cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical screening questionnaire for new job

5 REPLIES 5
Ruthiesings

Re: Medical screening questionnaire for new job

I did a bit more googling and found some advice about whether or not to disclose so am happy with saying No.  Also I haven't any gaps in my employment as I was fortunate not to be off work for very long (working part time helped). Good luck with the job search.

JenJen

I think the way most application forms are worded you could say no anyway as it usually says something like do you consider yourself to have a disability under the act so if you dont consider yourself disabled then you have answered correctly but if your absence levels etc could go againt you in a recruitment process its always sensible to say why you were off work for x months I guess.
I dont class myself as disabled either but im applying for new jobs and obviously need to explain why I havent been to work since last October. And why I will have higher than the average persons number of hospital appointments

Dont worry ladies x it'll work out

Jen x

Ruthiesings

I'm so pleased I've read your post JenJen.  I've just applied for a new job (mine is being made redundant at the end of August) and clicked 'No' for disability.  One year on from surgery and RT, NED in March and taking Anastrozole for 5yrs I never even considered that I might be 'disabled'!  I've just googled the equality act so If I'm fortunate enough to get an interview I'll have to 'come clean'.

JenJen

My NHS one just asked was I able to walk x metres,carry x lbs my old teaching ones were roughly the same both asked if I had already had all the usual illnesses measles etc and when.when I had vaccinations any major illnesses/disabilities and when.

Dont forget you are covered by the equality act 2010 if you are mentally and physically caple of doing the job and have the relevant qualifications and experience they cant hold your "disability" which is what cancer is classed as against you. If they offer you the job then retract due to medical grounds they are on rocky ground.

Health questionnaires usually ask sickness levels and reasons why so all absence re cancer and treatment side effects make sure to make this clear they cant hold this against you.

You will be fine x its usually a formality and more to make sure for example that someone who cant bend isnt doing a job that involves bending down all day. If you are a Teacher you are still more than capable of doing the job

Hope this helps x bug hugs
Jen x
riversidedawn

Has anyone seen the questions on a pre-work medical? I am scared it'll come back unfit as I had my benefits form signed off for a year from last April!
riversidedawn

Medical screening questionnaire for new job

Been offered what looks like a dream job at the schools trust. 24 hours a week - off on Wednesdays. Just got to get through the medical screening and start end of August