Morning!

Morning everyone! :smileyhappy: Just wanted to say sorry I haven’t answered any messages for a while, but I will do later.  Been busy trying to tidy the house! Ex is popping down this morning (pride thing about the house, I still live in the house we shared) and my cousin and her partner are visiting this afternoon and they’ve not been here before!

Thinking of you all xxx

Jencat

Good to hear from you, we do worry when we dont hear from one of our ladies for a while.

Hope it goes well re the ex! and have a lovely time with your cousin and her partner.  Dont know where you are in the country but the weather is looking good for the weekend.

Helena xxx

Morning Jencat

Have a lovely day! The weather is beautiful in Cheshire.xx

Morning Jencat
Hope you have a lovely day and weekend. Nice to hear from you. I am off to watch my youngest son’s football match. Then if it’s still dry I am thinking of heading through to visit the kelpies near Falkirk.
X

Morning all x have a lovely extended weekend x

Morning all x have a lovely extended weekend

Sorry kept saying it could not post ha ha

Morning girls!!

lovely sunny day here in Cornwall- off to town shortly for a few bits (can’t you tell it’s payday!! ? Thank god in my case!!??)

feeling v tired and a little nauseous, buggering anxiety! But am determined to distract myself, with some nice new blingy stationery in Poundland!! ?? I’m such a classy bird!!??

jencat , fancy popping round mine for a spot of hoovering??  Hope you have a good day luv xx

same to you all xxx

Morning All!! 

I too shall be doing my Domestic Goddess bit this weekend. Having a huge late summer spring clean in anticipation of all the visitors nipping round to make me a pot if Earl Grey when I’m too feeble to haul my festering carcass to the kitchen. So far doing well on the visitors bearing massive boxes of chocolates front - well, if you can’t milk having cancer, what can you?! ?

I currently have so many flowers I have got 9 vases full my mom had to pick me up some vases from car boot as I ran out x now I don’t want to sound ungrateful and I love them but wish people would spread them out I could have just had a bunch a week lol x but of course the ones from Keeley are the most special x

Better if they send home cooked tasty meals in my opinion !!!

In case anyone is worrying about me (should I introduce myself?) I am still around, lurking, but not posting because I still have this infection, and don’t want to be too negative.  I think I finally turned a corner, and actually pottered around the house today.  District nurse coming again tomorrow.

Cathy

Cathy welcome back Hun glad you have returned was worried hope you are getting better xx

Cathy (Pecan)
Welcome back!
You can come on her to post and rant all you like. No one will judge you. That’s what it’s here for and we can all offer support and accept support. I’ve certainly done my fair share of ranting!
Hope your infection is getting better.x

Morning Pecan, if you can’t be negative here where can you be negative. We are all here to help and support you however we can please keep.posting and hope you are well soon. Sending a hug. Xxx

Well, thank you everyone, for being so encouraging.  The thing is that this infection seems to be so unusual that nobody on the forums has had it.  Even the hospital didn’t seem to quite know how to deal with it.  Part of the problem may have been that I was constantly changing dressings, so the hospital didn’t see the extent of it, but when the DN got here and removed the dressings she saw the pus pouring out and took it more seriously.  She arranged for an extra visit today, by a different one I’m sorry to say.  She tried contacting the hospital, but because of the long weekend nobody was available, and she couldn’t even find a doctor to confirm I’m on the right medication.  It does make one feel rather left out in the cold!

Yesterday I was much more comfortable, but now I’m starting to feel tearful and unwell again.  I feel as if I’m rattling from the number of pills I have to take.  This without food, that with food, etc etc.  I’m hardly eating because of the constant nausea (from too many tablets, I believe, and acid in the stomach) but my blood sugar is NOT going down, and my scale is also NOT going down.  Not fast enough.  I suppose I should be happy with the weight loss of 3Kgs in 3 weeks.  But the blood sugar thing - it seems that that is the hook on which every medical practitioner can hang the cause of any problems.  I’m not having sweet stuff, taking all the tablets, on a starvation diet, and the sugar just doesn’t go down.  How can I be to blame?

So that isn’t a rant, it’s just me feeling sorry for myself once again.  I’ll let you know when it’s a rant.

Cathy

Hope you feel better soon Cathy .

Cathy I don’t know what to say as it won’t help but big hugs and lots of love xx