Message for Dilysp and Lollie

Hello

I thought you had all deserted me!!

Wishing you the Happiest Christmas ever and Good fortune for 2008.

Will post more later in week.

lots of love
Pauline
xxxxx

Hallo Pauline

Lovely Christmas present to hear from you! We hadn’t deserted you at all! Thought you must have decided to stay away! How sad is this posting on Christmas Day? But my husband has gone for a walk before dinner so I sneaked up here to see if everyone was ok. And found you. How are you? Hope all is well? Finished chemo I hope? I am now post chemo and radiotherapy and just fine, praying for hair of course.

Please post again later - would love to know how you are doing my love

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Hi Pauline

How lovely to hear from you.We hadn’t deserted you at all. Did you see our messages to you on the thread “Message for Dilys and Pauline” from about 3 or 4 days ago.

I hope things are going well for you and that you’ve had a lovely Christmas. All the best for a healthy and happy 2008. It would be lovely to hear more from you in the new year.

Love Lollie x

Hello Dilys and Lollie

Glad to hear you are both in good spirits. I posted at the end of November and didn’t hear anymore until the posts you mentioned Lollie about a week ago now. I thought perhaps you had gone off to another site. Anyway it doesn’t matter
we are back in touch now. Sometimes I think this site gets a bit confusing I guess there are so many people using it and if you don’t post virtually daily then the messages land up quite far back. (I now appear to be talking gobbledegook so will shut up on the subject!!!).

Anyway I have three more rads to go and apart from being bright red and a little sore it has all been very easy. I then start on Herceptin every three weeks for the next year although no appointments have come through for that yet. Saw the oncologist yesterday and he said he would chase his secretary as I should have heard by now.

It’s strange Dilys we started this together but you have fast tracked me now and are way ahead of me in treatment. Maybe they are more laid back round here and take their time - they haven’t got the London rush!!!

My nails are rather strange, I have one big toe nail that has gone completely black and several finger nails that have gone white! I keep wondering if they are going to fall off, I was hoping they would be passed that by now but obviously yours are still falling off Dilys.

Did you both enjoy Christmas? We had a lovely time with all the family my son and daughter did all the cooking and it felt quite strange to have nothing to do but I managed to make the most of it whilst I could!!! It was just great to be able to eat what I liked without being ill.

We are going to our local pub for New Year celebrations.

I do wish you both a really happy and healthy New Year and hope to hear from you soon.

Lots of love
Pauline
xxxxx

Hi Pauline and Dilys

I have to agree with you Pauline. This site is not so easy to use and is more confusing than it used to be. As our posts are under the category “Reconstructive surgery” and if you click on this category on the menu bar on the left the posts appear near the top for quite a while .I think I’m talking gobbledegook too now!!

It’s good to hear you have nearly finished all your radiotherapy now. It’s much easier than chemo isn’t it. You continue to get sore for a couple of weeks after rads have finished so keep using the aqueous cream or whichever one you’re using.

I’ve had a lovely Christmas but not so lucky as you as I had to do all the cooking myself as I had all the family over. It was nice getting together though and I’ve also got this week off work so it’s been a nice long break. We belong to a ten pin bowling league and are going to a bowling evening for new years eve.

Dilys, I hope you have had a good couple of days with your family.

Much love

Lollie x

Dear Pauline and Lollie

Hi Pauline. Yes it is weird how I seem to have overtaken you. I have done 6 of 17 herceptin and finish in August on my husband’s birthday. Rads were ok but be warned the effect continues after you stop! I hardly noticed it at the time but nearly two weeks later I have a lovely bright red patch which is a bit sore and itchy. Must be powerful stuff, eh? They said it would be at least three weeks before it was safe to use nice smellies again so I am sticking rigidly to that. And the nails are disgusting, but will come back. I have lost both small toenails and the right big one. I have two nails left on each hand now, but am between plasters thank god until the next one starts to lift! Just like lack of eyebrows and lashes, no one seems to notice.

Christmas was lovely. We were with my husband’s sister and her middle daughter plus four year old son for Xmas Eve. Then a couple of quiet days ofjust us. I have just got back from a day with my step daughter and two grandchildren and had to be torn away from doing jigsaws with 8 year old Alex. Just brillliant. How lovely for you to have someone else doing all the cooking!

You are brave going to the pub on New Years Eve! They are always so packed round here we gave up years ago and tend to stay in with the doors locked.

Anyway so glad to be back in touch. I know exactly what you mean about trying to keep up with everyone on every thread.

Much love and a happy and healthy New Year to both.

Dilys
xxxxx

Hi Dilys and Pauline

This is just quick as I’m going out soon and need to get ready yet.

Anyway, just wanting to wish you both a happy and healthy new year.

All the best for 2008.

Love Lollie x

Hi Lollie and Pauline

Have a lovely evening Lollie. Wishing you and Pauline the same my love.

Take care and see you soon

Dilys
xxxx

Hello

Just wanted to wish you a very happy healthy New Year, let’s hope 2008 brings us no further health worries and that we all just keep improving and maintain our stoicism.

I didn’t have to cook on Christmas Day, after a walk on the beach my husband did a barbie but I missed having Christmas Pud and it seems there are none left in the supermarkets, boo hoo!

Best wishes to all
D

Hi Dahlia

Good to have you back. I didn’t know you were away but had been wondering why I hadn’t seen you on here recently. Sounds like you have had a great christmas even if you did miss out on the christmas pud!

A happy and healthy new year to you and all the best for 2008.

Love Lollie x

Hi Dahlia, Lollie and Pauline

Dahlia - are you still away? Hope you had/are havng a great time in Oz. And wishing you a very Happy New Year! Mine has just started well - washing machine has decided not to work! Thank goodness for once I had taken out a five year warranty. Now wondering what to do with a pile of damp clothes!

Hey ho!

Much love

Dilys
xxx

Hi all

A very happy healthy New Year to you.

We arrived back on Sunday and yes, had a great time thanks. Had the washing machine going before I took my coat off as it was so cold! Sorry to hear about your machine Dilys - seems like a good drying day here but quite windy so if I hung something out to dry I might have to go to the next village to collect it!!!

We had an odd Christmas day, out walking with an amble along a beach and then a BBQ so it felt totally unlike Christmas and that suited me just fine!

How does it feel to have finished radiotherapy Dilys? I found it a bit of an anti climax and even missed the trek to hospital each day for a few days and then it was Christmas (2006) and then back to work.

I have my 2008 calendar up now so will be pinning my hopes on a special tea in London one Saturday in February? I suppose I should check the websites and see how far in advance we need to book…

Right, time for some lunch!

BFN
D

Hi Dahlia and all

Lovely to hear from you. You are right. It did feel very odd not to be going to the hospital every day at first, but I am used to it now! I think ending treatment will be an anticlimax when it comes. I could do February with the proviso that we have just booked two weeks in Nice from 22 February, so not those days! Will start the insurance hunt tomorrow.

Your Christmas Day sounds odd but lovely. Funny how we are conditioned to expect certain things.

Best friend Stuart arriving shortly so more later.

Lots of love

Dilys
xxxxx

Dear Ladies

Just want to wish you all a very Happy 2008 and hope we all have good fortune.

I have just one more rad to go now, how quickly it has passed, and am waiting to hear about the start of herceptin. I was only saying today that I hope the appointments start soon as otherwise I shall be going into 2009 before my treatment ends.

We had a lovely New Year’s Eve, they restricted the pub to tickets only so it was just the right amount of people. I do hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I used to love Ten Pin Bowling Lollie, but it is somewhile now since I played.

Take care
lots of love
Pauline
xxxx

Dear Pauline, Dahlia and Lollie

Glad everyone had a good New year. I got the washing machine fixed yesterday - yippee! And I had a lovely evening with my friend Stuart as well, so a good day. This morning though I had to take my 19 year old cat Trevor to the vet. In a nutshell his kidneys had failed and we had to decide whether to put him down or take him every week to be put on a drip. He would have hated the latter so I am afraid he has gone. I am sure it was the right decision but a miserable way to start the year. Made me think of your Lucy, Pauline.

It can only get better from here!

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Hi All

Dilys, so sorry to hear about Trevor. 19 is quite an age for a cat isn’t it. I bet you’ll miss him as they become part of the family don’t they.

Pauline, you must have had your last radiotherapy session by now so congratulations on getting to the end of that and just the herceptin left to do now. Have you got a start date yet?

Glad everyone had a good new year.

Love Lollie x
PS I’m still up for meeting so let me know if you get something arranged.

Hi Pauline, Lollie, Dahlia

Hope you are all well? Yes Trevor had a long and supremely happy life. Making him go on with weekly drips would have been too cruel.

Meeting - Lollie you are working aren’t you? I seem to remember ome days you couldn’ do? In my case it is just avoiding hospital appointments. Which days are good for you? And same question to Pauline and Dahlia?

Isn’t it a grey boring day? Can’t work up the energy to do very much! Come back the sun!

Much love to all

Dilys
xxxxx

Hi All

I work on wednesday, thursday and friday so can meet any other day. I have been asked to do extra days this week though so will probably be working monday to friday. Not looking forward to that really but the extra money will be useful when I eventually get it.

Hope you are all well. It’s a lovely day here today and there is some warmth in the sun. Feels like spring.

Love to all

Love Lollie x

Hi Lollie

Almost any day is good by me. What does everybody else think? I will be the one in the turban!

Much love

Dilys
xxx

Dearest Dilys

I am so very sorry to hear about Trevor, you obviously treated him very well for him to live to 19. Yes, I am afraid I still have a little weep about my lovely Lucy, but I was lucky enough not have to make the decision as she just suddenly died, as I said at the time I swear she knew I was going to struggle to look after her.

I know you will miss Trevor so much after being together so long but try to keep your chin up, as you say you made the right decision as hard as it is, and you gave him a lovely life.

Lollie, yes I finished my radiotheraphy last Thursday and I am still using the cream although the redness is going down daily.
I phoned the Doctor’s secretary about the Herceptin as I had not received any appointments but was told they are waiting on permission for funding, so it is just a matter of patience at the moment.

My nails are quite disgusting at the moment, what do you all think about wearing false ones?

On the bright side my hair is growing back quite rapidly what about yours Dilys?

Ladies, as much as I would love to meet you all I am afraid I don’t really want to make a trip to London, so count me out of
your tea party please.

Bye for now

lots of love
Pauline
xxxx