69771members
366473posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Moonbeams

Re: May Moonbeams

Hi all, feeling a bit sore but glad it's all over. I have an infection so the district nurses are visiting like some community care case! The neighbours must be having a field day. Hoping to have my drain out today... it's a bloody pain carting it everywhere! Still gotta wait till Thursday for the results so keep your fingers and toes crossed for me 🙂

Was at Princess Royal Barbara and I have to say, I can't fault them (apart from the food), think that's the same every hospital though. You'd think in the 21st century they'd have worked out a way to make nutritious, tasty meals in bulk and at a good price wouldn't you? 

Anyway, glad you're feeling better nanniereeree, how's everyone else?

Thinking  of  you  Namaste  and hope  all has now gone well.  Where did you have op? Best wishes  for  a  good  quick  recovery and do  let  us  know. 

Good news on pain Marie. Take  care. 

XxxI

Fingers crossed for you xxx

Hurrah for decent pain killers nanniereeree 🙂 Let's hope once the pain's sorted things will look brighter.

I've just popped on to say I'm having my op today. It was delayed (was meant to be 3 days ago) but now I'm on my way. I'm optimistic that once it's done that'll be it!

Take care everyone and I'll let you know how it goes in a few days 🙂

After a shaky start on Tuesday with vomiting I'm pleased to say the morphine is working.... A little pain that I can tolerate is still present but nothing like I had before. It was worse than childbirth lol xx😍

Marie- argh it's terrible that they can't sort out the pain!  And Suzanne I would find that kind of delay just terrible.

I have just had a lymphodaema scare when I had numerous horsefly bites on my affected arm which swoll up.  I took it to the GP and he thinks it is just a histamine reaction, so I have strong anti-histamine tablets and slowly it is starting to calm down.  Since I saw the doc all my bites past and present have come up and my radiotherapy site has started itching again so I am practically bathing in E45.  I need to find a stronger insect repellent!!!  I have never been so glad to see it raining. 

Finally I have my prosthesis!  My fingers are still too swollen to sew pockets into my bras so I invested in a new pocketed one.  To my astonishment it feels amazingly comfy and balanced.  The amazing thing is how much feeling I have in the fake boob- clearly this is a thing that has been happening slowly as I adjust to my new shape with the softie, and is to do with the nerve endings I have left round the scar.  I wish I had known about this before the operation!  It really has made me think twice about having reconstruction, which I wasn't too keen on anyhow.

Well nothing to show on scan but I e been to the drs this morning about the pain and she's put me on patches and oral morphine...

That's not good Zuzy. Will let you know later xx

Good luck tomorrow, everything crossed for you.
Just found out today my op has been cancelled, v frustrating! Waiting for a new date but since have hol booked think am looking at Oct, grrrrrrrrr!!!

Have got orthopaedic appointment in the morning so should get results then.... Been a long week and I'm dreading the outcome.. What if? That's all that's going through my head at the moment will I see my grandchildren grow up? And I'm only 55, but it may only be osteoporosis so I keep hanging on to that little thread...

Morning all - I haven't been on for absolutely ages so thought I'd check in and see how everyones doing.

Namaste so sorry to hear that you've had a recurrance but glad its being dealt with so swiftly and fingers crossed that the op will be the end of it. I had a single MX and it was not nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be - I was glad to be rid of it tbh, the operation itself was pretty straightforward and i haven't had any form of reconstruction yet.

Marie - hope you get your results soon - been thinking of you.

Zuzy - looking forward to catching up next week 🙂

Jo - hurrah for clear mammograms - I had mine last week and was also clear (whoop!!!)

Well lots of love to you all sorry I've been so rubbish at keeping in touch but I do think about you all daily.

Big kisses.

Aly xxxx

Still waiting nannieereeree? It's definitely the worst part!

My op's set for the 22 July, terrifying but I'll be glad when it's all over.

Marie, had to look up what your op was, learnt something new 🙂 Hope all went well.

Take care ladies xxx

😊😊

I'm a plonker I thought your op was the 28th June😙
No news yet😫

Any news on your results yet?

I'm good thanks, just waiting for op, only 3 weeks to go, argh!

Zuzy, how are you getting on?

Well that's the scan over just got to wait for results now😒

Namaste  so sorry  that  you  have  to  go  for more  treatment  and  it must feel  so frustrating when  you  want  to  move  forward. I was frightened  of the mastectomy  but it has worked  out fine and I think  the others  who also  had it will confirm this. Thinking  of  you  and  do  keep  in  touch  with how you are. Xx

Glad you've got it sorted Marie, hope you've got something nice to do in the time between the injections and the scan, when they told me I could leave the hospital my friend took me out for lunch when I had mine!! Xx

Oh no Namaste, I'm so sorry you didn't have better news but glad you've a plan. I'm having my oophorectomy on 28 July so looks like we'll be having our ops at about the same time, hope yours goes well. Xx

Namaste, I am sorry to hear they found more cancer but pleased you are getting rid of it quickly. My friend Jo  runs a website called ABC diagnosis. She gives good advice on preparing to say goodbye to frankentits! It sounds like you have a good positive attitude.
Love to you
Marie, so pleased you finally have appointment.

I started taking Anastrozole last night. Slept like a baby. Probably a coincidence x

Glad to hear things are moving along naniereeree, so frustrating when you feel like you have to chase up everything. Still, I hope you don't have to wait long for the results once you get your scan, the waiting is the pits!

I got the results from my recall yesterday and have been coming to terms with it. I have cancer again but fortunately it's in early stages and contained. I'll have a masectomy within 4 weeks. They'll check for spread but are optimistic there isn't any so no chemo thank goodness.

TBH, I'll be glad to see the back of this tit, it's been nothing but trouble for the last couple of years 🙂

Off to read up about masectomy now, I'm all optimistic that I'll recover quickly and then can just get on with my life xxx

Great  to  hear  that Jo. Thinking  of  you  Marie,  everything  crossed.  Xx

Got home today from a few days away and I have a appointment for Tuesday for bone scan.

Great news Jo! So happy for you xxx

Hi everyone, 

Sorry to hear so many of you have been in the waiting room again - me too!  I have just seen the consultant today fot my latest mammogram results and all clear.  Phew, I can breath again.  Rachel's lucky wish bean helped me through. I have now been moved on to annual check ups. Love to all. xxx

Had onc today. Put me on Anastrazole now. Any news Sarah, Marie and Namaste? Thinking of you all,
Rachel x

Left a message but no return phone call will ring again in the morning... Me feels a complaining letter needs to be sent...

So they continue to torture you Marie..... Hoping for good results and soon. Love to everyone but especially Marie, Sarah and Namaste as they continue to wait... Xxx

Well I hadn't heard anything Thursday so I phones the secretary who said " I have your file in the pile on my desk I will be typing the notes up today or tomorrow " red flag to a bull I said " he wrote the card our whilst I was there but X-ray have not got it a week later " she said" I will look at your notes today and if he hasn't written one out will get him to do one" arghhhhhhh I asked if she could let me know either way so if not I would get my dr to do one urgently but she rang back and said he had done one and was trying to get in touch with nuclear medicine to see what was goin on. I am going to ring today and see if they have had my card yet! 😤 pulling ones hair out lol

Any news yet nanniereeree?

God yes never give up fighting whatever it is got too much to live for 😍

Nanniereeree, I have everything crossed for you 🙂 and Sarah too, and anyone else playing the waiting game again. Think I'm just very frustrated at the prospect of losing all this time again......but you're right, we'll carry on fighting! Take care xx

Namaste, I have osteoarthritis so it could be osteoporosis (fingers crossed) I've got to wait they will ring in the next couple of days to arrange appointment for scan. Keeping busy doing some sewing....

Hi Namaste!   I was wondering about you just the other day!  Really sending you positive vibes.  Waiting is the worst and the only thing that worked for me was total distraction...music, projects, work stuff, working out, more music etc etc.  I had a bit more of it when I had a long drawn out chest infection this past winter and the asthma aftermath which I think would have been a lot easier to fight if I hadn't had the chemo experience.  But I am recovered now, both from the asthma and the waiting! (and the chemo, i hope!) About mx:  It was not as horrible as I had thought.  After the Chemo the op was a breeze, although I dreaded it terribly.  Best wishes and keep strong!

Hi nanniereeree, hope you don't have to wait to long to hear and hope it's good news 🙂 Do you have oa anywhere else?

Thanks for your thoughts ladies, I don't come on here often now. My end of treatment tests last year were all fine so just set about recovering and learning to deal with peripheral neuropathy (joy)

This year, the mammogram showed calcification so had to return for ultrasound which turned into biopsy and a 2 week wait for results. Normally, calcification wouldn't be a major problem as statistically only 20% are cancerous. But, I have triple negative so who knows 😞

Already decided that if it's back, I'm having a masectomy this time!

Hey ho, the waiting room's a horrible place xxx

Hi Namaste, lovely to hear from you again, although sorry it's in campy circumstances, hope you don't have to wait too long, will be thinking if you xxx

Hi ladies and hi again Namaste. We wouldn't ever forget you! You're still part of us.
The bloody waiting is such as pain in the arse ladies.

Hope things ease soon Namaste xxxx

Hi Namaste, I find myself in the waiting room again too after having a painful hip for a couple of days I went to A&E had a X-ray now got to have bone scan it may be they are being cautious because I've had cancer the Dr said. It could be osteoporosis or it could be bone cancer or it could be nothing, but as its out of my control ther is not a lot I can do😞 but I'm not giving up without a fight

I know I don't come on here often ladies (not sure you even remember me it's been that long 🙂 ) Glad to see you're all doing well. 

I don't want to bring the mood down but I'm really struggling and know you all understand. I'm back in the waiting room 😞 I hate it and I'm scared. It's taken me all this time to start feeling better and deal with the problems left after chemo and now I've got to have more tests.

Just came back to the forum to see if anyone else has been in the same position but I think I might be scaring myself 🙂

Hi Sarah

It is really good to be able to share this stuff and quite odd that several of us are getting similar issues at the same time.  Still sore from hysteroscopy and waiting for results in a couple of weeks.   Had 2 polyps removed. The docs seem pretty relaxed so I am not worried. Like you I haven't told many people, just my husband and a couple of friends.  I don't tell my children now nor my parents any of this because I don't want to worry them and I think that most other people just think that it is all in the past now so I tend to keep quiet.  Other people want to put a line under it but we know it's just not like that.  Anyway, we shall continue being there for each other. Take care. Xx

Hello lovely ladies, so pleased i have you to talk to. I try not to say too much to the girls so they don't worry, they have been through a lot too. I know you all know exactly how i feel about all this, thenk you for being there. So, so pleased for you rachel that there is no sign of cancer. Barbara, i hope your results come back with good news too. So, i had an examination and a classic case of thickening to the endometrium, they took a biopsy there and then and later will have a camera. Now waiting for results in two weeks time. They also found a cyst on my ovary but don't think that's anything to worry about. I have thrown myself into study and work to stop thinking about it. Take care all, i think of you all all the time and Karen xx

Hello lovely ladies!

Well the whole hysterescopy under a general was easy peasy. It's a very short time to be under so recovery is quicker although legally not allowed to drive for 48 hours. Anyway, just a bit of bleeding after but that's stopped now, in fact, stopped last night. And in really good news, the lining of my womb has shrunk back since I stopped taking tamoxifen two weeks ago. They removed a polyps which was what was blocking entry to womb. They did a d and c (scrape) and a biopsy and two other things but I can't remember what. So they did not find any signs of Cancer!! Whoop! They were surprised as scan had looked like I was stage one already. So obviously not taking tamoxifen is the way forward for me but don't think I am telling anyone else to stop taking it. I see the oncologist on 25th June when I expect he will give me Anastrazole as he mentioned before. He will have the results of blood test then to be able to say definitively where I stand with regards to menopause.

Ladies, especially Sarah, who I know is very worried about her problems, please keep the faith. Us Moonbeams have our own guardian angel called karen who is doing her best for us.

Much love to all and thank you for your support. I really love and appreciate all of you

Rachel xxxx

Hi Sarah

Hope you are ok, I know it is stressful but we need to be reassured that they check it all out.  Like Rachel,  it turned out impossible to get to my womb for the biopsy so I will be having a general anaesthetic for this in the next two weeks.  Rachel goes first though!

I am up and down, mostly up, but down when I feel I can't move away from it all. Don't want this to interfere with my tamoxifen- despite hot flushes I am really keen to take it. Generally I feel better now than ever -since treatment started.

It was lovely to see Aly,  Suzanne and Rachel and be able to laugh as we remembered having to inject our tummies!

Hope all other moonbeams doing well two years on. Take care. Xx

Glad you all had a good time. went to see doc and have been reffered to hospital so just waiting for an appointment. love to allx

Lovely lunch today!
So next time we will come up to Marie and Sarah's area.... Is that ok with everyone!? We thought a weekend? Or just the Saturday and Sunday if not? I have cheekily asked Marie to research places to stay!

Xxx

Sarah, please try not to over worry.... The onc told me that the effects of chemo last for two years or so which is why they attribute some bleeding to this. Also, you are young and your body thinks you need periods!!?
Will miss seeing you today but looking forward to lunch with those that are coming.
We can definitely come up your way next time Sarah xxx

Morning all, the sun is shining and I'm very excited to be seeing some of you today.

Sarah just wanted to pop in and say try not to worry if you have started bleeding - I was told by my Onc that it can take up to 2yrs for periods to return and it could just be your body finally recovering. Definitely worth speaking to doctors but just wanted to pop on and say it's hopefully a good sign and not a bad one.

I had 3 periods in a row (6 weeks apart) at the end of last year and now they've completely disapeared again.

Rachel - can't wait to see you later and give you a hug it seems never ending sometimes doesn't it.

Love to you all and enjoy this sunny sunday.

Aly xxx

Hi all, hope you have alovely time tomorrow. Sorry to hear your having probs rara, it's never ending. Feeling down myself today, started bleeding for the first time since middle of chemo, hence why i'm on here looking things up then read your post Rara. I'm so fed up with the constant worry,so off to the docs i will be going. Will there ever be an end?