1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

Lola65

Re: May Moonbeams

Penny, I agree, he has a great sense of humour!!!

No side effects at all from the Neulasta. My ONC told me to take a course of paracetamols starting immediately after the Neulasta jab for 3 days, then stop. Take 2 x 500mg tablets evey few hours up to the maximum daily dose, but only for 3 days. This builds up a good amount of painkiller in your system before the bone pains are due to start and is a preventative action. All I can say is I have done this on each occasion and have had no bone pain whatsoever. Remember to take your temp before taking the tablets though.

Good luck, better than cornflakes anyway! Linda xxx
Penny47

Linda: That proves it- my ONC has a sense of humour! BTW are you getting SE's from the Neulasta? I have a sneaky feeling this is where I'm headed. Off to lie down in a darkened room now. xx
Lola65

Hope you don't mind me popping in from the Valentines, but had a real belly laugh over the conflakes! I am 65 years old and have had a bowl of cornflakes evey morning since I had teeth. I used to have full cream milk on them but changed over to semi skimmed ages ago. Love them. However, on my first chemo cycle I got neutropenia, hospitalised for 3 nights, neuts down to 0.1. So 60 odd years of eating them daily didn't help my immune system!
I don't think anything can except the blood boosting jabs or we would be told before we start. I was put on the single once a cycle jab (Neulasta) for all subsequent cycles and have been fine ever since. On cycle 5 now. Hoping the jab continues to work for me!

Linda xxx
Zuzy

Barbara, I didn't really gain any weight on tamoxifen, put a stone on after my operations but think that was eating cake and lack of exercise! Am a bit worried about losing it when I go back on the tamoxifen though.......
Dodo14

Congrats Jane - sorry for the premature congrats Marie. Reread entry tomorrow. x
barbara2013

Congratulations Jane- first past the post! Go Marie! And well done Jo on first T! This all means progress, Moonbeams!
Zuzy- did the tamoxifen bring immediate weight gain?
Penny47

Artemis- there's a thread or two on nails and chemo. I just bumped one up for the July Junkies.
nanniereeree

Hi ladies,
just got to get my cocktail over tomorrow but I will still be here for you all I'm a may moonbeam through and through xxxx
Marie
Penny47

Jane- glad to hear from you. Thanks for the tip on Control Panels: Visualisation really helped me with the first two cycles. So now I will add the immune system to my list of targets. Pump up the volume...
Corn flakes....when I found out I had osteopoenia I was staggered as I thought I was already on a high calcium high Vitamin D diet. When I asked various professionals they all said- breakfast cereals. And they didn't mean the wholegrain stuff I eat. When I looked at the small print on the boxes I could see why- all that artificial stuff they add to compensate for what they take out build up to about 1/4 of your calcium RDA. Massive. BTW watch those calcium tablets if they are the ones you chew, they gave me a blocked gut. Keep taking the bottled water and Movicol when necessary.
Nursery food/comfort food deserves a thread of its very own. Shall I? Shall I really?
JaneyW

Well, last dose of cocktail in, and starting its work. Certainly feeling its presence already. I got my Arimidex today, with calcium and vitamin D as side orders as it causes bone loss. The onc said they tend to use this over Tamoxifen for the post-menopausal ladies. They also said I could continue the steroids at half dose for one day as I told them I'd had a bad steroid slump last time. Might be worth asking about that for the others of you who had the same.

I know this may sound a bit hippy (and I'm seriously not hippy, believe me) but when I had hypnotherapy for my blood test fainting trick before chemo started, she said that if you get really relaxed (sort of meditation state) you can concentrate on encouraging your body to raise its immune level. She told me to imagine a control panel (can be computer panel, old-fashioned wheels or dials) and see yourself cranking them up. And there is apparently science to prove this, but I've not checked. But for me, this worked, and worked well. Hey, it's got to be worth a try Moonbeams. No side effects and no need to buy cornflakes. Cornflakes? Seriously??

Nursery food suggestions will be coming in the next couple of days no doubt! Where's Mary Poppins when you need her?

Hugs to you all
Jane x
Penny47

Barbara yes I think it's ONC humour. Just not taking any chances. Yes, I've got Redi-brek in the cupboard- it helped me get through days 1-3 both times, and half the winter too! That glowing face was an interesting side-effect and I will never know whether it was FEC or Redi-brek that did it! I do draw the line at Angel Delight, though- it would have to be the Miracle Cure for Cancer that would motivate me to take it up again! I recently found an old black and white family photo taken by my Dad of us lot including 3 year old me at tea. We are each sitting in front of 2 tiny bowls of "Ready Maid"- American blancmange - in at least three different flavours (or flavors as this was when we were living in New York). Yech!
Rara

hiladies hi ladies,
thanks for information on levels.
well done Jo for today and hope you continue to be well.
Penny, I hope you improve soon.glad your wig is being looked after well!
Artemis, the black polish for nails is because the t part of Fec t can ruin nails and make them go black so keeping them healthy with one cube of jelly and paintinbalclack is the recommended thing. Can't remember where I was told this as have chemo brain today and havin g trouble thinking!
marie, my iPad is doing the predictive text thing which is so irritating! Still love it though so will forgive it.

take care everyone x
Zuzy

Well done Dodo, she said they were giving me 9 because they've been consistently low, apparently 7 is normal. I'm just painting my nails dark brown in preparation for tomorrow.....
marie, I had 5 months of tamoxifen befowe chemo and honestly it wasn't that bad, a bit of joint ache and some hot flushes at night (just like chemo really!) but nothing that wasn't manageable. I have a cool pad from amazon by the bed which I ussoot cool myself down when hot at night (it was about £9, the cheap version of chillow) good luck tomorrow xx
Dodo14

Congrats Marie - well done for getting through it.
Artemis - something in the drug can react with light and cause discolouration of nails so they recommend blocking the light out with darkpolish. Good luck with the rest of your treatments.
nanniereeree

Bloody iPad makes you look like a pleb
nanniereeree

Hi ades been for last appt at onc just have to go back after rads I think? She also gave me my script for the dreaded tamoxifen so I have those now 🙂
marie
artemis17

Hi guys, June Jewel here,
Sorry if its already been explained but may i ask why the dark nail polish for the "T" part of the cocktail?. I know jellys meant to be good for strenthening nails and no excuse needed lol. Im 8 days post 1 cycle (6xFEC-T) so hopefully have time to consume my body weight in jelly cubes...

Anyway thanks for any info.
xx
Dodo14

FEC T 4/6 Day 1 - Hi guys. Just back from my first tax treatment. All ok so far but erarly days. Did have cannula problems and had to get onc permission to use the affected side as a one off. Willhave a port next time so no more worries. One good thing is no omdanestron this time which is what caused the indigestion so that may improve - yippee!
Jelly has been eaten daily since Saturday, evonail came yestreday and is use and dark blue nails in place. Can't believe I am going to have to paint my nails evry day though...
I have still only been given 7 days of injections Zuzy - perhaps because my bloods have been ok so far?
Come on guys - cornfalkes are not gping to raise your neut levels but onc humour? Have they got one???
barbara2013

Penny-Why cornflakes? Or is this oncologist humour? Haven't eaten for years but my son likes them so I will try some of his tomorrow! Perhaps the medics are in tune with our food nostalgia- it will be Ready Brek and Angel Delight next. Not in the same bowl necessarily. Bring Up the Bodies is fab as was Wolf Hall- I wish Hilary Mantel had managed to finish the trilogy for this summer- perhaps we should put in a special plea to her publisher on behalf of 'chemo stranded sofa whales'.
Penny47

Karen, Barbara and Rachel: it was neutrophiles- my score is .7 and i need to be 1 or above! I was 2 point something on day 3 of cycle 1, so clearly the horrid FEC is doing its stuff. I just feel as if I am very anaemic. Temp dead level at 36.4-.6. Get puffed doing simple chores and bruise even easier. When I asked the ONC what to do to get the blood count back up he just laughed and said "Eat lots of Corn Flakes!" I am sure he was pulling my leg but just in case, I obediently sprinkled some on my muesli this morning. (Euw!) think a regime of rest and recovery should do the trick. I'll take a short walk this afternoon and try to build back up to a mile by next Tues.

The Wiglet has arrived at Cheltenham Onc having probably rambled down the A38; they are looking after it for me at Focus. If it doesn't escape I will pick it up next Wed.

I have managed not to have any car accidents today, mainly because I have been on the sofa all morning. Waiting for the Reg Plate to fall off. Assembling all the paperwork you have to show to get new plates is my job for tomorrow-or next week maybe. Meanwhile I'm sure if we stick it up with art film it will last long enough to get us to tescos. The experience was a laugh, and it was great to be able to introduce the two littlies to real police people. They've gone now- the grandchildren not the Police,except they left last night!

Good luck to all Level 42 and other levels.
Zuzy

Rachel, it's the white blood cells, linked to neutrophil, my hospital won't do chemo if count is less than 1.5 because it will reduce them to a level that is too risky. I was told nothing i could do, they gave me the injections the day before the last 2 times when they were low and also boosters in the week after chemo, I've not had a delay yet...... Apparently tax is even worse on the blood count though so have 9 days of injections after the next one, not looking forward to that!
Dodo and Janey hope all goes ok today
xxx
barbara2013

Best of luck today Jo and to Marie and Janey for tomorrow. Penny- sorry to hear you are feeling rough and disappointed at your delay. I am half dreading FEC this Friday but also dreading being told I can't have it! Like you Karen I was told it was white blood count that mattered- my Onc said they were less bothered by neutrophil count which is part of wbc. He also confirmed nothing to worry about with a delay, but of course it is unsettling for us patients. Penny I have also felt depressed for the past couple of days- been a bit hard for my husband I think (and me of course!) and I am having a counselling session this afternoon- so far have not wanted to take anti-depressants altho I can see that might be sensible.... Boredom and anxiety not a good combination-really want to get out more. I was always popping up to London on the train but haven't done so since dx- wondering when I can start booking theatre tickets again!
Guest user
Not applicable

hi Rachel
for me it was was the white cell count of which I am told the neutrofil is part of, not sure there is anything you can do or eat to raise them unless anyone else knows (I asked if there was anything when i was in hospital that could help and they said not), for me it was the injection that did the trick, as for red blood cells I dont know, anyone else know??
there is a min level on both white and red count that they will delay chemo by a week, I personally only felt ok for one week, so not much different to the 3 weekly thing, I didnt really get 2 weeks rest, shame really, but I was more bothered about if i would effect the outcome and they said no
feet up and rest ladies
Karenx
Rara

Hi ladies
Penny and Marleypop, can I ask what aspect of bloods it is that effects next chemo going ahead? I feel a fool for not knowing this....is it the neurophil levels or red blood cells count? And also, what is recommended to get these bloods to the right levels?
Jo I am still wishing you all the best for T at the bar
Rachel x
marleypop

Penny, I'm with you. . . Bloods came back.....where I've so poorly been delayed chemo till next week.
Secretly pleased, feel like it's a holiday. . .feel good break from chemo.
So I definitely going to enjoy x x
Guest user
Not applicable

urgh - I typed a really long reply and it just went !!! so annoying

ermm what did I type?
well....well done to all those onto the next chaper and for wonderful reduction in size of lump
I wrote little bits for you all and cant remember what I put, that plus pc not playing today so unhappy bunny now
Penny - welcome to the delayed cocktail bar world, my last fec is next Tuesday, although the extra week was needed, I didnt realise just how poorly I had been until I started to come round a bit, the extra week was needed, Your poor car, glad youre ok
Aly - make sure you rest at the end of the week, what a busy bee you are, I sympathise with the vein pain, I am suffering even as I type but have refused the picc line today with onc on basis that only 1 more fec and then see how it goes, I am just using voltoral and painkillers and massaging it and it seems to be ok, they didnt push me and understood my reasons
Jo - good luck

ermm I am finding it hard to keep track of everyone
well done for those on the final chemo this week, partyyyyyy
well arm is giving me some grief so apologies for not listing everyone tonight, I will try better in the morning
take care ladies and huge cyber moonbeam hugs xx
Karen
x
Penny47

Arrggh! I have just fallen off my perch! My bloods weren't up to scratch so I have been banned from the Bar this week and have to wait til next week. Which means (at least) that I will have two "good" weeks, not one. And Karen we will be more or less even- nice to have company (!!??) now that I'm missing Janey and Marie's last session. Actually for a "good" week this one has been not so great. Really feeling run-down, tired, and miserable-and the vein pain doesn't help. Great to have two of the grandchildren here staying with us; grandson (4) has just had his tonsils removed and has to stay away from germy people too! So we are good company for each other!

Jo- your class! how adorable. I hope my MD gets to work at a school as nice as yours- she's doing Teach First in East London. Good luck tomorrow. Last vein episode for a while!

Aly- you are dead right, finishing FEC will seem like turning a page in this Cancer saga!

Had to laugh- as I was emerging from the car park at the surgery having collected my sick note (yes, I am now officially On the Panel) another car actually reversed into me and then drove off without so much as a by your leave. Also they were driving out in front of another car stupidly trying to overtake us both. What is it about car parks that brings out the worst in people? Maybe they were both ill? Anyhow I reported it to the police as there is now a big crack in my reg plate, and they found the driver and turns out she wasnot under the influence as I feared, just didn't feel a thing! She was relying on her reversing sensors....a lesson for all of us! (I don't use sensors, I use my OH! Lol!)
Dodo14

Zuzy - so jealous you managed to get away - hope to do so too in cycle 5 good week. Great news about bloods - all the best for Thurs.
Also good luckto Marie and Janey (yeh last one) and Penny for this week and anyone else (Barbara?) hitting the cocktail bar. February Valentines call reaching the end getting to the car park.
Went to see my class this afternoon. It was lovely - a room full of beaming smiles and lots of love. Was given my class photo and a beautiful plate decorated with fingerprints turned into insects and flowers and all the children's names on it. Also a dvd of the assembly I missed on Friday. Aaaww. Also my window cleaner knocked tonight to find out how yesterday went and he said I had made his day. People are so sweet.
All set for tomorrow. Last cannula - port being fitted on 17th after heart scan on 13th. Have a good day tomorrow. x
nanniereeree

Zuzy I'm Thursday too onc tomorrow to make sure I'm ok lol never been that in my life xxxx
Marie
Zuzy

Morning moonbeams, hope you are all well, we had a lovely weekend away in sunny Devon, managed 2 full days out and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and almost almost most forgot about cancer, think it did me good because at hospital today for pre-chemo checks and bloods are ok for the first time, yeah! means i don't have the stress of waiting to find out if going ahead on Thursday, coupled with the lorazepam hopefully means will all be less stressful than last time.
Good look tomorrow Dodo, Janey and Marie, I'm now Thursday rather than weds so won't be within you this time!
Xxxx
Aly1971

FEC-T 2/6 Day 15
Morning all,

Making the most of my good week and seem to have quite a bit planned now - reflexology yesterday, physio today, afternoon tea with an old friend tomorrow and then Thursday is very full - sports day, bloods, cat grooming & onc appt - may need a rest on Friday!!!

Funnily enough at the moment I am keen to get last FEC over and on with TAX I think its because I hate the red stuff so much and what its doing to my viens, I'm almost looking at the 2 different drug regimes as different part of the treatment so will feel like I've got part one ticked off on Monday 🙂

I didn't have any option on having an MX as I had 2 sizable lumps in opposite 'quadrants' so no chance to save the boob - was glad to have the decision taken away from me but have to say I am very happy to have had it and don't miss my boob. I was told from the beginning I would definitely have RADS (3/20 nodes involved) I think this is partly to do with my age also.

Jo - good luck for tomorrow - will be thinking of you embarking on a new part of the journey, what a fantastic reduction, - same goes for everyone else ticking of number 4 this week - Jane & Marie (last one whoop!!), Penny I think you're also up for number 3? Lexi? Zuzi? Jill? Sure I've missed some.

Linda - thanks so much for your advice on TAX - really helpful.

Namaste - good to have you back, I can imagine it must be really hard having treatment every week - I guess the up side it you are over half way now and in 6 weeks this bit will be over (whoop!!) but I really feel for you and totally understand your worries. As everyone else says we have to put our trust in our medical team - there was a lovely post on the young womens facebook page yesterday, someone had met 2 ladies both 20 years on from treatment and still going strong (one of them had also had treatment for secondaries but that was over 10 years ago) - gives us all hope and treatment has moved on considerably in the last 20 years 🙂

Have a good day everyone. Sending you moonbeam love and thinking of you all.

Aly xxx
Penny47

Janey- Someone should start a thread about childhood delicacies as comfort food after Chemo.
Penny47

Jo I am SO happy for you- this gives me hope too! Even though I have a hugely larger tumour to start with- a 60% reduction would put me back to where I was when I had dx! But anything would be a help. Someone reminded me that when you have severe pain it makes sense to "stagger" paracetamol and anti-inflammatories, so I would take Anti-Inflammatories after a meal and paracetamol after 2 hours if I need to. It gives me hope when I do this. Also since paracetamol is worse for our liver it gives us a chance to pass it up if coping on the NSAIDS. Yes, have a good time on Wednesday and an easy ride hopefully. I'll be thinking of you when they are shooting me up on Wed.

Namaste- welcome back, I hope you are still reading! I wish I could find a cream which would sort out my cuticles- they've been so hard they actually ladder tights! My reading so far has been away from Cancer which is odd because when I was working with cancer patients I was reading everything I could! At the moment i am reading Bring Up The Bodies (which is not as gory as it sounds!) which is a long long book and I reckon I have time to finish it! After than maybe I'll try War and Peace again!!! Also my CS told me it's not just the size of the boobs but the position of the tumour which decides lumpectomy v mx. Apparently we older ladies sometimes lack tissue in the crucial places!
Dodo14

Thanks guys - have worked out this morning this is a 66% reduction - WOW! Def should be able to talk about a WLE rather than a MX now. But that will mean rads... Checked out about rads with mx and it is hospital policy to do rads only if 4+ lymph nodes affected with mx.
Day 1 of Docataxel tomorrow...
barbara2013

Really good news Jo- you must feel relieved.
Namaste- we all understand the paranoia I think; really identify with your fears for other breast, diagnosis, future etc - we have to trust the medics tho- they want the best for you too.
Janey- good to be near the finishing line on chemo! You must keep us informed on the rads and the tamoxifen too- like you I have heard about the weight gain.. but some argue that it is more due to menopause and lifestyle changes... hope so.
marleypop

Namaste good to see you back my triple negative friend....
Gosh you have been busy, everything came be hard going sometimes, the book is pretty good. Some true stories from various different ladies and their life stories and how they deal with triple negative. Plus there are loads of links and info, really helpful. I sorry that you have found another lump, I totally understand how having TNBC your mind makes everything seem so much worse. But I will say those ever faithful words. . .try not to worry x
Jo what great news. . . . .really pleased for you....yay!
Teresa x
Dodo14

Thanks for the advice Linda - will stock up on paracetamol and immodium ready for Wednesday.
After a very boring 2 hour wait for blood tests today I got the great news that my lump has shrunk from 27x20mm to 19x10mm. Really pleased with this news and all ok to proceed on Wednesday with my first T treatment. 🙂 Thanks for all your kind thoughts. x
Lola65

Good Morning Moonbeams,

Just popped over from the Valentines as many of you seem to be changing over to Tax. I have been on Tax since the beginning - 6 cycles of Docetaxel and Carboplatin with Herceptin. (TCH). I am due to have number 5 tomorrow. I haven't had any FEC so can't compare it. All I can say is that I have tolerated the tax very well. The main problems with it are bone pain and diarrhoea. You are unlikely to feel or be sick (phew!!) and therefore unlikely to need any anti-sickness meds other than the one they may give you by injection at the same time as chemo. This means you are less likely to have constipation. (phew again!).
Make sure you stock up on Imodiums.

As for bone pain, my oncologist told me to take a course of Paracetamols starting the afternoon after chemo. Take 2 x 500mg tablets every few hours for 3 days, then stop. I tend to take the tablets 3 times a day evenly spaced. This has worked for me. I haven't had any bone pain, and haven't needed any further Paracetamols or Ibuprofens. Remember, however, to take your temp before taking the tablets.

Before I started chemo I clippered my hair to a number 1 cut, and apart from a few bald patches I haven't lost much more. My hair started to shed after cycle 2 but then started to grow again, and so far I haven't lost much more, although it is thin with a lot of scalp showing between each hair, if you see what I mean.

Nails - I use a good quality strengthener as a base coat followed by 2 coats of black varnish, then a top coat. A couple of nails have peeled from the top downwards, just the tips really, so I use a Jessica Critical Treatment that helps bond peeled nails and help stops them peeling more. So far so good. My nails are quite long and my pride and joy, so I am hoping I am over the worst with them, although some ladies have lost nails weeks after finishing.

Fatigue is a problem and it is cumulative. Mine gets worse with each cycle. Lack of energy, lack of motivation, heavy legs.

My personal side effects are diarrhoea almost from the beginning for a week (which wipes me out but is controlled with Imodium), fatigue and shortness of breath (but not gasping for breath), numbness in finger tips, dry mouth, taste buds knackered in middle week. From about day 11 onwards I feel almost normal apart from the fatigue.

I hope some of this helps. I think so far I have been lucky. Best of luck, Linda xxx
namaste

Morning all
Pacletaxol 6/12 day 7
Been absent for a while, no particular reason just finding everything hard going really 😞 Glad to see everyone managing and some nearly at the end!
Thanks for the book recommendation Teresa, I'll be getting that I think. Another book I've found really helpful is the one by Dr David Servan-Schreiber, Anti cancer, a new way of life. It's about making your body/mind as strong and as resilient as they can be for treatment and to give yourself the best chance of not having the cancer return. It makes me feel as though I have some sort of control back. Whether it works or not, who knows?
Anyway, tomorrow is number 7 of my weekly sessions. They're going ok, manageable... I've just started steroid moonface though which isn't nice. My cuticles are hard and dry despite working stuff into them several times a day. Mostly things are ok though. My gp gave me a prescription for everything I asked for which was good so I've stocked up on diprobase, corsodyl, dry mouth stuff, indigestion liquid etc withouth breaking the bank. Free prescriptions for 5 years feels like a bit of a bonus prize 🙂
I don't know yet if I'll be having mx or not, if the tumour shrinks enough I'll be able to have a lumpectomy but I do have very small boobs .... I also don't know if I'll be having more chemo after the op or just RT. It's the uncertainty that's getting to me I think.
Also, when they found the tumour, they also found another lump in the other breast which they say is a fibrowatsit. Now I'm fretting that they could be wrong, or the fibro could be hiding something and the fact they're leaving it alone could be a bad thing. Am I being paranoid? I think with triple negative anything's possible.... worry, worry, fret, fret... aaargggh
xxx
Rara

Jo, I try to cling on to the info from the lady I met who had had the t part and said her hair regrew during it and that it was better then the Fec part In all ways. I have everything crossed for you and am wishing you good luck for today's bloods and shrinkage as well as for .wednesday.
Jane, I have sore eyes from constant retrieval of lashes!
i am going to query return to work date when i see onc on 9th .
Have a good day everyone and especially Jo
xx
Dodo14

Sorry Teresa - Yes have to take 4 steroids 2 x from tomorrow. x
Dodo14

Teresa - Weds is T day! Can't believe I have started to regrow some fuzz and now will lose it all agan. 😞 Have you been adviised to paint your nails in dark polish whilst on T to help reduce the damage? Also eating a cube of jelly each day as suggested by Rachel and ordered the expensive nail stuff suggested by Aly. Trying to do my best to keep my nails.
Onc and bloods this afternoon. Fingers crossed for some good shrinkage news. Aaw my window cleaner just knocked and wished me luck and asked if he could come tomorrow and find out how I got on today - so sweet.
JaneyW

I'm joining the eyelash/eyebrow droppers now. But why do they all drop into my eyes, not drop out? Husband is sympathetic to the frequent trips to the magnifying mirror in the bathroom for retrieval, but it's very annoying.

I'm like Marie, I have my last dose this Wednesday (bloods permitting), then a couple of weeks off before radiotherapy and Herceptin starts. Hoping to get away somewhere it's not raining ... And my last appearance in swimsuit before what everyone says is the inevitable ballooning on the anti-oestrogens. For five years. Or ten if the latest research results get into practice... What the hell, I'll be alive and well to be able to moan about it!! That's the really good news.

Odd and childish food suggestions due later this week if previous cycles anything to go by!

Jane x
Penny47

Good Morning Moonies quite a lot of posts have gone missing from other threads so it isn't all in our minds!May you enjoy this lovely hazy day and may your posts all be stickies!
marleypop

Jo, what day this week is it you start T ? Did you have steroids to take before hand?
Let me know how it goes, I will thinking of you.
As for hair loss, a girl I work with lost everything...and everything came back.
Only she didn't quite loss her nails, but they went a funny colour. . . They are fine now.....she had FEC T.
So, hopefully hopefully we'll get the same result.
Teresa x
Dodo14

Marie - I am absolutely with you. Have been doing some work from home which helps but I can't wai to get back to my real life.
Teresa - Glad you are feeling better. I am having chemo pre surgery, so is Penny. Can't remember who else sorry.
Barbara - Don't know at this stage if mx or wle (is that right?). Last visit my onc def said if mx no rads. Could be because not in lymph nodes - does seem to contradict the CS and other posts on here though. Will ask again tomorrow.
Rachel - Can't understand your date of 4th April based on your last post. Def query it.
Emma - Glad you have slept well with all that space.
Just been reading Feb Valentines posts to try and see what T SE's are like compared to FEC. Inconclusive - some feel much worse, some doing ok and others say different but not worse or better. One thing seems clear - it gets harder the closer to the end. Think we need to be prepared to do less as time goes on. Pretty nervous about it now I must say but guess will have to see how it goes. Does anyone know if regrowth will fall out again or if it can survive? Also will we def lose our eyelashes and eyebrows - and what about our nails? Will ask tomorrow but if anyone can shed any light...
nanniereeree

The gremlins are about again my last post after dinner has disappeard too.
I have been off work since the 22nd march I had a radical MX with lymph node clearance and it was only on my sentinel node but they took them all because of that. i dont understand why some do that and some do more than one op.
I work for local hospital as a seamstress but have been covering the supervisor as she is now my manager so a lot of my work is computer sorting rotas hols etc so light duties is possible.
I know you have to recover but I'm hoping to be back at work before the end of sept.
I suppose it will depend on the rads but I think I only have three weeks of them which I will not be starting until I ome back from holiday on the 19th August I have appt to see onc radiologist on the 18th July at NNUH as the QEHkings Lynn doesn't do it.
If I have to have more time off I think I will go Barmy I am ready to go back now 🙂
Marie
marleypop

Thank you all for your best wishes, after a day in the garden and some food, I'm feeling a whole lot better. Hooray!!!
I do think this was part of the SE's , not a cold Jo...........gosh I would hate to catch a common cold like that...
Penny...I am offically turning into a health freak, everyberry going, along with books...it becomes an obsession sometimes.
Marie, bet you can't believe it's over on Wednesday, WOW....time has go by for you.
I've been reading through, and I wondered as I can't remember who else is having chemo first before surgery, as I noticed that alot of you have been signed off work already since RADS?
barbara2013

My last post has disappeared- soory for any repetition.
I had an mx and was therefore not expecting to have radio. However I have to now because I only had 4 nodes done and because there was cancer in lymph I have to have all nodes cleared thru radio- couldn't have further surgery there. Was then surprised to be told I needed radio to 4 areas including nodes/axilla because of my cancer being close to skin wall/chest wall I think. So I think generally mx removes need for radio unless there are other factors for you to do with nodes/ reconstruction/ site of cancer etc. I guess you may not need mx at all Jo? Is this what you are hoping for?
Interesting the different views on return to work-recovery after rads!! Makes it very difficult to plan! My Onc and BCN seem to have different views but it's my GP who writes the 'sick notes' for work!
My eyelashes are very thin- brows too- I hope to hang on to something here and had hoped that most hair loss over by now- but still have 3 FEC to go- which is a brute on hair.
Glad you are recovering Emma.
Rara

Evening ladies.
Fec t 3/6 day 11
hmm interesting about timescales ..... I have already had two ops but not an mx so don't know about rt after an mx.
my last chemo is (hopefully) on 21st August, then three weeks recovery, then six weeks radio, then 12 weeks recovery (!) which takes me to .christmas. Then he ( the bc consultant) said " that's if all goes to plan, but we won't be signing you fit for work til April 4th......hmmmmm. I know my job as a TA for special needs teenage girls is physically challenging, but I would have thought I could go back after .christmas? My boss has already said she will do the phased return to work for me plus I will be kept in school as opposed to my uusual duties which are all trips, visits and outings to do with life skills.
By the way, my eyelashes are falling out 😞 which I admit I cried about as was hoping they would last a bit longer!
i hope you have all enjoyed the weekend of sun as much as possible without overdoing it. I enjoyed a bit of gardening, well mainly weeding! My arm won't allow for much use of shears! Well that's my excuse!
love to all and hugs xx