Misdiagnosis, complaints, litigation etc.

Moderator/BCC

I guess I am the spokesperson …

Is it possible to have a new header please for misdiagnosis and another for complaints.

It is felt that both of these warrant separate headers otherwise the benefit of other people’s experience and advice will just get lost in inappropriate threads.

Thanks

I agree, this would be a good section

Hi Dahlia

I am 100% behind you here. It’s a complicated business and it would be great to help one another.

Jeannie

bump

Bump …

The alternative is a Google Group if someone has the time to start it up and keep it going.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

Does anyone know of any direct links between Implanon contraceptive implants and breast tumours?

Just to say that I would be careful about discussing such things on an open forum. I know that the breast consultant I had problems with reads this forum “to see what women worry about” - yeah, right!

x

Dear forum users

We are looking into having various new categories, as suggested by different forum posters. The categories of complaints and misdiagnosis will be discussed along with the other suggestions. We hope to have a decision by end of next week.

Best wishes to you all

Poppy

Can anyone tell me if BCC have answered this question. I noticed another heading for misdiagnosis tonight and was wondering what the outcome was with regards to have a new category for this.

Many thanks.

Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

Thanks for your post. I will query whether a decision has been made re additional forum categories and we will get back to you - sorry for the delay.

Kind regards,
Kate, BCC Facilitator

Hi Kate,

So, has any decision been made?

Sue

Hello

As instigator, I am particularly interested in this.

I do not care if surgeons/doctors look in - those who eavesdrop never hear any good of themselves. That is why we need a thread on which to share advice on complaints!

I am going through two complainst right now and a 3rd may just be around the corner. I need help/advice and I need other people to share their experience and encourage other women to complain about late diagnoses and misdiagnoses otherwise “they” will keep on doing it!

The late Jane Andrews made sure her original consultant would not fob other women off in the way he did with her - his lack of care might have cost her several years.

Please BCC get on with it and if we can run a thread then tell us what constraints we will have.

Any decision yet?

Dear Poppy/Kate

I also would like to hear for you with regards a decision. I’ve noticed some very interesting comments on the website tonight with regards to delayed diagnoses. Please, can you give this matter priority as it has been going on for some time now.

Many thanks.

Jeannie

since everyone writes from their own experience what is this delay about? Bcc cannot be held responsible.
It may be that it is feared not supportive but for the women who want to write about this, it is the support that they are requesting

Dear Persistent2

The reason I ask is that in Oct 2009 BCC said they were looking at having various new categories. A category for complaints and misdiagnosis was suggested and they said they would get back to us shortly. This hasn’t happened yet.

Whilst support is important, it is the procedure I would be interested in helping others with. If it weren’t for two ladies on this site, I would not be where I am today. I am most grateful as at the time I was lonely and thought I was the only one who had suffered the pain of being misdiagnosed. However, the procedure is long and complicated - I’m still working through it four years later. A separate category would save this subject being raised under many other categories, with much of it being missed, and only those interested in misdiagnosis etc need read it. It would also be much more helpful to anyone wanting to take matters further.

Best regards.

Jeannie

Hi all

We know people feel strongly about this topic and we are looking into the technical and legal issues to make sure we can run the thread responsibly before we can launch it.

Kind regards.

Louise
Facilitator

Hi Louise,

When are you likely to make a decision?

Best wishes,

Sue

Hi Louise

I would also please like to know when a decision is to be made regarding this.

Kind regards

Ann

Hi everyone

It will probably be at least a couple of weeks - there’s quite a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make sure we get this right. We haven’t forgotten, I promise!

best wishes
Leah
BCC Community & Social Media Manager