Message for DilysP

Message for DilysP

Message for DilysP My dearest Dilys

Sorry I have been away so long, but have just been catching up on your progress through your posts with Lucy.

I imagine you are feeling really scared now as the day is so close, I know I was quaking in my boots. I found once I got to the hospital I was a lot calmer as you then feel that you are in everyone elses hands and they will take care of you.

I know you have had lots of advice about what to take, but if I can just add to that, I was told if I had cotton knickers with me I would have been allowed to wear them during the operation. It may not bother you but thought I would just add it for you.

I am glad you have your sister in law to stay with your husband whilst you are in hospital, I think that will ease your worries there.

My operation went well, I really felt okay afterwards. I came home with three drains in place, these were more of a nuisance than anything else. By the time the final one came out after 10 days I was glad to get rid of it as I found it a bit sore by then and I couldn’t lounge in the chair!

I am now waiting for Wednesday when I go back to get the staples out and will be told of any further treatment.

We should both look forward to Wednesday because by then your operation will be over.

I am sending you all my strength and good wishes for Tuesday I will be thinking of you constantly.

lots of love and hugs
Pauline

xx

Hallo again Pauilne Dearest Pauline

How lovely to hear from you. I had worried for you so much. So glad to have you back again. And thank you for your good wishes. Right now I am so pleased for you. Are you ok? Anything I can do? Silly question in the circumstances! So glad you said that about knickers. My husband thought I was mad but tomorrow I want to buy some cheap white cotton ones to see me through. The fact that you are there again gives me strength to see through the coming days. Lucy will keep you company as well although she is going through chemo.

Pauline, so glad to have you back on line. Can’t tell you what a lift it is. Take care and I will also be back as soon as I can.

Much love and strength

Dilys

Dear Dilys

It is so lovely of you to welcome me back with such enthusiasm.
I really am okay thank you.

The best thing you can do for me is to stay strong and and try to recover from your operation as soon as possible. I was so sorry to hear about your back I believe you said to me, life has a way of kicking you when you are down.

What is the nuclear injection you are having tomorrow?

I look forward to chatting with Lucy but hope you will be back before to long.

love and hugs

Pauline

xxx

Hi Pauline Dearest Pauline

I am now officially radioactive! It is “just” an injection and then a scan. All to do with the lymph nodes. Just took a whole lot longer than I thought. Somehow I had imagined a quick jab and an old style x-ray. I am now marked up like a dart board! Just phoned the hospital and I am due there at 7 am. Is that cruel or what?

Anyway internet silence from me for a while, but I will be back to you and Lucy to let you know how it goes.

Much love and courage. We will come out of this better people I am sure.

Much love

Dilys

Hi Dilys

Just to let you know I have replied to this on the other thread.

much love
Paulinex