Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Sweetheart

11 REPLIES 11
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Message for Sweetheart

Know exactly what you mean my "friends" are there for me I know but it just doesn't seem right.

I have no choice in my treatment, mine is a masectomy and that it! because I have small boobs and the dcis is right behind the nipple going towards the chest wall, so have no options available to me.

Take care, and I am here for you if you want someone to just yell scream or whatever.

Sweetheart

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Sweetheart

I'm going to go and get measured before I go in, I know that I'll be a C cup when I get out (If plan A is followed, plan B being a masectomy).

I'm so pleased that you have found some-one to talk to face to face, it must help tremendously.

I think more people know about me on the forum, than I've told, I find it really difficult to pick up the phone to my "Friends" and say I've got BC, and there is nothing they can do for me at the moment. Gee I wish it was just a little problem!

Take care

love

Maggie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

Have been talking to someone today who said that you should be measured before op to get correct size, but as your having a reduction, suppose that makes it different. Also I have found a lady who lives about two miles from me who has had same op as me she is much younger than me, but its nice to have someone to talk to face to face.

Hope your still up today, I am not to bad today, find its better when people don,t say sorry to hear about your little problem,

love Sweetheart

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sweetheart

Sorry to hear that your having a down day today, but your allowed, I've just had a few down days, no particular reason, but I'm not beating myself up for it. Today feeling o.k. again.

Good luck with the bra hunt!.

I'm going to get measured properly after the op, so that I can treat myself to some nice undies.

Take care

Love

Maggie

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Maggie,

Glad to hear that your family are behind you. I am having a bit of a down day today.
Suppose your bound to have days like that. I am glad you said about the sports bra from Asda, shall go and have alook at them, I only want a 34a but will seem wierd havinga full cup and no underwire. Have looked at some of the web sites for bras recommended in the breast cancer care book a confident choice and was amazed at how expensive they were. Usually buy mine in Primark at £4 a time so have loads of different ones, this will put a stop to that.

Keep smiling

love Sweetheart

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sweetheart

I went out and treated myself to some new nightwear, when I knew I was going to have surgery. Then when I saw my BCN she advised button fronts, so I had to get some more (Shame, I so hate shopping not). I also had to get sports bras to wear after the op, again BCN suggested ASDA's only £4.00, weird buying a C cup and not underwired.

My kids are a great support as well, mine are boys, so I get loads of hugs and cups of tea, and bless them, they read over my shoulder when I'm on the forum so they are very aware of whats going on with breast cancer in general.

Work is keeping me busy, so I don't have loads of time to dwell.

Hope your son has a great birthday, this time in two weeks I'll be in hospital.

Sounds like your going to have fun with your chicken!

Love

Maggie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your comments, glad you have your date and hope all goes well. I shall remeber your date asits my sons birthday will keep my fingers crossed for you. Find its easier to keep busy than to fret, my daughter is being a tower of strength as well, has treated me to new nighties and dressing gown for hospital and as I enjoy tapestry has treated me to a new one to do when Im recovering so she is being really positive. I have the support of my whole family, which is great and I find talking openly about it helps a lot. 23 year old son said don't they call falsies chicken fillets, so although I havn't even got one yet its already been named mums chicken, so they are keeping my spirits up. Each day is a challenge now, find something different to do and enjoy it. Must say that for all we hear about the NHS I cannot fault them either it has taken three weeks from mammo to dx and op date, and the staff have been really supportive and friendly.

Sweetheart

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sweetheart

Glad that your feeling a bit better, it's good news that you are pre cancerous, from reading some of the ladies post on the forums prevention has to be better than the cure.

What kind of surgery are you having? I'm assuming a masectomy?

If it's any consolation I've had to wait from dx (03.07) to surgery (16.08), I'm invasive DCIS, I really consider myself lucky, my lump is small, but because of the position I am having a reduction at the same time. I cannot fault the care that I have been given by the NHS. Still doesn't stop me from being fretful about the op.

But as I said before this site is the best support becasue everybody know's what we are going through.

I'm here if you need to chat, vent, scream or cry, (I'm trying not to, all it does is give me puffy eyes and a headache).

Take care

Love

Maggie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Maggi

Have seen the surgeon and got the date, has agreed to the 4th October, so feeling a bit better, has told me that it is pre cancerous and that it is prevention rather than cure, hope he's right, am not having reconstuction, but will have a falsie instead, still think its radical treatment but lets be positive if they hadn't picked it up so early I could be in a worse predicament

Sweetheart

Community Manager

Dear sweetheart

You may find our factsheet about DCIS helpful to read, you can read it via the following link:

http://breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/ductalcarcinomainsitudcisoct05_0.pdf

You are also welcome to contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000 for further support and information, the helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

Best wishes
Sam
Breast Cancer Care

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Maggie

Thanks for your comments, I have my partner coming with me tomorrow, will post further information as I get it

Sweetheart

Guest user
Not applicable

Message for Sweetheart

Hi Sweetheart

You are allowed to be scared.

No two people are the same when it comes to diagnoses or treatment. I hope that you have someone with you when you go to your appointment tomorrow. It's better to have another pair of ears.

I have not been given any choice in treatment, Surgery then rads, maybe chemo. For me this is a positive as I'm not having chemo to shrink my lump first.

Just try and take each stage as it comes, you will find invaluable help and support from the ladies on the forum.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Maggie