Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages for DippyKate

34 REPLIES 34
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Messages for DippyKate

Hi Kate. I, too, read your posts on both forums, and it never ceases to amaze me how you can give advice to others about their problems, when you are having such an awful time yourself. I'll never forget your reply when I posted on the other forum about my worries re. my mum, it meant a lot to me. I'm sure they'll look after you well in the hospice, and I hope they keep your pain under control. I hope you manage to spend the quality time with your family that you so desperately want, and deserve. Bless you, Kate, you are always in my thoughts.

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate

It was lovely to hear from you today ..... have a restful time at the hospice won't you.

I know you will get the extra time with the family as you truly deserve.

speak soon

jan xx

ForumMember

Hi Kate - So glad to read from Jane's message that the rads is done with and do hope that any pain that comes with it is well controlled. I am sure that the hospice will be a much more relaxing place to be than a general hospital while you are getting over this latest treatment. Great news about the lympangitis and liver mets. A day or two ago I read your posting about talking to children - it blew me away, you are one amazing and inspirational woman. Thinking of you. Sarah xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I spoke to Kate this morning. She is waiting to be transferred to the hospice this afternoon (should have been this morning but you know how it goes..) She has now completed her rads and not too much pain so far but hospice will be the best place for controlling it as/when the rads pain gets worse. Also her shoulder is painful again.

She's seen the oncologist and says she feels much happier. He says he will ensure she doesn't get as ill as she did in December before starting taxol but hoping she can get through summer without it. Lymphangitis and liver mets are smaller on scan.

I was going to visit this afternoon but leaving it as we don't know where she'll be. I'll go early next week probably.

Kate really appreciates everyone's messages and I print them off when I visit her.

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Lots of love Kate .. keep fighting!
Love Sue x

ForumMember

Thinking of you Kate and glad that you have your mum helping and that the children are able to spend time with you. Glad that you are getting good help with controlling the pain. Sorry that you have the side effects of the radiotherapy ahead of you, but hopefully it will be effective. Thanks for sending an update to us - there are so many of your cyber friends here thinking of you, Love Sarah x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. Been thinking of you Kate. I know she will be sad missing the get together at Dawns but i am sure they will all be chatting about you maybe they could ring you whilst they are there, soz butting in just an idea.

Would love to give Peter cooking lessons, men hey, suppose they do their best.

Hug Rx

blondie

Hi Kate
Thinking of you and hope the visit with the kids didn't tire you too much.

Blondie

karen

Still thinking of you Kate, hopefully you will of been able to see your children by now.
Sending love
Karen x

dawnhc

Thanks for the update Heather. That definitely sounds a whole lot better for Kate. How awful before not to be able to have the children in to see her. It must be so reassuring for them to be able to visit. Love & hugs to Kate if you get to read the messages. Will be in touch.

Dawn

HeatherLou

MESSAGE DICTATED BY KATE - Tues 17th June.

Was nice to be home at the weekend. I sat in the garden with the new plants, watching little tadpoles/frogs - it was nice to have normality back.

I have seen the dietician who has said just stick to Fortisips and jelly and avoid proper foods. Although I was sick yesterday (for two hours) my weight seems to have stablised.... Seen the palliative care nurse every day who has been sorting out my pain and they are planning for me to go to the hospice straight from the hospital....

I changed wards yesterday and am on the Cancer Ward (C7) at Southampton General....and the children can come in to see me and are indeed coming tonight. My mum has been here this morning and has looked after me. It was nice to have my mum helping...

Peter is feeding the children on pasta so I have had to give mum a list of other foods that they like....

On the ward they seem to understand the drugs I am on and how to control the pain. The rads people say that side effects may not hit me until two weeks time...

Thank you very much for all your messages....

Love
Kate
x

Jennyg

Kate
Still thinking of you
Jenny x

cally2108

Dear Kate
I am so sorry to hear you are in hospital, whatever you may say you really are an inspiration. I have been amazed at your posts and look forward to seeing you back on the forums soon

Cally x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Kate,

I am sorry to hear that you are in hospital. I hope that things improve for you. You have been so helpful to so many. I just wish I could help you.

Best wishes,

Christine

karen

Hi Kate,
I have followed your posts on both forums........as has been said, you are honest, funny and brave.....and even though you are suffering so very much you still find time to offer help/advice/support to others...myself included.
I find the way you have still continued to live your life to the full, doing everyday and special things a true inspiration.
You a remarkable lady, wife, mum, friend.
I hope things improve and you get the extra time that you so very much deserve.
Take care
Karen xx

carolihne

Hi Kate,
I often read your posts - they make me laugh and make me cry. You are so honest, funny, brave and a great Mum.
Do hope things improve for you soon and the medics can make you more comfortable so you can go back home to your family.
very best wishes
caroline

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate
I have followed your blog & the gobby gang threads for a long time. I also hope your treatment goes well and gets you through to September, you are one very inspirational lady who deserves the extra time with your family. Echo to all of the above.

Take care

Louise x

dm1968

Hi Kate

I also read the Gobby Gang thread everyday to see how you are doing along with your Blog. I am so sorry to hear that you are in hospital and hopefully you will get the rest you need, along with the treatment and you get to spend a lovely summer with your children, you and they deserve it.

I am not sure if you are still going next Thursday but hopefully will get to meet you otherwise one day maybe, when you next visit your sister over my way.

Take care and sending you lots of love and hugs and heres hoping you are back out of hospital soon and able to spend quality time at home.

Lots of Love
Dawn
xxx

princess18

Hi Kate,

I just wanted to send you a cyber hug ((((((((((o)))))))))) and let you know I am thinking of you and really hope that the next treatment helps you massively,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate

I've only recently joined the site, since my mum was diagnosed with bone mets a few weeks ago. I've been following your threads though and you were one of the first to respond to my question, even though you are having such a difficult time. I really really hope the treatment helps - my very best wishes to you and your family.

Lynn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate

just to say and echo others comments, hope they sort somethin out that makes you feel better and stronger so you get to spend some good times with the kids and your family this summer, thinkin of you, you are a very inspirational lady.......

Rachel xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Kate - Hopefully this stay in hospital/hospice will sort you to be able to enjoy the summer. Thinking of you and hope that you are back home as soon as possibe. The guestbooks and forums aren't the same without you! Take Care - Geraldine

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I just googled dippykateblog and I found it more good luck than good management.

Love Debsxxx

RoadRunner

Dear Kate,

I have followed many of your posts (tho' not the gobby gang as I've never thought of myself as a 'younger woman'), and am in awe of your strength in dealing with all you have had to go through. I think I am a similar age to you (I am 45) and I too have three children, though mine are all teenagers. I cannot begin to imagine being in your position. I truly hope that your current treatment does what you hope it will do, and that you can have a good summer with your children.

I often think of you.

xx

Can someone please direct me to Kate's blog?

Guest user
Not applicable

What a good idea!
Kate I sent you what I thought was a private message but as I am crap with computers the whole of the forum was able to see it. So maybe our spare rooms will be taken all the summer hols! The offer was made with a glad heart so as soon as you are able just let us know.
Sorry to hear you are in hospital I always check out Gobby Gang and likewise have laughed and cried never contributed as I am over the hill at 57!
Take care Kate hope the rads are not to bloody horrible if you have to start taxol ask if avastin would be of any use to you.

Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Kate, although you don't know me, I often look on this thread to see how you are getting on. Wishing you well and hope that they can sort out some treatment plan that will give you the time you so wanted to be with your lovely children this summer.

We are all thinking of you at this difficult time.

Hugs

Birgit

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate,
Like many others on this forum I have laughed and cried following your exploits throughout this journey.You show positivity and guts and give out so much strength to others, when you are unwell yourself. I wish you and your family peace and the knowledge that you are in good hands.Keep fighting dear Kate,we are all behind you.

Mary
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kate

Hope you have a good rest and get some strength back - let them look after you. I hope you get everything you need and you are well enough to enjoy your family visits. We are all thinking of you and sending our love.

Jo xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Kate,
Your blog is the first thing I look for each morning when I turn on my pc.
Secondly I look out for you on this site.
I'm hopeless at words but I just wanted to say I think you are one hell of a lady, and my thoughts are with you.
Linda x

Guest user
Not applicable

For Kate

Kate you have made me laugh with all your funny stories over the last couple of years, I was booked to come on the Younger Women's Forum back in 2006 when you and the Gobby Gang all met up, unfortunately couldn't come as had to have chemo on the day of forum, but I would have loved to have met you as you sound a real character!!!

I hope you get to spend some quality time with your family without the pressure of trying to run a family home etc............

Take care you brave girl

Clare
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I too would like to add how inspirational I think Kate is and how I am sure I would not be like her in her circumstances, I am sure I would have succomed (spelloing)? a long time ago. I am praying that Kate will get the time with her children that she so deserves. I have been praying for her healing but know that it isn't always to be. I do think she is a wonderfully brave person.

JosieR

Thanks for starting this thread Ruth. Any problems that I may have seem so small in comparison to what you have had to endure, Kate. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time and I hope that your medical team are able to make things more comfortable for you. You are one inspirational lady and my heart goes out to you and your young family. Sending you a great bit hug.

Jo x

ForumMember

What a good idea Ruth. As Jules says, Kate is a really special lady and so many of us are thinking of her and have been following her postings.
So Kate, this is for you, to say that I am thinking of you, and wish you a period of peace and calm, and one when hopefully you feel more comfortable than you have been recently. I hope that you are getting wonderful care and are able to enjoy precious times with your children and your family. Thinking of you with love and a hug coming all the way from Australia - Sarah xx

ForumMember

I would like to second this. Whenever I came onto the forums there were two threads I would make sure I read, The Gobby Gang (about Dippykate) and also the threads about dear dear Lisa.

Kate you are such a courageous lady. And I pray that you get the time that you and your little ones so rightly deserve to make lots of special memories.

You have such dignity, and I know I certainly could not be as brave as you. You are such an inspirational lady.

Hugs and prayers.

Love Jules xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Messages for DippyKate

I hope you dont mind me starting this thread but it seems so many of us read kates blog and her postings on BCC. she is one fantastic person who is open and honest and shares everything with us.
I thought it would be nice if we could post some messages for her on this thread and then one of the gobby gang or her friends who visit her in hosp can print it out and give it to her. I am sure she would appreciate it.
I will start and just say hugs and prayers for you kate that the treatment will give you more time with your precious kids, and the hospice will be a place where you can be looked after and treated well.

Ruthx