Monitoring Programme due to family history

Due to my family history of breast cancer (mother, sister, aunt) I have been having annual breast screenings as part of a monitorig programme. I am naturally very grateful to be having this, however, the hospital I have to go to is very difficult for me to get to and now they have just moved the breast screening department to a different part of the hosital which makes it even more diffifult for me.
This morning I recieved a letter from the NHS saying that they have reduced the qualifying age for routine screening to 47 in my area (I am 49) and I have been sent an appointment to attend as part of this process. This screening is at a mobile unit in my village and will therefore be much much easier for me to attend. This screening is offered every three years I believe.
Am I right in thinking that my annual monitoring programme will automatically reduce to every three years anyway once I am 50. I am sure that is something my consultant mentioned at a past appointment. If that is he case then I am thinking that I may as well take up the appointment that is at mobile screening unit as the frequency will soon be the same regardless of which hospital I go to. I have tried to contact my consultant but without success. Just wondered if anyone knew usually happened if on a monitoring programme.
Many thanks

Hi j2140b

I’m sorry no one has come forward with any replies to your post yet.

Our Helpline may be able to help with some information and support. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000. Calls are free and confidential.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi j2140b

your screening should revert to 3 yearly when you are fifty if your classed as moderate risk and this i usually when there are 3 members of your family or less affected with bc.

i think the actually nhs screening is taking over some of the family history ladies in england but i think its only high risk ladies like brca carriers and not moderate risk ladies.

hope you get i sorted out.