370111posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More mature post menopausal women

chrissy16

Re: More mature post menopausal women

Well done! I had same diagnosis as you, I am 65, but no chemo. Coming up to third year soon.......I still get fatigue and yes, aching joints etc. but plodding on. Take care. X. Chris

poemsgalore

Katy

Congratulations, I have mine in January. This Friday is the anniversary of my triple assessment and November 1st is the anniversary of my DX. I'm becoming rather reflective about the whole thing. OH says I should forget all about it!! Easy for him to say.

pg xx

Kayteeb53

I too could not find this thread since was moved. Just had my first mammogram since treatment and it was confirmed that there was no recurrence of disease! Phew!
Hope all are as well as can be and welcome

K X
Jenifer

poemsgalore - I'm doing OK, 5 years now since diagnosis. Finishing anastrozole soon - not sure how I feel about that, but looking forward to not having the side effects!

Celebrate your 'anniversary' - it's an important milestone.Smiley Happy

Lucy - if you can move the thread that would be great. Thanks.Woman Happy

poemsgalore

Hi Macie,

Good to hear from you, although your story certainly isn't straight forward and you have gone through a lot. But I'm glad you finally found an onco that listened to you. 

I'm 62, and I've been pretty fortunate - so far - that my medics have taken me seriously. Even when I had a mad moment after finishing chemo I told my onco that I could feel lumps in my remaining breast and pain on pressing. She sent me off for US which found nothing. The pain was coming from my ribs, but I wasn't fobbed off at all. 

I don't know how you feel, but it has been suggested that this thread should be in the 'Talking to people like me' section, so if we ever go 'missing', look in there as we might be moved by request.

Come and let off steam whenever you need to.

poemsgalore xx

Macie40

Hi my name is Macie I am 73 yrs old and was first dx in 2007(67) I then wanted a MX but i was talked out of it much to my regret by the Onc so I had WLE&SNB with clear margins and went on to have radiotherapy.and Arimadex for 5 yrs.

After 2 yrs I new that there was something wrong and continually asked for investigations only to be told it was just me being anxious (long story).In 2012 Jan i finally saw a different Onc who took me seriously and I had a mammogram & U/S that were negative so he ordered a Nuclear Bone Scan which showed a soft tissue mass in the chest wall and secondaries in the sternum.

I went to see surgeon at royal brompton hosp with a view of removal of sternum bone and reconstruction but decided against it as to risky an op at my age 10 hr operation with 2 teams of surgeons.I opted for the offer of Cyber Knife treatment which I had successfully last November but have now developed what i am told is fat necrosis DX by U/S 3 weeks ago.Has anybody else had this problem.I should add that I had Taxol first and then Epirubicin before I had the C/N both had very bad reactions so was taken off them after 12 doses of tax and 4epirubicin and then had the C/K

I am on Exemestane although I am supposedy TN now with a low ER+2  but they say it might help and to give it a go until I have my next scan early in Dec (can't wait).

I read all the different posts and threads with great interest and follow a number of your journeys and find you all so incredibly brave and up beat and I gain strengh from this forum and hope now that I have found it I will take part more I did find it a while ago but when everything changed I lost it.

Well thankyou for letting me let of steam and I do hope every one else's treatment is going well and being kind to you all

Macie x x

Lucy_BCC

Hi all
I will leave a message for Monday to see if we can as the options I have only allow me to add to headings already in the Talking to people like me area, shouldn't be a problem though

Best wiehs
Lucy

poemsgalore

It might, maybe we should ask the 'mods' if we could have it moved there??

How are things Jenifer? I am getting close to my 'anniversary' of being DX last November 1st. So it's a bit of a twitchy time at the moment.

poemsgalore xx

Jenifer

Maybe this thread would have been easier to find if it had been located in the Talking to People Like Me section?

That's where the Younger Women threads are.

poemsgalore

Bumping this thread up again for any newcomers to find. 

We must keep it active, or we may 'lose' it among the other threads again. xx

poemsgalore

Hi, I've been looking all over for this thread. Almost started a new one, but it seems it hasn't been visited for a while, so I'm bumping it up in case others want to post on it.

poemsgalore (62)

jf64

I have only just found this thread! Iam 64 and was dx last October 2012 with stage one grade three triple negative tumour. Had WLE with clear margins, SNB negative, 6 x FEC plus 15 rads. I can't have any drugs as they won't work with TNBC so it's fingers crossed that it won't come back. Am still coping with fatigue and aching joints although this could well be be down to my age!
i am married with one daughter and have a three month old grandaughter, so huge incentive to get through this. Am alarmed at fact that several of you ladies have had recurrences so long after first dx. This is an awful disease. There's is BC in our family but not TNBC. Daughter is already seeing a breast surgeon due to symptoms but all ok so far. So sorry to hear of other daughters with BC, am appalled at so many young women suffering now, seems to be almost am epidemic these days.
take care all.
Jac.u
Annie62

As well as bumping this for Maggie, I'd like to say it's great to have a thread for us older women (I'm 62), as although diagnosis and some treatments seem to be the same for all ages, different age groups do have their own problems as well as the usual ones.
I must say I was surprised at how many younger women there are on this site - I do think screening should be available on the NHS for young women, just as smear tests are. It would save a lot of heartache.
Annie x
Madjock

Good evening ladies
Been a while since I've been on here, I'm still trying to catch up on last year's unfinished work, getting there.
I have been taking anastrazole/arimidex for 6 months now, didn't think I had any problems. No particular aches and pains - well no more than usual for a 66 year old. I had a call from my gp today to collect a prescription hadn't a clue why as I didn't request anything. Picked up the prescription to find that the hospital had written to the gp (without copying me in) asking gp to prescribe colecalciferol 20,000, once weekly dosage, for 12 weeks as my vitamin D had fallen to deficiency level (18.6nmol/L). Has anyone else had this problem while on arimidex and what was the outcome/did you have any symptoms, I'm inclined to ignore things hoping they will go away, did the vitamin level rise again? I feel fine, energy levels seem to be back to norm, although I have the occasional off day but then I'm not getting any younger and OH isn't improving in fact he was round at gp last week and gp told OH that he has patients like him who are virtually housebound. He's managed to have two falls this week - hospital still don't know what's wrong with him, they can tell what it isn't but not what it is! This of course means that I'm doing my best impression of a blue tailed fly most days and maybe I've just not had time to notice any symptoms.
Any information greatly appreciated.
Maggie

susanmary

Have not read these posts for a little while. Welcome to Ann W and Trisha51.
Had a bleep? at w/e, with abdo pain. I saw on call Dr and he said it is my gall bladder. Pain relieved by strong analgesia but still have discomfort. Seeing oncologist tomorrow to discuss scan and having last Taxol next week. On low fat diet to try and prevent any more attacks, it was very painful.
Recent MRI showed I have had a good response to chemo, so pleased. The BCN explained the wire insertion to me.
Next step surgery, just want to get it over with now.
My hair is starting to grow, not much but its started.
BTW Pat, my OH used to work at Jimmys and I worked at the LGI, we are no longer up there though as moved south with OHs job.
Taker care everyone
Susanmary x
Kayteeb53

Hi Jenanne. I am fine with it, bit of a dry mouth but no joint problems. I take it t bedtime, don't know whether that helps. Occasional hot flush but again nothing to worry about.
i am ER+ but not HER2+. ONC gave me a sheet with lots of info on it about Arimidex, which is the brand name but my chemist supplies Anastrozole.
hope this helps and you are as lucky with your tablets as I am
kay x
jenanne

Kay, how are you getting on with anastrazole? I've got rads starting on 29th and I continue with herceptin. After rads they will put me on an aromatase inhibitor again (ER+ and HER2+). I will be seeing onc. next Monday so will ask him which one he's putting me on - probably exemestane (Aromasin).
Kayteeb53

Welcome Pat, I'm pretty much the same as you. N glad you are through the worst of it! Anastrozole for me too, phew!
Trisha_51

Hello again, just realised forgot to say I'm on anastrozole for 5 years - how could I forget that - plunged me back into hot flushes with a vengeance. Very supportive OH of 40 years in Aug reckons I'm not forgetful just generally puddled. Pat x
Trisha_51

Hi Ladies, I'm Pat age 61 from near Huddersfield. Diagnosed Jan '13, WLE, SNB - all clear, 8mm lump - clear margins first time, no chemo just finished 15 rads at Jimmy's Leeds ( fantastic Institute of Oncology, brilliant staff & care ). Know I've got off very lightly from reading others posts, you are all so strong and inspirational and your stories and information have helped me greatly. Thank you all so much. Pat xx
Ann_W

Hi ladies
Glad I came accross this thread for older mature woman
I am 69 yrs young and had WLE and SLB nodes were clear so were margins on 51mm lump Told I didnt need chemo (as only 3% benefit ) so at my age wasnt worth it. Have to go for a CT scan on Wed and then 15 rad treatments also have to take Letrozole for 5yrs My right booby is still rather tender and stinging after op 4wks ago. So now not looking forward to it being sore for another 4 or 5 wks but I suppose I should not grumble cos I believe I got off very lightly compared to most of you. Thanks to reading all your comments I at least know what to expect or think I do.
ANN W
susanmary

Hi Ladies,
We are getting there!
I now have 3 more weeks of Taxol to go, and now have an op date-(9th May).
My surgeon is not the most communicative man but he is a good surgeon. I will have to ask the BCN some questions. Does any one know why I will have a wire inserted before op, My tumour has already had a marker inserted and I am having axillary clearance.
Still waiting for some better weather.
I recommend going to a The Look good feel better session if you can, I really enjoyed it.
xx
Border_Collies

Evening all
Now 3.5 weekspost FECx6 and feeling good. Only side effects I have left is a dry mouth and sore eyes. Obviously my mucous membranes have suffered due to chemo.
Had my third rad today and found it a breeze compared to chemo. Hair is much thinner than I like but is still there and my new hair is coming through and filling in the thin places. It looks like it is coming through blonde like the rest of my hair - there again it's hard to tell and it could be silver but at least it's there.
Hope everyone else is doing ok whether on Chemo or rads. We're getting there ladies and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
jenanne

Hello All,
I had my last TCH chemo yesterday, hooray! 15 rads to start on 29th April. I will be on herceptin for a year- however I'm now starting to plan a bit to enjoy myself once I get over rads tiredness,etc. I am hoping to go to the Hereford Haven centre at the end of June for some reiki/tai chi and also meeting some of the ladies from the Benchland thread in Morecambe in early August. I can't wait to go swimming again,too. And of course it'll be SO good to get out and about again with my children/family.
Jen x
Border_Collies

Jeanne63 Hi. I've only just noticed your reply to my earlier post. Personally I don't think you should be feeling sick at all. I had no sickness until FEC4. I was given the usual Domperdone anti sicknes drugs plus the anti sickness they put in your infusion before they give the chemo drugs. Had FEC4 and within about five hours I was throwing up repeadedly, and what is more I notice that I wasn't pawsing very much urine at all. This is dangerous because it can damage the kidneys. I rang the chemo nurse and she prescribed cyclizine anti sickness to be taken with the others and I have never been or felt sick since. I also suffered oral thrush which got worse after each session and that was treated first with nystatin and when that didn't work was put on fluconzole wwhich was much better. Just report every side efect and if necessary, demand, the appropriate medication. I was being treated privately and was given just about everything I required without asking, including Neulasta injection, but if you are on the NHS they do seem to drag their heels with "cost" in mind, but if you make a bit of a fuss you should get what you want. Even your GP may help.

As to the cold capping. My advice is to keep on using the cap even though your hair has thinned. Ask the nurses to put a piece of gauze across the baldy areas to form a barrier between your scalp and the cap, or alternative if they can find you one, a surgeoen's paper cap. You could even use kitchen roll but it would have to be something like "Plenty" that doesn't dissolve in water. By continuing to use the cap you are still protecting your hair follicles and so your hair should regrow quicker. I've finished FECx6 now and still have hair - haven't had to wear a wig as yet although it is still shedding 2 weeks post chemo. I, like you have some thin areas right on top of my head, but I use creative comb overs to disguise those, plus half a can of hair spray to stop the wind blowing it up!!

Personally I would try not to wear a wig because they are rather harsh on your remaining hair. Maybe a little gypsy type scarf or small hat with bits of hair poking out around the edge would do the trick. Even a wide hairband if your hair is long enough for it to go under the back hair. Whatever you do keep on with the cold cap even if the nurses say your hair is too thin. Say you want to use some gauze or similar as a barrier to protect your scalp (as I did) and go with it. After all it is your hair and your decision. My nurses left it up to me what I did but some NHS nurses are a bit anti the cold cap anyway as it makes more work for them and takes longer. If they try to persuade you to stop it will be in their interests to do so, not yours. You make the decision.
I wish you the very best of luck with the remainder of your treatment and especial good luck with your hair. Keeping some hair makes you feel much more normal and it will grow back more quickly.
Love to all still undergoing their poisoning!!
susanmary

Hope you are all doing okay and getting through whatever stage you are at with not too many problems.
Really would like to see some good weather, but seems like we will have to wait for it.
Having a break from chemo today as feel unwell, hopefully I will have abit more energy for Easter and the family visit.
I have booked A Look Good, Feel Better session next week. looking forward to it.
Jennifer, I had FEC x6 and lost my hair despite cold cap, used to wearing cap or wig now but hated it at first. I got through it as I am sure you will, try to take a day at a time and rest when you need to. Hope you are getting on okay Angela. I made soup and extra meals on my good days, so there was something in the freezer to eat when I did not feel like cooking.
Take care
xxx
Kayteeb53

Hi Jennifer, I was on FECas well and am now finished my six sessions. I have moved onto radiotherapy, today will be my 11th session. The time is going by really quickly. my breast looks sunburnt and feels sore, but nothing like as bad as chemo.
i found that the effects of FEC were cumulative and I was quite poorly on the last one, but I had a lung infection.
I also had thin hair so did not bother with the cold cap, I have fine white fluff on my head so wear my wig whenever I go out.
hang in there, it's rubbish but do-able. Rest whenever you need to, sometimes I used o have to lie down after going upstairs!
kay x
Jennifer63

Hi Border Collies
Just come across your post. I'm 64 and am due my 3rd FEC on the 26th March. I am also to have 15 rads but have no date yet.
Up to now my side effects are quite poorly on the 3rd night of my treatment and 4th day. Bit like bad flu, but feeling sick and can't sleep for two nights.
You gave me inspiration because I am also using the cold cap but have found my hair has thinned quite a lot so I still have to wear my wig to go out. But my hair was quite fine anyway.
Any more tips would be appreciated.
Jennifer x
jenanne

T(taxotere) C(cyclophosphamide) H(herceptin) x 4 then rads, then I yr. Herceptin.
Hello All! I am on day 5 after 3rd. TCH and doing fine! Had no reaction to treatment and minimal SE's so far. Hope you are all doing OK.
Jen x
Border_Collies

Hi Angela - I'm 68 and like you have a wonderfully supportive husband and two equally supportive children and I know that with them getting through this would be muc h more difficult for me.

I was diagnosed last November - had lumpectomy, 1.5mm tumour with clear margins and no node involvement. However I was advised to have chemo just in case any stray cells had escaped into the blood stream, and the chem was to be followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy.

I have just had my 5th session of chemo which is known as FEC and I have to say it hasn't been as bad as I imagined it would be. All my side effects, once reported, have been controlled by my oncologist and now I have just one more FEC to go and I start Rads on 3rd April for 15 sessions.

I used the cold cap as I was *(and still am) completely paranoid about losing my hair which has always been my crowning glory - thick natural blonde hair and at my age you can't afford to lose your best asset! Well my best asset is not so thick now as you will find that your hair does thin even with the cold cap, but I still have a complete covering of hair and I don't look like a cancer patient. I'm quite a private person and apart from my immediate family and a couple of very close friends I haven't told anyone that I have cancer kso keeping my hair has allowed my to keep my secret and my dignity. If you hadn't met me previously you'd nev er know that anything had happened to my hair. Fingers crossed it manages to hang in there for my final session in two weeks time.

My main advice to you is don't suffer in silence. Tell your oncology team about every side effect you are having and they will provide the necessary medication for it. Also keep well hydrated - lots and lots of water. I'm fortunate enough to be being treated privately and I haven't had to ask for a thing but on reading the posts from other ladies who are using the NHS it seems if you don't ask you don't get.

Good luck to you with your treatment. The waiting is the worst. Once you get started you start to feel a bit more in control and although unpleasant, it's certainly doable.
Lola65

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry you find yourself in this position, and being in the Waiting Room is the worst place to be. All those questions, the "what ifs", and the fear of the unknown. Its awful. I was diagnosed end of December, lumpectomy and SNB in January, and a cavity shave yesterday to get a bigger margin. I see my Oncologist on 5th March and will be starting chemo soon after that. I have known since my biopsy results that I will be having chemo as I was grade 3 and HER2+++.

If you have a browse through the threads on this forum you will find that someone usually starts a new thread each month for the ladies starting chemo that month. Because I initially thought I would be starting chemo in February I joined the February Valentines group, and although I will now be a late March starter I am staying with the February ladies. Every day the ladies post about how they are feeling that day, the side effects, and what they are doing to help themselves. Perhaps you could find the February Valentines thread and browse through it - there is an awful lot of information, tips and tricks. You may even decided to join in - there are 2 or 3 of us starting in March.

xx
hazelmary

I am sure you will get lots of advice but I had Fec nearly 10 years ago and still NED, was 46 at the time. I had my hair cut quite short(well very short actually!) and did have the cold cap whick worked apart from the crown where the cold cap didn't quite get to but it looked okay.
Everyone is different but I drank loads and loads of water, tried to go for a walk every day after the initial few days after FEC. I had my FEC in the morning at Mount Vernon, returned to Biggleswade, a long drive I know and went straight to bed till teatime when I got up and had my evening meal. If I wanted to do a bit of housework I did, if I didn't it didn't matter but I always had a lay down in the afternoon.
On the day of my first FEC I got quite emotional and was taken to see a lady who was on no 4 FEC and who was able to travel into London everyday to work etc etc and I believed I would be the same. WRONG! I was okay and managed very well but everyone is different and take treatments differently, it doesn't mean we are any weaker than the next person. I stayed off work for 7 months because that was right for me.
So my advice is go with the flow, don't push yourself, drink plenty of water, have loads of homemade soup, get some fresh air each day!
Take care
Hazel

AngelaG

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and to all the treatments. I'm 64 with a wonderfully supportive husband, 2 children and 5 grandchildren aged from 18 to 2. I was diagnosed in the 2nd week of January, lumpectomy on 5th February which removed 2 cancers 40mm & 50mm. My lymph nodes are clear thankfully as was the tissue around the tumours. I managed to cope emotionally til my consultant greeted me with "well i have mostly good news for you"!! He told me all the good news, that the cancer was removed etc but I was waiting for the "bad" part of course. As it happens i have to have chemo (FEC) in 2 weeks because the cancers were upgraded from 2 to 3, as well as radiotherapy and hormone treatment. However I understand that it's more a precautionary measure. That doesn't mean to say i'm not nervous about the possible hair loss and other side effects. I am offered cold cap I think.
Do any of you have advice on preparing for the treatments and side effects?
I hope everything is going well for you all
blessings
Angela
susanmary

Hi jenanne. I first felt tightness in the front of my chest this then was like a band of tightness around whole of chest area. As I said the herpceptin was stopped and completed without further problems. It happened about 10 minutes after starting the drug. I was also nervous and later wondered if my anxiety caused the reaction.
Try not to worry I am sure you will be fine.
I do not see my granddaughters ( 5 amd 2) as often as I would like either, although they are only two hours away in Wiltshire.
Susan xx
jenanne

Hello Susan and thankyou for good wishes! Glad you got out with your granddaughters... I expect they love you to be there. I have 3 granddaughters (9,7 and 4) and love seeing them, although it's not as often as I'd like because they live in Surrey and I'm in Wales.
I was given extra pyriton on 1st. TCH - I expect they'll give me it again, because I'm so nervous about possible 'reaction'.
You said you had chest discomfort on 1st Herceptin - what was that like and when did it occur??
susanmary

Hi jenanne, just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. I have also heard that you are most likely to react to the herceptin on the 1st and 2nd doses.
I had my 4th Taxol yestersday all straight forward which makes a change for me.
I went to see my grand daughters ballet show at the w/e and found it very tiring, but would not have missed it. We had a birthday tea afterwards for grand daughter no 2. I was very tired on Monday, so just rested.
I hope everyone else is doing well.
susan xx
jenanne

Hi Susan - I am having Tax 2/Herceptin together on 21st - the first treatment was OK, but apparently I could experience a reaction on the 2nd.one - I really hope not!! I'm having mine every 3 weeks.
You are on Taxol tho', as yours is every week - I'm on Taxotere.
susanmary

First Herceptin done. It had to be stopped after 30minutes as I had chest discomfort, (got to keep my nurses on their toes). I had an ECG, which was fine and it continued with no problems. Taxol (no3) as well which I dozed through.
I am finding the dexamethasone has increased my appetite which I am finding hard to control. This did not happen when I took it after FEC, but I was only taking it every 3 weeks. Now its weekly its different.
Only seem to have one 'bad day' when all I want to do is sleep. Taking ibuprofen for aches and pains.
Off to see my grand daughter no1 in her ballet show and to celebrate grand daughter no 2, 2nd birthday at the w/e, which is on my 'bad day' but I am determined to enjoy it. I shall sleep on the car journey to conserve energy,
Hugs to you all.
susan x
Kayteeb53

Well that's my last chemo! Yippee!
susan, glad you did not suffer with this times Tax, at least you can move on to Herceptin and gradually chp away at the treatments.
thanks Jen, got my first packet of Arimidex tucked ino my post chemo pack. the news about your spine sounds positive. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
hi to Lavender and Lola and hugs to those who need them

kay x
ps avatar now changed to match my character in Benchland, thank you for lovely comments about my wig
Lola65

Susan - Sorry about your birthday lunch not being as you had hoped, but it still sounds lovely all the same, especially the Maltesers bit, and great news about the Tax. I've still got that to "look forward to".

Jen - it does sound much more positive about your spine and I will keep everything crossed for you. xxx
jenanne

Kaytbee53 - your last chemo today I took Femara for 3 years and Arimidex is probably similar re. SE's - can make you a bit achey in the joints, but hard to tell if it was the drug, as I had achey joints anyway! You should feel fine with it.
I had my mother's scans compared with mine to confirm bone mets/not. Nothing showed on her scans that helped them with the 'tiny sclerotic lesions' seen on mine so had another plain x-ray to spine yesterday - medics feel pretty sure it's not mets., they'll just keep checking it.
Susan - your treatment similar to mine. Hope Herceptin goes OK now. My 2nd. TCH on 21st Feb. SE's on this one = throat & mouth discomfort, but lots of drinks/mouthwash/bicarb helping and weird little shooting aches along gums, and in hips and lower spine (common with Tax)! Also, a bit 'sniffy' - the Herceptin is prob. doing that.
Lavenderlassie

Susanmary,
That is great news that you were OK with the Tax this time and so can get going with Herceptin next time.
I looked up about the film, you mentioned, I hadn't heard of it before. I will look out for it. Herceptin is such a leap forward in treatment.
It's a shame you didn't feel up to going out to lunch for your birthday, but your daughter being there for you so you could snooze or chat as you felt like it was good.
Lavender
xx

susanmary

Good news, no allergic reaction to Taxol this time, so I will be able to start herceptin next week.
They gave me extra piriton, so I was sleepy all afternoon yesterday, downside was I was up at 5 this morning as I could not sleep.
Lola65, thank you, my daughter and I did not go out to birthday lunch in the end, just bought food in and watched DVD, during which I nodded off. Managed to polish off a box of maltesers, then had tum ache, no one to blame but myself
Wig looks good Kay.
welcome to fightingit.
hope everyone else is doing well.
Take care
susan x
Lavenderlassie

Welcome, Fightingit, I hope everything is going well in your run up to chemo.
Your spelling btw looked fine to me! Love the idea of your village supporting you.

And Katy, great wig, looks very morale boosting.

Kayteeb53

Welcome Fightingit! We are happy to have you joiis us. Interesting to see whether France deals differently with BC.
lots of support for you here

kay x
Fightingit

Just posted and it's disappeared - will try again after hospital tomorrow.
Fightingit

I am happy to join you. I am 66 years old (January this year) and have just been diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Feel like i've been run over by a truck at the moment. Have huge support from my village, my friends and old workmates who I keep in touch with. I live in South West France, and the French healthcare system is fantastic. Tomorrow I start my fight am having a box fitted into me to deliver the Chemo, then after an ECG as one of the drugs can attack my heart, I start my Chemo just after the 11 February. I will have three sessions, and then they will check to see if the IBC is resistant, if it isn't I'll complete the course with another three sessions, then have a mastectomy. If it is then they'll do the mastectomy early. It apparently hasn't metastasised (sorry about the spelling) which apparently is a good thing. so here I go. I will stay positive, I will not allow this dreadful thing to become who I am. And I will join you in this post. Toughen up ladies we're in for a long and bumpy fight.
Madjock

Hi all
Not been here for a while, not had much to say.
Got my prosthesis at last, 7 months later, BCN forgot to contact me!! It's really quite comfortable and because it's been so long since mx it doesn't rub at all, much better than that comfie. If I didn't keep adjusting the comfie I would have ended up looking like Quasimodo, it kept moving.
Kay, I just finished rads at the end of December and am now on Arimidex so been taking it for about 6 weeks, still no problems. I didn't even get particularly fatigued with rads just fed up going to hospital every day, and now that everything is finished I feel really good, even managed to catch up on lots of things that I neglected over the last few months when on chemo and rads.
OH is having to keep on his toes as I can't have any slacking, if I feel good and energetic then I can't have him sitting about making the place look untidy.
Bye - Maggie

Lola65

Oh Susan, so sorry you had a reaction to Taxol. I hope it goes better for you next time round. Thanks for the nod about Living Proof. I haven't seen it. Enjoy your daughter's birthday lunch.

Wow Kay - that wig looks really great. I'm not due to start chemo unti late March as things stand, and will be on the look out for one nearer the time.
Kayteeb53

My last FEC on Wednesday. Thank goodness! I then move on to 3 weeks of rads and Arimidex - is anyone else taking this?
new picture is me in my wig!
Hope all well with you all

kay x