Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metaplastic Breast Cancer

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Metaplastic Breast Cancer

Thanks xxx

Sunfish congratulations on completing your treatment.  As far as your mental health is concerned it will take a while to get over what you've been through.  At first you will find yourself waking up every morning and thinking I've had cancer but I promise you as time goes by you find yourself thinking about cancer less and less.  As for forgetting words both myself and a work colleague keep moaning about this and I find my attention is definitely worse since chemo.  Be kind to yourself and allow time to recover, the aches and pains will ease.  Good luck for the future. X

Well I  had 3 EC and 4 paclitaxel that finished in August. Then had 3 weeks of radiotherapy followed by 1 week of proton boost. I'm now on a phased in return to work. I feel tired and have a few aches but not too bad. I just have to watch my mental health, which is ok for most of the time. I'm finding that I forget words which is frustrating. 

Big hugs to my metaplastic sisters

Cx 

@Sodastream wrote:

Hi Camilla so glad to hear you got clear margins.  What a lucky escape you had (although you probably don't feel like that at the moment) as I also had squamous metaplastic and it was so aggressive growing very fast.  There is a metaplastic Facebook group that is worth joining as they have polls on what chemo people had for the different types.  I had FEC-T and the FEC part worked brilliantly however I only had 2 out of the 4 doxetaxol as the tumour started growing again.  That being said I'm living a completely normal life again 3 years on from diagnosis.

good luck and let us know what the next plan of action is for you. X

@Sunfish wrote:

I had my follow up appointment this morning from surgery and the good news is that the margins are clear and it hasn't spread to my lymph nodes. I was also told that I have Squamous Breast cancer so I'm even more rare at 0.1%. I have to go back next week for another appointment with the oncologist as he want to research and look at the pathology in more detail, plus he's ordered a full CT body scan to check me out. So no further with the treatment plan so far but feel more positive than I did before the appointment!

Camilla

Hi Camilla so glad to hear you got clear margins.  What a lucky escape you had (although you probably don't feel like that at the moment) as I also had squamous metaplastic and it was so aggressive growing very fast.  There is a metaplastic Facebook group that is worth joining as they have polls on what chemo people had for the different types.  I had FEC-T and the FEC part worked brilliantly however I only had 2 out of the 4 doxetaxol as the tumour started growing again.  That being said I'm living a completely normal life again 3 years on from diagnosis.

good luck and let us know what the next plan of action is for you. X

@Sunfish wrote:

I had my follow up appointment this morning from surgery and the good news is that the margins are clear and it hasn't spread to my lymph nodes. I was also told that I have Squamous Breast cancer so I'm even more rare at 0.1%. I have to go back next week for another appointment with the oncologist as he want to research and look at the pathology in more detail, plus he's ordered a full CT body scan to check me out. So no further with the treatment plan so far but feel more positive than I did before the appointment!

Camilla

Camilla

Hi Mazzer

I was diagnosed as TN with MPBC at the end of February. I had a WLE 2 weeks ago and tomorrow I have my follow up appointment with the surgeon and oncologist. Getting stressed. Mine was found due to being called for an early  Mammogram at the start of February. I am also waiting for my BRCA testing results as I am under 50 (only just). 

Camilla x

Hi Mazzer I was diagnosed in January 2015 with Metaplastic Breast .Cancer. I'm in remission ( two years now). If you want to chat give me a buzz on here. 🙂

Hi Marion

sorry to hear that you're going through this.  I was diagnosed with Metaplastic BC in April 2014.  It came out of nowhere and grew extremely fast.  I had FEC-T chemo.  I had 4 FEC which shrank my tumour from 6.5cm to 1cm and was supposed to have 4 Doxetaxol but the tumour started growing again so after 2 cycles I had a mastectomy followed by radiotherapy.  I've just had a TUG reconstruction which I am delighted with.  I'm glad you've joined the Facebook group where you will find lots of ladies like me doing well after treatment.  Good luck with your treatment and feel free to message me if you want to talk. X

Hi Jenny

Sorry I have just found your reply and thank you for that!

Yes I have just joined the group and looked at their newly designed website Metaplastic Breast Cancer Foundation which has been useful.  My MBC has a spindle cell component.

I have just found our that I have been offered FEC-T chemo that will start shortly followed by radiotherapy.  I'm having 6 cycles over 18 weeks.  What chemo are you having and how is it going?  Did you have surgery first?

Marian x

Hi Mazzer,

I was diagnosed last year in July with Metaplastic breast cancer.  Only 1% of all breast cancers are metaplastic, so it is very rare.  I am currently undergoing chemotherapy to be followed by three weeks radiotherapy.  There is very little on the internet about MBC but there is a very useful facebook group based in America and there is lots of encouragement and support on it, you may find it helpful.

Good luck with your treatment.

Love Jenny 

hi mazzer,
Welcome to the forum, but sorry you find yourself here.
I might be an idea to post in the 'Diagnosed with Breast Cancer' section in the 'Iam newly diagnosed' board on the home page.
There is loads of support from others at the similar stage to yourself, even if not your diagnosis.
do take care
ann x

Metaplastic Breast Cancer

Hi there I've just been diagnosed with metaplastic breast cancer and wondered whether anyone has had the same diagnosis? There seems to be little information about this rare cancer and it would be nice to chat to someone who has been through this. Thanks