8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Monthly Zoladex injection!

Glad you're OK. It's not much fun, but you get used to it x

Highlighted

Thanks Sue C and Keelybelle

I had my first jab this afternoon and I had got myself a little worked up I must say! 😞  However I had used the Emla cream an hour beforehand and I am very happy to report that it was painless! 🙂 🙂   Was feeling a bit more fragile than normal 😮

Thanks!

MM

xx

Highlighted

I've been having them since October. Not sure if dosage varies though.

My practice nurse is very good and my most recent one I didn't feel at all.

If you apply the cream they'll inject there. Below the belly button to the side slightly. Just remember to apply cream to the opposite side next time.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes its in the tummy. Alternate each month between left and right side, below the belly button. I had to goggle it before I had mine because no one told me either!

Highlighted

Hi again Sue C

Where do they normally give you the injection, is it the tummy?  Have managed to find some Emla cream but it's a tiny little tube so not knowing for sure the presise area to be jabbed I may have to wait and use it next time and perhaps go without tomorrow! 😮

MM

xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

You can get it on prescription. Its called Emla cream which you need to put on an hour beforehand and then cover it with a clear bandage, which you can also buy at the chemist or failing that, clingfilm!

Good luck x

Highlighted

Thanks Sue

Will nip to chemist later and maybe in future will try and get something on prescription if I'm lucky.

MM

xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Yes I think its just a standard dose. Would recommend getting some cream to numb the area as it can hurt abit.

Sue x

Highlighted

Monthly Zoladex injection!

Hello

I am due to start having monthly Zoladex injections as of tomorrow 😮 

Apparently no dose has been stated in the letter, just that it is monthly Zoladex.  Are there variable doses for the monthly injection or is it just a standard dose? Do you know?

Also, would it be recommended to have a numbing cream/spray on beforehand?  Or not necessary?

Thanks in advance

MM