cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcalcifications

5 REPLIES 5
mcgle

Re: Microcalcifications

--- Thanks for your reply, Justine. Good to hear that your mum is doing well, though I appreciate it must be a huge worry for you, with so much breast cancer in the family. But there was none in mine, and I still got it; there seems to be no rhyme or reason for this insidious disease!

Guest user
Not applicable

hi I\'m sorry you\'ve not had many replies yet. My mum was diagnosed with dcis in 2003. She is doing really well now, didn\'t have chemo, and no tamoxifem.
Because our cancer is genetic (mum\'s sisters both had bc) she opted for a bilateral mastectomy reducing her risk factor from 80+% to less than 10% of a recurrence. Hopefully you\'ll get more replies soon.

If I can help with anything please let me know

best wishes
Justine

mcgle

--- By the way, my DCIS measured about 2.5 cms from which there was about 1 cm of invasion, with no vascular or lymph node involvement.

mcgle

Long-term survival My oncologist told me that chemo was not necessary, as it would give me an almost 0% improvement in my overall survival. So am on Tamoxifen, and will be starting radio shortly.

Are there any cancer-free, long-term survivors out there who did not receive chemo? I would find this knowledge most reassuring!

Community Manager

Microcalcifications I have moved this post so that it can be more easily seen.
Kind regards
BCC Moderator

Microcalcifications posted on 8.02.06 7:09 pm
mcgle

Hello

I read somewhere that tumours which express microcalcifications (and I had a lot!) are more likely to come back, though my oncologist could not say one way or the other. Anyone heard of this?

Community Manager

Microcalcifications

Microcalcifications