1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More surgery advice.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: More surgery advice.

Hello - sorry only just seen this - I stayed overnight - but I was a private patient.  I was advised to take two weeks off - not to drive for this period - this was to enable the good boob to heal from its uplift and reduction.  However, I found that this boob was not at all painful but the lipo transfer sites where incredibly bruised and painful - so much so that even weeks later the pain would stop me from walking - I have seen other peoples accounts of their fat transfer and they seemed to have sailed through it.  Though most of these seem to have been from the stomach - which was not an option for me.  I personally would never have the fat transfer operation again because of the pain and how my legs now look and feel - my legs were ok - now I have visible channels where the fat was removed - plus numb areas - and whilst possible numbness was put forward as a possible side effect - the horrendous cellulite was not mentioned!  I feel that I have disfigured a perfectly good part of my body for only a very small gain - the fat transferred to my foob has dispersed slightly so I still have a noticable hollow - not as bad granted but not a good enough result to make the damage ok.  I have just had my 3rd review and the surgeon just says oh dear, yes that can happen. . . . . . . .

Hi Kjbuni

Emily here from Someone Like Me at Breast Cancer Care. 

I just wanted to let you know that Breast Cancer Care has telephone volunteers who have been in a similar position to you. A couple of them have had expander implant removed and replaced with silicon as you've described.  

If you'd like to speak one of them, then feel free to send us your contact details through this link and we'll get in touch to arrange for a volunteer to call you.

I hope this helps

Emily x

Thank you Yvie178. If you don't mind me asking how long were you off work? Was it day patient or overnight? Sorry for the questions but I am just going to start a new job on Monday and can't really take time off so soon.

Hi I had the lipofil from thighs to breast and the mastoplaxy on good boob.  The lipofil sites were very bruised and painful - in fact have still altered sensation on one thigh.  However the mastoplaxy - slight reduction and re siting of nipple for symmetry  was not at all painful.  My advice is to take your painkillers religiously so the  pain does not take over. 

Will try that, thank you

Hi Kjbuni sorry i cant help but go to the Going through Treatment forum and copy your post in the Surgery part. You will find more help there i'm sure xx

More surgery advice.

Hi, 

post mastectomy and wondering if anyone has had the following as I'm being sechduled for more surgery and to be honest, I'm worried. 

Consultant wants to preform the following ; expander implant removal and replace with a permanent silicone, lipofillimg from stomach to breast and mastpexy of roughly 3cm on the other breast. This will be preformed as a day patient and I'm slightly concerned as the pain after the mastectomy, adm matrix and expander implant (80%) filled in surgery, was so painful and hospital didn't control pain relief very well so I'm very worried about this next stage. Get the feeling the consultant is happy with the aesthetic look and told me recovery is 12-18 months but the feel of it is so horrid and it's really affecting me. 

Does anyone have any idea of how long these procedures might take and the actual recovery to be pain free and start to do things again? 

Appreciate any help or advice anyone has 😀