1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

Penny47

Re: May Moonbeams

I'm all well as I've just posted on FB but for the record...I am getting fed up with Anastrazole!  Just had a really good few days, working and playing hard, but then I discovered I'd forgotten to take the tablets.  Yikes!  I took it and almost immediately was plunged into joint pains in my upper hips and knees- places where I was really fine all day, and marvelling at it.  i know that these tablets are making a big difference to my life-actually wiping out so many doubts about recurrence- but I do so resent them.  By the time I come off them I'll be at least 70 and probably so unfit it will affect my life chances.  I will try to change the manufacturer if I can, but even so I need to summon up that energy to get me through getting ready for Thanksgiving (which BTW is my cancerversary) and Christmas! 

Zuzy

Thanks ladies, hope you're all well xx
Dodo14

So glad they gave you what you needed Zuzy - sometimes it feels like I will worry forever about this or that.  It's good to know they listen and respond appropriately.  x

Rara

Great news! Xx
barbara2013

Zuzy that's brilliant. Such a Relief!
Zuzy

So I spoke to my BCN last week to see if they could bring forward my annual mammo because I've been fretting about pain in my bad boob, she said no they but I should go in and see her so she could have a
Look.....been in today was there 3 hours, saw nurse, doc, had mammo and u/s and all is fine, it's just scar tissue and lingering after effects of rads. In my sensible head I knew this but so relieved that I got a thorough check and not just a quick poke and prod, and they could tell me straight away, no 2 week wait like usually have with mammos. Phew! Xxx
Rara

It's wonderful that we are reaching these positive milsestones! A whole year at work since treatment ... Well done ladies!

Love to you all xx
Zuzy

Jo, me too! It's a year today since I started my new job, and a year without a day off sick!! I never thought it would happen!
Hope everyone is well xxx
Dodo14

Just had a thought though - I have now been back at work longer than I was off!  Yeah - long may it continue...

How are the reduced hours going Marie?

Dodo14

I have an appointment with the lymphodema clinic towards the end of the month.  The swelling is not terrible, and it does vary from day to day.  Today they almost look normal, other days you could easily tell if you compared both hands but not necessarily just by looking at the one hand.  Have you got it too then Barbara?

Any news from those of you waiting for results?

I feel like I am back on the hospital trail this month - Echo next Saturday, Onc later in the month as well as this latest appointment...

barbara2013

I hope those on half term have had a good break and Marie that your cut back of hours starts asap ! Your well being should be top priority now. Jo- have you started on the treatment for lymphodoema yet ? Was the swelling very noticeable ? I managed to get the time wrong so missed my booked massage at the cancer centre but have found someone else at a yoga clinic here who is happy to work with cancer people- so will try that. Now Penny is right- plenty of rest !
Penny47

I think we all need the rest.  Rest is good. 

Just noticed that BCC are going to consult on re-doing the website.

Rara

Glad you have got some help Jo.
Marie, it sounds like a good idea to cut your hours if you are struggling so much. Bloody after effects of treatment!! Dang it.
I am enjoying half term ... It's been a great first three days already catching up with family and friends and lots and lots of rest too! Xx
nanniereeree

Been to the drs tonight to get referred to gynae, mum had endometrial cancer so they are going to check. Sarah haven't had a period since May 13 so was a shock to find blood but not much! Hopefully it's nowt can't be worrying about that. Ladies I have also decided I'm cutting my hours at work as I am really struggling so going to be doing Tues, We'd, Thurs now, Ican't be worrying about losing £400 a month either my health and happiness comes first. Feel so much better today after asking to do it...
Dodo14

Phoned the BCN first thing today and I have been referred to a community lymphodema nurse who will come to me and support me with how to improve things.  So simple - why didn't I do that in the first place?!

How are things with everyone else? xx

Rara

Oh bloody hell sorry to hear your news Marie and Jo and Sarah. So unfair! As you say.... One step forward......

Let's hope next week gets better for you xxxx
Dodo14

Waited over a week for a drs appt - then half hour wait at the surgery, just to be fobbed off.  Now I am no further forward and cannot contact the Breast Care Nurse until Monday.  My hand is no worse, and seems to be better some days than others.  Think it is definitely lymphodema.

Also they want to increase my bp tablets again!  Came out feeling very frustrated and close to tears! 

How was the exam Sarah?

Any more news Marie?

x

mills1

Thank you Barbara.
How you feeling Marie, when do you see gyny? how long had it been since you had a period?

Dodo, how is your hand?

Penny47

All this fuss about the NHS today.  I just filled in another one of the questionnaires from the Fast Forward (Radiotherapy) study.  It asks:  How many visits have you had from your GP?  Your Macmillan/Breast Care nurse? LOL!  Maybe my standards are too low. 

barbara2013

Sarah good luck with your exam today and hope you get your x ray results soon. It really is two steps forward, one step back- but often feels the other way round. Take care. X
barbara2013

Marie sorry to see you're having a new concern- thinking of you. X
barbara2013

After such a long wait- such good news.
nanniereeree

Good news Rachel , Sarah keep your chin up and I haventreplied to your text 😔 I'm not on holiday till the week of the 10 th nov. I Had to speak to Breast care nurse last week as I started to bleed but it was only spotting so she advised me to go to my drs and get gynae appt so it seems like one thing after another with me at the moment.. Will have to ring the drs in the morning...
mills1

Hello ladies, have just read posts. Such good news Rachel xx

To you all who are not feeling 100% i hope it soon passes. It is hard and seems to take so long to feel our old selves. I have recently been told i am anaemic and they wonder why so have to have tests for polyps and celiac desease. I have also had x-ray of ribs because i have some pain so waiting for results too.

Got upset because hospital cancelled treatment for today and gave me Thursday (When i have an exam) so cancelled that and am on 'pending' list, feel so close yet so far away from finishing and some sort of normality. Still, things can always be worse, Moan over! lol

Take care all  

Dodo14

So pleased Rachel. xxxxxx

I am pretty sure my hand is lymphodema but it deosn't seem to be getting any worse so fingers crossed it can be managed easily.  It's my right hand so I need it.

What is wrong with Trish - have I  missed something?

JaneyW

Wonderful news Rachel. So happy for you!!

Rara

Finally got the results two weeks after biopsies. And it's good news ,,,,,, no cancer! Hooray. Thanks for all your support.
Now let's get Jo, Trish and Barbara sorted!

Lots of love xx
barbara2013

Jo I hope you are feeling better about your arm but so annoying to have to wait days for an appointment. Waiting and uncertainty is such a drag and i hope Rachel hears asap about scan- i always go with no news being good news. I rang my bcn about my back ache and she was quite reassuring, saying back ache can take 4-6 weeks to go and she will ring me in two weeks- if i am still in pain then consult onc for scan. I am having a massage this afternoon so hope that might help.Penny thanks for tip re voltarol- am using their pain gel along with paracetamol.
This time last year most of us were emerging from treatment- haven't we all been fabulous ! Xx
Dodo14

It looks a bit better this morning.  I have booked an appointment with my gp for next Friday - it is the earliest I could get.

JaneyW

You could also call the helpline at BCC. They'd be able to help put your mind at rest. It might be something entirely unrelated to breast cancer, but talk to BCC first, then get it seen next week.

Jane x

nanniereeree

Jo get it looked at soon. I'm now having a glove as my hand and three fingers are very swollen and also my arm. I also have lovely support socks which help with my lipoedema..
Dodo14

Too late Jane!  It is definitely a bit swollen and tender in the middle three fingers and on the back of my hand.  Not sure what else it would be.  Will it get worse if I don't do something then?  And is there anything I can do myself?

JaneyW

Jo, if you have any problems with the hand swelling, get onto your breast care nurse right away. It may be nothing, but if it is lymphoedema (and that's a big if of course) then the sooner they see it the more likely it is they can minimise it. Do it before the weekend, if only for your peace of mind!

Jane x

Dodo14

My fingers in affected hand are a bit swollen and tender - is this likely to be lymphdema?  If so, what should I do about it, if anything? 

Rachel, any news yet?  They are really taking their time! x

Penny47

Rachel: pet=fave.  Meow.

Wish that lab assistant would get over that date and get a move on.

Rara

No news!
Not sure what pet is penny? X
Dodo14

Any news yet Rachel?

Penny47

We are getting the smoke again tonight.  Hardly surprising when half the sky seems to be falling.  I think I will curl up in bed now.  Sweet dreams all especially you Rachel.  I expect some lab assistant had a cool date and snuck out of work early.

Barbara take it easy...and do mention it.  My pet med at the moment is voltarol 12 hour.  Great for backs and hips and seems to work with whats left of the chemo pains.

Rara

Barbara pls tell onc or breast cancer nurse about your back ache!
Jane, your sister is so lucky to have your support. Pls give her my best wishes.
Now, Penny,,,,,,,, I often smell smoke at night. None of my neighbours smoke. I think I have a ghost who smokes too!

Onc rang today. Results of biopsy not on system yet!? Omg. I hate waiiting xxx
Penny47

Oh I see.  Cyclophos is its nickname.  How could I ever forget the C?  Every time I see something long and thin and red I think of it with a shiver.

JaneyW

Smoking ghosts? Hmm, getting ready for Halloween??

(Cyclophosphamide is the C in FEC. It's the one that makes the back of your nose sting if they inject it too fast. Like when you eat too much mustard or horseradish.)

Jane x

Penny47

Jane-What is cyclephos when it's at home? Sounds dreadful.  Hope your sister is bearing up ok.

Now I still can't face hula hoops. I'm not too keen on cream of tomato soup which was another big comfort during chemo. I still get taste distortion but not always aware of it...just when I cook something that doesn't taste quite right. 

For about 6 weeks this summer we had this tobacco smoke smell coming down our chimney.  or so I thought- my OH couldn't smell it but his sense of smell is far from reliable.  We have a strong downdraft so it isn't unusual to have smoke or BBQ smells coming down our chimney (we live on the side of a hill so we get thermals too) but tobacco?  The closest smokers to us live 50-100 meters away.  I thought next door's lad was having a crafty fag in secret but turns out he's been preparing for singing auditions and his voice sounds great when the windows are open - no smoky hoarseness.    I really was beginning to wonder whether it was chemo when next door's Mum asked me over the garden wall if I've been smelling smoke down the chimney....!!  So it isn't just me!  Do ghosts smoke does anyone know? 

JaneyW

My sister had her third (of 4) cyclophos and taxotere today. She's been struggling, but says it's easier than her FEC schedule of 13 years ago. I told her you were all remembering her tip about Hula Hoops. Don't think I'll ever look at them in the same way again!! They are so rubbish when you're well, but so great when you're post-chemo.

Do any of you have any food changes since last year? Or things that just bring it all back? Food post traumatic stress disorder???!!!

Jo, so glad your port is out. That must feel good and real progress.

Rachel, waiting with you for your results.

Hugs and love to you all

Jane x

barbara2013

Hoping things going well for you all and keeping everything crossed for you Rachel. Thinking of Jane's sister too. Currently am a bit bothered by lower back ache and hate the anxieties it inevitably brings with it. Love to everyone.
Rara

Thanks ladies xx
nanniereeree

Thinking of you Rachel xxxx sending cyber hugs too xxx
mills1

Thinking of you xx

Dodo14

Rachel

Sounds like good news but I am sure it will be a week of worrying for you.  Big hugs. x

Rara

Had ultrasound and 2 core biopsies. They tried to do a 3rd but couldn't get it. Results in a week. They think it's a fluid filled cyst but making sure. All the other lumps are still just scar tissue thank god! Xx
Rara

Oh Jo what a pain having to wait around all day. But at least it's out. Must feel wonderful to be at the end of all that. Xx