Mondor's Disease - Benign Condition?

I was recently diagnised with Mondor’s Thrombosis of left breast.  I am a 66  year old female breast cancer survivor.  About 1.5 years ago I began to have significant pain in my left breast (had mastectomy on right side 18 years ago due to invasive ductile carcinoma).  I have seen several doctors, including a breast surgeon.  I finally got a diagnosis two weeks ago but am really struggling with pain. I have trouble sleeping on my left side.  I was told to take 325 mg asprin 2X daily and apply heat to the left breast at least one hour per day.  I am to see the doctor again in about 3 weeks for follow up.  I have done a lot of research on the internet to find out the history of this condition.  Apparently VERY little is known.  Everything I read says that this condition resolves itself after several weeks.  Since I have had the pain for over a year, I am wondering if something else is going on?

Thanks for any responses.

Hi Susan,sorry you have received a reply to your post.May be worth asking your question in the ask the nurses section of the site .Jill.