373796posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

Dodo14

Re: May Moonbeams

Well the port is out.  Hopefully that draws a line under all treatment.  Was relatively quick and painless but I did have to sit around waiting without food all day - didn't get done until 5pm!  Feel ok but tired and stiff.

Good luck for Tuesday Rachel. x

Rara

Hi den , hope your seroma improves. I can't offer any help with it.

Ladies my scan is Tuesday at 4. Will post when home. Am sure will be fine but appreciate your kind words

Xxx

Thanks for reply ,s I am also over 60 nurse and doc reluctant to drain anymore because of infection risk so looks like I will just have to be patient just wish it was,nt as uncomfortable and could see an end thanks once again 😃den
nanniereeree

Den, I also had a lot of fluid drained as I worked at the hospital I just rang and they looked and took it out it feels horrible. But it does get better 🙂
Penny47

Rachel one day in the sun and the bruise disappeared.  We had UV3 here in Cornwall for 3 days running.  Now it's October we are down to UV2 but the sun still feels really strong!

Penny47

Hi Den,  I had mx end of October and the drains came out on day 3 and day 5.  That was a bit too previous for me.  I had two aspirations by BCN with 500ml+ ea ch time so the CS replaced the drain.  This came out after about two weeks.  They really didn't want to leave it in after a week but it was still busily dripping away .  After I had it out I felt I needed aspiration again but the risks of infection were higher than the discomfort so I went with medical advice.  I need to point out I am well over 60 and often bleed and bruise easily.  Also because I had mx after chemo I was still putting away about 3-4 litres of fluids a day. I wondered if it had been a brighter time of year whether I would have had this problem.  Hope this helps.  Good luck with yours.

Hi moonbeams i am fromsept sunbeams just wondered if any of you hadseroma following mastectomy and snb no node involvement i had 400mls drained prior to chemo but now some more build up not sloshing but firm and painful around wound taking painkillers manage excercises although some pull wakes me up oncsays chemo will slow absorbtion down ny tipswouldbegratefully accepted x den
Dodo14

Rachel

Good luck for your ultrasound.  I will be thinking of you - let us know when it is. x

Rara

Ooh good news Jo! Sorry to hear about your bruise Penny but enjoy days away!
I am waiting for an ultrasound on yet another lump found by onc yesterday during check up. Also, bp too low but at least that explains headaches. Have a rotten cold too! But I am alive!!
Love to all xxxx
Penny47

Jo it does seem long if only cos the weather's stuck in the August groove. It seems ages til half term.  Port out=one more step to normality?  Whatever that is??? thinking of you.

Dodo14

Very tired - half way through a long half term.  Port out on Friday - good or bad - I am not sure?

Love to all. x

Penny47

Yes really excited ....going away for a few days to the seaside leaving grumpy cats with the neighbours.  While I was at our meet-up one of them pee-ed over my patchwork project.  Took me ages to rinse it out carefully, Dry it and then iron it.  It looks okay now.  All needlework now safely locked away! This is quite a week.  Managed to hit myself on the lip with a chair while preparing to change a light bulb in the dark.  Luckily the bruise can be concealed by makeup.  I think my body is telling me I need a break. Rest well you guys I will be On the Beach thinking of you.

nanniereeree

I'm good thanks Rachel. Hope you are too xxx
Rara

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well?
Love to you all xx
Penny47

Speaking of sewing, Marie and Jane, I gave my 6 year old grandson a first steps embroidery kit (different patterns on Aida) and he is over the moon, stitching away listening to stories and such.  And his sister (who got a sewing kit from me last year) is now learning crochet.  So I feel content that these old fashioned skills are carrying on.  An antidote to fear about the future!

barbara2013

Back from my mystery trip in Devon, a comfortable beach hut (of course !) and am now wearing Jane's cooling tie. Very helpful as i am sure flushes getting even worse !
Anyway, it was fantastic meeting you all at last, so enjoyed our weekend.
Take care all. Xx
nanniereeree

As if I would say anything I'm too polite lol xxxx
JaneyW

So glad you're finding the cooling necktie helpful Marie. I tried to sew it very neatly for you, knowing that you're a professional!

Jane x

nanniereeree

Janey you are a angel got my cooling tie and am now sitting here with it on its a bloody brilliant thing. Thank you very much xxxx
Rara

Yes will do
nanniereeree

Rara can you pm the twitter thing you were on about please x
Rara

Me either!
nanniereeree

Yes can't wait for the next one xxxx
Rara

It was lovely. You ladies are wonderful x
Penny47

My that was fun!  Let's have another meetup sometime!  Thanks to Aly and Rachel especially but really thanks to all of you for being such lovely Moonbeams!.

Rara

She is going to a wedding but told us to go ahead without her and she will come next time hopefully x
Dodo14

Why is Patricia not coming?

Rara

So excited . Wish Patricia could come.
Xx
nanniereeree

One more sleep ladies getting excited xxxx
Penny47

Thanks Barbara- I bought an open return.  So I can take any train...which will probably turn into a bus at some point.  Have Kindle, will travel...

Starting to get excited now!

barbara2013

Hope your week has improved Penny. I assume mid afternoon time for return ? Will buy my return ticket on the day. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.
Penny47

Snap Rachel.

I'm going to the train station today FINALLY to buy my ticket.  I've had a hellish week and simple things like reading my texts have been a luxury!  Starting to get excited about seeing you all. 

What time on Sunday are we splitting up?

just asking.

not sure which ticket to buy...

Rara

Jo it's so hard to get secondaries out of our heads! My boob still feels weird too. I see onc on 30 sept. Have lots of questions....
I have said that I will do the pick ups from station.
I wish Patricia could come

Xx
Dodo14

All ok at onc today but they are not ready to discharge me.  I need a further ECHO in 2 months and then a follow up appointment in 3 months.  They still want to keep an eye on things for a bit longer...Not sure if that is a good thing or not!

Dodo14

Yes my onc says that too Barbara although I find it hurts most first thing in the morning as I get up - not sure why that would be.  Yes new term starts tomorrow and a class with two thirds boys!  Perhaps that why i don't feel so great....LOL.  Are you going back or have you left now?

barbara2013

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rough, Jo. I do get twinges in surgery side and in remaining breast too, which make me concerned. My BCN was clear that there is a lot of settling down going on still, although I am not sure that explains non - surgery side. Are you about to start a new term - best of luck ! X
Dodo14

Feeling a bit rough this last couple of days.  Generally unwell feeling, nothing specific.  Still getting pain in breast and getting myself a bit worked up again.  There is always that question isn't there?

Zuzy

Dodo, I've booked us pedicures, have sent you an email!

Aly1971

I'd copied Jane's address slightly wrong so have sent it again with (fingers crossed) the correct address - thanks, Aly xx

Dodo14

Jane I sent you an email and it got returned.  You might need to pm your email address for checking. x

JaneyW

Aly, I haven't received an e-mail from you. When did you send it? I'm on my travels again (Uganda this time, a trip that had to be cancelled last summer …) so my pick up of messages takes some detective work!
Dodo14

I can't believe the meet up is finally happening.  I am driving so can also do pick up if needed.  I have emailed my mobile number so just let me know - I won't be there before 3ish though.  Zuzy I might join you for a pedicure if you are ok with that?  Do we need to prebook?

Had my last Herceptin yesterday and hoping to be discharged on Monday when I see the Onc.  Fantastic but also scary.

Just booked a 3 day trip to Barcelona in half term with my daug so got that to look forward to now.  Smiley Happy

Aly1971

Ok I think I've got everyone whose comings email address and have sent you all a message so let me know if you haven't got it.

xxxx
Rara

Brilliant! Thanks Janey! See you at the pick up! Yay xx
JaneyW

I can tell you about parking at Oxford station as I've just done it! Coming in by car you follow signs to pick up and drop off area, and you can park free for 20 mins. You have to get a ticket, but you just press a button - no money needed.

For those arriving by train, come out of the station and turn immediately left. Go up a short slope and you're in the pick up car park. It's really close.

Can't wait to see you all!

Jane X
Zuzy

That train sounds perfect, will email to arrange where to meet xx
barbara2013

Zuzy

I am going via London I think prob 2.10 from Paddington to arrive 3.18 Oxford. We could try to meet if you are thinking of this route- exciting !
Rara

Thanks so much for organising Aly!

Right, I can pick up all who need it from the station on Saturday. I can do more then one trip there. So I will send you all a pm with my mobile number and you can text me what time your train arrives! I will also send details of my car so you can spot me, unless I park and meet you at the exit but not sure on parking at the station!
I am so excited to meet you all that I could scream with happiness! Karen will be watching!

Lots of love
Rachel x
Aly1971

Hi ladies - just to say I haven't forgotten you, been crazilly busy with the kids over the holidays which has been lovely, enjoying life to the max!! - just about to send out an email to everyone about the meet-up HOWEVER......Penny & Janey I can't find your email addresses anywhere so would love them - can you message me with them and then I can add you to the list??

This is who I have coming......

1) Janey
2) Dodo
3) Zuzy
4) Penny
5) Rara
6) Barbara

7) Nanniereeree

😎 Mills

So thats 6 singles and 1 x twin (Nanniereeree & Mills)

Please let me know if you can't make it as I need to let the hotel know by tomorrow at the latest or they'll charge me - also anyone who now can make it whose not on the list above.

I'll send the finer details in the email also for lunch on the 14th which I'll be coming too 🙂

Woo Hoo can't believe its actually happening.

Aly xxxx

I

barbara2013

Hope you are all well and having a good summer. It would be good to make arrangements. A couple of drivers said they could pick up from Oxford station- should we agree a meeting time/ pick up time there eg 4pm ? I want to book train asap now as fares are increasing but would not be travelling via London, changing at Reading probably.