More tired now chemo has finished

Hi,
I finished 12 weeks of weekly taxol last week and this week I feel much more tired than usual, I do not have the energy to do much at all. Is this because I am no longer having steroids? Any advice/comments appreciated, I want my mojo back!
Susan
x

Hi Susan

Whilst you await replies from your fellow users you may find some of the information in the following link to our ‘Moving forward’ web page useful as it contains information about fatigue following treatments, see under the ‘Side effects’ links you can access this here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/talks-courses-support-groups/talks-courses?utm\_source=MM&utm\_medium=services&utm\_campaign=MF

Take care

Lucy

Hi Susan. I had 8 sessions of chemo over 6 months included in that was delays then I had 19 radiotherphy sessions I finished active treatment just under three months ago & the fatigue is still a big issue for me too. I’m on tamoxifen also . Only advice I have been given is to take it easy this can take a while to get back to some sort of normality. I want my mojo back too & I’m sure in time this will happen, I have stopped beating myself up about it now & just go with the flow & do what I can.
Michelle x

Hi Susan
You seem as impatient as I was! I expected to be back on form in 3-6 weeks after chemo. I finished in Novemeber and am just about getting there now! BUT it does get better! First the pain in legs and joints eased - which helped. Slowly I got my appetite back - which definitely helped. Then I became less fixated on things - another great move forward. Now…I can do my job and almost cope with house - or keep house and almost do the job! It is definitely getting better.
Hang On In There!

It takes a while to get back to ‘normal’. Your body had been thro’ the mill and it takes time. You will get there though.
I know I’m now 5 years out from dx and over 4 years from finishing active treatment, but it did take a while (probably 18 months/2 years) before I felt anything like normal. It’s a gradual process & suddenly you feel ‘OK’.
Just take it easy & remember that your body (and mind) have really taken a battering.
xx

Impatient is my middle name! I wrongly thought that the week following my last chemo I would have more energy and had lots of things in my diary for the week. I was not thinking it through and now realise it will take time. I am finding it frustrating though.
But I have started to come to terms with the fact that its going to take a while and I must let my body (and mind) recover.
It was good to hear your experiences and will try not to be as hard on myself and go with the flow .
xx