Most informative website with lots of photos

I found this american website and there are lots of before and after photos. Mostly immediate recon though, obviously the yanks are more up to date than us and probably have more surgeons free etc.
Try it and see - I will private message you the website address if you are interested - just let me know

Vanessa

On bcpals, another UK breast cancer forum we have a surgery album which are not just the pics the surgeons want you to see but real life pics of our members surgeries both sucessful and unsuccessful (all identifying features removed of course :)). It is also private so that only established members can view. There are photos of various types of reconstructions, including DIEP, TRAM, SGAP, LDflap, nipples etc, and many pics of preventative surgeries. Then there there is the advantage that you can talk to those who have had these ops.

I can private message you with the full website if you wish - just let me know.

dawnhc

please let me know of website as waiting for DIEP and very scared xx Noeline

Hi dawnhc

I am new to the forum; am at the stage of trying to decide whether to go ahead with a reconstruction or not - if yes, then it would probably be either a DIEP or a TRAM. I would be very interested in having a look at your pictures on bcpals, and to maybe get some feedback. How many of you, for example, have actually NOT been happy with your results?

Also, does anyone know anything about the consultants/surgeons in Edinburgh?

Thanks

newme