Mentally drained..

Hi all

Just feeling so rubbish right now.

Two years after diagnosis, i am having to have my tissue expander recon taken out and re-done with LD flap.
I have an open wound in my implant area, and have done for over two weeks now. Nasty fluid is leaking and i have not been able to see my new ps, as he is on leave!

I am starting a new job in a few weeks, and am feeling really stressed, as i do not want this to interfere with my job. Two years ago, i had to decline two job interviews because of diagnosis, and now this!

We are trying to re-locate from north to south at present, providing we can find someone to rent our house out.

I have two little ones, nearly 7 and 3.5, so i am busy busy.

Just feeling really fed up…i can’t believe that i am going to have to have more surgery soon, i really do not feel like it at all!

Sorry for the moan.

Nazx

Naz, don’t you DARE apologise for moaning - if you can’t do so on here, where can you?! And you’ve had plenty to moan about…

If possible do your best to concentrate on the new job stuff and leave the op and associated hassles to the back of your mind. Sometimes there really IS a place for a head-in-the-sand approach, even if it’s just to give our minds a bit of a rest from the stress for a while.

Best of luck with the move and the new job. (And of course the surgery.)

HI Naz, please don’t apologise for the “moan” - feel free, you are living with some of the most stressful events any of us can go through and with body/surgery/wound issues as well - blimey, think I’d be on the ceiling.
Last year when we were living in one room in a building site and I was having chemo and rads and surgery I used to just try to sketch out the day when I woke up and and tried really hard not to think of the whole load of tasks needing done the next day and the one after etc - I also ate loads of cake and ASKED FOR HELP! not something I’m good at but it was really good…
hope some of these thoughts help and feel free to moan any time, you have a lot on.
best Nicola

Thank you so much for your replies.

I just feel as if i am banging my head against a brick wall at the moment…just too much to think about.

Anyway, going to try hard and just deal with immediate stuff, like my new job, and leave OH to sort out the house stuff. Then when hospital arises, i will deal with that then.

Phew…thank goodness for this site!

I have realised that i don’t cope with stressful situations well at all!

Hardly slept last night, tossing and turning…worrying about the op, and then the stupid wound leaked all over me (sorry) and stressed me out further…

I need to get my head sorted, or else i am going to be too tired to function properly at this rate.

Rant over…

Naz

just sending you a hug naz…

thanks Charlotte…:slight_smile:

Hey Naz I just remembered the hosp gave me a sort of stress management cd to listen to - no idea where it ended up since the builders trashed the place but it was great at the time - used to help me get to sleep …maybe you could try it?
best N

YOu moan away all you want, that’s what we’re all here for.
And it sounds like you’ve a lot to have a good old BAH HUMBUG about!

El Katrano, it has all been totally pants!

I can’t believe i have been walking about for over two weeks, with a wound that needs sorting!

Today, the plastic surgeons secretary was meant to have spoken to him, to discuss plan of action, and guess what, she hasn’t!

Short of going to the hospital to demand to see him, i am unsure what else to do?

Help!

I’d ask your BCN what to do and tell her how you feel.
I know what you mean, having to get mad, chasing people up etc is very draining and you really shouldn’t have to.
There is so much bureaucracy in the NHS as well.
|good luck xx

Finally got an appointment for two and a half weeks time!

I am told that plastic surgeon can’t do recon at the same time as removing the implant…:frowning:

I am so depressed about what i have to face…a load of saggy skin that will look horrid, until it is my turn on the waiting list.

I am so so mad at the original surgeon who did the tissue expander ‘recon’ as it is all such a mess for now.

Yes,it will be done eventually, but for now i am the one who has to live with the ugliness of it all.

So not fair. I feel totally let down by the NHS,as the stress i have been under of late, has been huge! :frowning: