Message for South Wales Girls

Message for South Wales Girls

Message for South Wales Girls Hello again!

Well, only three of us managed to meet at the M&S evening last night (it was fab to chat, Dee and Lisa!), but we’ll try to arrange another get together in a few weeks for anyone else that might be interested in coming along.

In the meantime, there’s going to be a talk about the FREE COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES available to all of us at Velindre in the Cardiff and Vale support group’s next meeting (Friday 11th May, 1-3p.m. in the Margaret Whittaker Lounge, Rhiwbina).

I’m going to go, 'cause I’m a sucker for a bit of pampering! If you are interested and can make it, please get in touch via this board and maybe we could go for a coffee (or something stronger!) before or afterwards…

Hope to meet more of you soon!

Mel

Sorry I can’t make it. Hi Mel.

I can’t make that one, have an exam like I thought (1-4) could meet for a coffee or something after though. I have a feeling I might need it.

Dee x

Hi Mel,
Can’t make that one either, as I said Tuesday, I’ll be working that day, I’m also going out for a leaving do with work straight after, so no chance of meeting later either. But keep me posted for any other get togethers! Good luck with your exam Dee!

See you soon, Lisa x

P.S. Mel, the address for the other site is www.bcpals.org.uk .

D’oh! Oops! Just realised that I’d already arranged to go shopping in Bristol with my mother that day - got to sort a wedding outfit by 28th May!! - so I won’t be able to make it after all… We’ll have to try again some other time. Any suggestions?

Dee - Good luck with the exams! Hope everything goes really well for you.

Lisa - Thanks for the website. Have a fab time at the leaving do!

Hope to see you soon,

Mel x

Sorry to have gone a bit quiet! Hi All,
Glad to hear that a few of you managed to meet up. Just wanted to say that I’m sorry I’ve not messaged recently but the results of my recent op were not as expected as the surgeon had though it was a DCIS recurrence but unfortunately the lump was invasive afterall and instead of having no treatment as he thought I’m to have radiotherapy so the last week we’ve been a bit shocked even though there’s no evidence as yet of any spread. It has been over 4 years since I was first diagnosed and it’s a case of here we go again! Anyway I’m probably not going to be able to meet up until the radio is out of the way. We’ve a holiday booked on 1st July which the hospital are doing their best to get things completed by then.
Just thought I’d let you know but would love to meet up after things have settled down again!
Take care all.

AnneS

Anne,

Sorry to hear that the results weren’t what you’d hoped. Are they going to scan to make sure everywhere else is clear? Fingers crossed that it’s just this recurrence they’ve found. Good job you already have a holiday booked - it’ll do you the world of good after the rads, and it’s always nice to have something to aim for.

I had a similar experience back in September 06 when they found a tumour behind my sternum 3 1/2 years after original diagnosis. I was treated with radiotherapy and they’re scanning me every so often now to make sure that there’s no spread. So far, so good…

Even if we can’t meet up in person, we can always chat via this board. Let us know how you’re getting on and if you need a bit of moral support.

And just in case you haven’t been on one before, BCC are doing a Healthy Living Day in Caerphilly soon (not sure exactly when, though). They are a fab day of pampering, if you’re up to it. Just a thought.

Good luck with the treatment. Take care,

Mel x