374204posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

Dodo14

Re: May Moonbeams

Can anyone tell me how to upload a photo?  I can't find the link!

Dodo14

We finished in an hour.  It was hard work but we made it.  I pinned my "I raced for the May Moonbeams" tag on the wall at the end.  More fame for a bunch of wonderful ladies.  I will post a picture later.  x

mills1

Yes, good luck Jo xx

barbara2013

Good luck Jo! Let us know how it goes.
Dodo14

Off to do my Race for Life shortly - doing it for Karen and all you guys. x

Penny47

Zuzy I'd love to share a room with you but I would have to wear a carrier bag over my head to minimize the snoring and that would probably be risky!

nanniereeree

She can't get on here for some reason she's looking forward to the meet in sept she said today on Facebook.
Dodo14

Is Rachel ok?  We haven't heard from her for quite a while.  Has anyone spoken to her on Facebook or other?

barbara2013

So pleased for you Jo enjoy the weekend !
mills1

Great news Jo xx

Dodo14

Mammogram and examination all clear.  Ofsted have left and things feel positive.  Now I can breath again...

Zuzy

Thanks for organising Aly
I could really do with saving some money so does anyone want to share on Saturday night?
Xx
Aly1971

I've PM'd all of you with the hotel details - if you haven't recieved a PM let me know and I'll send it through again - also just wanted to say if there's any moonbeams out there who haven't posted for a while it would be SO lovely to see you too so just let me know and I can send you the details / include you in the numbers.

xxxx

Aly1971

Just a quckie - I've finally heard back from the hotel for our meet up so will PM all of you with the details if you could get back to me asap on what room you'd like (they can do single or twin) that would be fab. Have also posted details on FB for those that are on it.

Lots of love.

Aly xxx

PS - Just got back from Glastonbury - one of those things we've always wanted to do and somehow never managed/got round to but with our new found zeal for living life to the max we went ahead and got tickets last year - my mum looked after the kids (at home) and OH and I had the time of our lives 🙂

barbara2013

Good for you Penny ! Thinking of you Jo -hope you can keep Ofsted in proper perspective, one of the few 'gifts' of cancer I guess. Hope mammo all good - did you get the ultrasound as well ?
Dodo14

Fantastic news Penny.

I am having a terrible week - first Ofsted tomorrow followed by Mammogram results on Thursday - my head is spinning....

Penny47

Yeah I can go on eating marmite toast too!

mills1

great news penny xx take care xx

nanniereeree

Woohoo penny...
Penny47

got them finally.  All normal.  Cracked open some non alc to celebrate.

Penny47

I get the results of my last blood test today.  Err...Monday.  They clearly are putting it off so I have to speak to the GP.  I know the first two are ok it's the Uric Acid one that's the problem and so I am enjoying my last few marmite butties for a long time before I hear the news.  This is no way like waiting for BC results. Just annoying.  Talking today with 85 year old colleague who walks everywhere and wishing I were like her...

Have A lovely weekend everyone

Penny47

Jane- No I wonder about Anne.  She went off with the June Jewels and they are now mostly on FB.  I think she lived the closest to me of all of us too.

I love the idea of a sedan chair. Something with a fringe on the top for the hot days maybe.  Of course with an electric option. 

Jo I hope that is the mammo over for 12 months.  I still can't figure out how if we all had chemo at the same time we don't have mammograms at the same time?

I get my last result of the blood test today. 

Dodo14

Yes had my mammogram on Tuesday and have appointment with suregon next Thursday for results and check up.  They will examine me then so hopefully I will get the same answer as Sarah re the pain.  Also had Herceptin 15 today - only 3 more to go...

JaneyW

Thank you all for your kind words - and yes Penny, it was hot! Sorry about your gout, and more sorry about the foods you'll miss. Sarah - great news indeed! Marie, this is all such a long slog for you. It must be so hard for you when we write about getting back to exercise. We'll put you in one of those sedan chairs and take turns to carry you with us!

Jo, have you got your appointment yet?

Does anyone hear of Anne any more?

Jane x

Penny47

Sarah  Great news! 

Jane-I guess you had good weather?  It was great here.  But maybe a little hot for an endurance event! Well done you and for raising our profile again!  We are vicariously all over England it seems.  (and Wales, Tricia!) 

I am being investigated for Gout.  Yes, Gout.  It is a comic diagnosis (and it would be nice to have a diagnosis for my foot apart from general foot rot) but I am not looking forward to giving up beer (non alc), oat porage, Marmite, gravy (!) and pulses which all help to cause it.  (I gave up the port and roast beef years ago!)  I am annoyed because there are some cancer-fighting foods like asparagus on the no-no list.  Hopefully my results will be negative, and I will go back onthe NSAIDs and by next year I'll be leaping over stiles and walking 10 miles.  (or 5 even) Already I have had one result which shows my blood is below normal for plasma- not sure what that means, but it's bound to be chemo-related.  I'll be seeing the doctor next week for an explanation.

mills1

Well what a  relief, doc says he is not concerned.  He couldn't explain why i had the pain but gave me the option of different painkillers. So i feel lighter, if they are not worried then i won't be. He just said keep an eye out for any changes.

Hope you are all well, take care xx

barbara2013

Congratulations to Jane on a great walk and commiserations to Marie- hope your mobility soon improves as it has been a long time.
nanniereeree

Well done Jane what I would give to be able to walk a mile let alone 10 ;(
I have however lost 7lb in the last week most of it fluid thanks to the water tablets the dr gave me my legs feel so much better ;))
Dodo14

Well done Jane.  Erin and I are in training for our Race for Life on 13th July.  I know you will all be running alongside us.  Today we had a lovely bike ride along the river as a family.   Doing positive things is a good way to focus on moving forward.  Hope you are all well and happy. x

mills1

Well done you xxxx how lovely and what an achievment, congratulations xxx

JaneyW

Yesterday I wrote 'May Moonbeams' on a pink ribbon, pinned it to my (shocking/fuchsia pink) tee shirt and walked 10 miles with you all beside me on the Breast Cancer Care Chatsworth walk. You were all a great inspiration, and at the end I tied my ribbon onto a ribbon tunnel with many, many others.

The organisation and volunteers were all wonderful and I had a great day. Emotional, but memorable.

Thanks and hugs to you all, dear friends.

Jane x

Penny47

Oh that's hard. It's a bit like me being kept waiting to go back to my old job because they haven't sorted out my DBS and my Occupational Health assessment because the managers are new and I am not high priority.(Only a bit like it because I am more or less 80% fit; the only disabilities are the invisible ones like exhaustion etc)  Lucky I've got this new job to get on with in the meantime.  Are you allowed to do home work = therapeutic employment? 

nanniereeree

No he said no work he knows I work at the hospital. May be because I asked them to look into why they didn't find the fracture the Friday night they don't want to take a chance on me hurting myself....
Penny47

Marie can't they give you work to finish at home?  You could probably get GP approval to undertake phased return to work and home working can be part of such a plan.  I don't know much about your job but I imagine they could set you up with a machine and some work at home? 

nanniereeree

I suppose I'm lucky now I only have one boob to be mammogramed lol 😉
Had ortho appt yesterday and I've got another 6 weeks:(. I will work this year I'm now on no pay and no ssp as I had 7 months off last year.
Dodo14

Good luck with your appointment Sarah.  I am hoping to see someone about my pain when I go for my mammogram.  I will call the BCN on Monday.  I can only imagine the mammogram itself will be extrememly painful!  As so many of us feel pain there though - I guess it is fairly common and normal?

mills1

Yes i had the herceptin but no blood would come out through the port the nurse said it's either the position of the needle or it's slightly blocked.I have had trouble once before with same nurse! Breast clinic is to see what could be causing pain where i had op. Felt very ill with an upset tummy today and very weepy. This doesn't happen after every herceptin thank goodness. Am now on waiting list to see councellor. take care ladies xxx
Dodo14

What do you mean they couldn't draw blood - through the port?  Did you have the Herceptin ok?  Is your appointment at the breast clinic routine or following something up? x

mills1

Good luck for that then Jo. Just had 11th herceptin and 3 attempts later they couldn't draw blood so they said we will see next time, oh joy. I have my appointment at breast clinic 25th. GULP!!!

enjoy the match xx

Dodo14

Thanks for remembering Sarah - it's more than I did!  I got my dates wrong so my appointment is actually next Tuesday!  x

mills1

Hi ya was wondering how the mammogram went Jo?

Hope you had a good holiday marieX

nanniereeree

Let's hope it is Aldi or Lidl then 🙂
Penny47

Marie: No!  How I wish!  There are planning applications for 3-4 new superstores in Stroud; we've already got Tescos and Sainsburys and Waitrose so one of the new ones has GOT to be Aldi or Lidl!  But the nearest Lidl is Gloucester which is 10 miles or 2 buses (and a longer trip home).  However I can occasionally blag extra soft fruit off friends.  We do live in the country! Most of the neighbours like me grow mainly veg and flowers, however.  I live in hope.

nanniereeree

Penny do you have a aldi near you their fruit is cheap
Penny47

Fab, Aly.  Looking forward.

Another step forward; the last of my chemo toenail growth now clipped off, about ten months after my first tax.  Wow it really did slow down the growth! 

Also learning (as if I didn't know before!) that it really is true that fruit is good for you.  I just wish I could find a cheaper source!

Aly1971

Hi all just waiting to hear back from the hotel - I think we were going for overnight on the Sat for those that can and Sunday lunch for any additionals?

Off the top of my (tamoxifen) head Here's my list:

Zuzy
RaRa
Penny
Marie
Janey
Barbara
Mills (Sarah)
Dodo (Jo)
Patricia

Let me know if there's anyone else I'm writing this on my mobile without my list so there's a good chance I have left people off apologies if I have - any Moonbeams welcome including those we haven't heard from for a while.

I can only make lunch on the Sunday but if anyone's up for staying Sunday night I could do that?

Will PM everyone details once I've heard back.

Aly xxxxx
Penny47

well Jane I think it's Oxford....

But where?

JaneyW

Me too Penny! I'm not sure we actually pinned it down did we?

Penny47

Speaking of September...can someone please PM me about where we are meeting up?  And staying??

Rara

Hello lovely ladies! Good news to hear of holidays coming up and getting closer to our meeting in September.
Yes, I have been down in the dumps, with having the absolute worst ever fears of recurrence since this all started! I am finding full time work absolutely exhausting despite reduced duties (physically). Sleeping is not good either and lots of random stuff such as pains underarm getting worse! Have appointment with GP on Tuesday to review medication. In good news, the anti depressants, citalopram, seem to have reduced hot flushes slightly and relieved constipation as well!!
I was 51 on Wednesday. For my birthday I went for a posh cream tea at the Compleat Angler in Marlow with my parents. We sat on a terrace overlooking the River Thames. It was lovely. So different from last year! So much better! No wig! No chemo side effects!
I am always fascinated by how different our treatments and treatment by healthcare professionals is. So glad everyone is sticking up for themselves!
Hope you are all enjoying the weather. Have a great weekend
Lots of love xx