now and I have lots of the classic side effects.
Runny nose and sore eyes
ZzzZzz......tiredness
Sore throat, teeth and gums....but hey I'm coping
Have had both my CT scan and Bone scan (where I could of easily drifted off), results Monday, so fingers crossed.
Ordering up the wig at the weekend, got to keep it similar as my mum is very ill with dementia, doesn't know about my BC let alone not know who I am when I lose my hair. Thankfully her eye sight is rubbish.
T x x x
Guest user
Not applicable

Aly, have an open mind regarding the cold cap. I had convinced myself I could do it, after all I have been splattered from here to kingdom come off horses and had some very painful injuries, therefore I can cope with pain can't I.

The cold cap is in a different league of pain and I was really shocked to find I could not stick it, especially as I had told myself I would be fine and my hair would hang on to a certain extent. I am now disappointed with myself.
barbara2013

Well done Ann- what a relief once the first is done! Hope you're ok Rachel- love to all undergoing this.
Aly1971

Ann I'm so proud of you!! Been thinking of you all day so glad you got through it. On the food front I find savoury/salty is my saviour especially oat cakes and hula hoops. I too have been burping for Britain but it really does help to drink fizzy rather than flat even though it makes it worse. I've developed a taste for 7-up and sprite.
on the vein front basically the area where the cannula was was bruised for a couple of days and that's now moving up the arm following the direction of the vein. Very weird I blame the red stuff.
The scarf workshop was fun and I ended up with 3 which I rather love and will probably wear even if the ColdCap works. Also tried on one of my 2 wigs which looked fab and calmed me down about the reality of losing my hair.
Penny - how fab to have a positive side effect long may it continue.

take card moonbeams wishing you all a restful and SE free evening.

xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

That did it, I read all those lovely comments and burst into tears !! I have spoken to the hospital and I can have a good gulp of gaviscon, that has just dampened the fire down. Half a pint of spring fizzy water and the burping has reached a scale a hairy arsed builder would be proud of - but it does not hurt as much and feels like some much needed release of wind is happening. God help us all if the direction turns to the south.

Breathing is easing a little now and I am feeling hungry but not sure what to try if anything.
Penny47

Rachel- I have to take amitriptilline for IBS when it gets bad (which is incidently not now!) (incase you were wondering!) and every time I do I wonder why I didn't take it before as it improves my sleep no end. And I feel better in myself all day long and start sorting things out for myself and others which I tend to just let slide when I am feeling physically weak. I'm not someone with chronic depression but I do get depressed and I reckon we need every little bit of help we can get. Depression is commoner than the common cold. And among cancer patients? Must be pretty high. Froot loop? Whoaa...you should see some of the people I work with, mental Health Professionals all of them and you could base a comedy series on any one of them.
Ann- I have been praying for you loads and I have to say that you take the biscuit for bravery in my book- you have exceeded my expectations. Which by the way were pretty high!
FEC 1 DAY 9
All of you: I have an unexpected SE to report- my aches and pains have gone! Is it the steroids? The increased hours of sleep? The action of FEC on my auto-immune reaction underlying OA? Or just that I've been off Letrozole for a week and a half? Who knows? Who cares? !! Having said all this I do have other aches and pains mostly to do with indigestion SEs.
Another SE: funny knobbly skin condition on my face and it feels like I have it on my upper gums. When I was watching Springwatch the other night I enjoyed the film about the female Toads striding through the forests to mate- their skin is exactly how my skin looks. They secrete a poison if you handle them. Wonder if there was any of that toad poison in the FEC?
nanniereeree

Ann, well done 1 down.... Don't worry about weight or anything get through fighting this first then when you have the rest of your life to look forward to worry about the weight that's my plan anyway.....
I also had a warm face like windburn also the burping headache breathless and light headedness.
You should be proud.. You've done it..
Sending big gentle hugs xxxx
Marie