Memory.... Do I have anything to worry about?

Firstly I’m sorry for posting here as I’m not sure I’m in the right place. I’m 1 1/2 year post initial diagnosis of stage 3 IDC, triple +ve and finished my last Herceptin treatment just over 2 months ago. I seem to be having issues with my head. My memory is getting gradually worse and not better like I was told it would, my mouth and brain aren’t playing nicely together and all sorts of things come out of my mouth that my brain didn’t plan, and I seem to have lost the ability of finding the right word in the middle of a conversation, it makes me look really stupid, talking away and then stuttering and spluttering mid sentence, I feel so embarrassed by it. I’ve also noticed I can drift off into my own world and have a slight, only just noticeable pressure right in the middle of my forehead. Clearly I’m scared that it’s brain Mets and I’m praying there is another reason. I’ve been ignoring it for months, just like I have with my breathing and cough I seem to have developed but the other night both my hands went numb and it terrified me. I’m booked for a telephone chat with my gp but I was hoping anyone who reads this post and has been in this position can help, in anyway that you can…

Thank you in advance

Dear Kander,

I hope you will soon have some replies to your post from fellow members.

It might help to give our helpline a call to talk over how you’re feeling at the moment.  They’ll be able to offer you information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Kander, 

Please don’t apologise. Anyone is welcome here, even though no one wants to be here. I’m not much help I’m afraid but my answer will bump this post up and you may get someone who knows a bit more.

All I will say is that if you’re worried it would be better to get it checked out. Did you have a BC nurse during treatment who you could get back in touch with? Or could you ring oncology?

I sincerely hope everything is ok xxx