Did you mean: 

Mouth ulcers!

7 REPLIES 7
Brighton-Belle

Re: Mouth ulcers!

Try oral b toothpaste and gel Clair sachets from doc. X
Caroline60

Im from the January Jems of January 2013.
Caroline60

Hi Biglu, I used www.gelclair.co.uk who sent me freebies of the Gel, Your GP can also prescribe this. Great for sore mouth after Chemo. Also eat/suck on fresh Pineapple. It helps with the mouth ulcers.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lucy thanks for the support and to know there is someone who understands what we are going through is fantastic! Turned out I had a infection in the lining of mouth, had to have antibiotics, started with the GP ones, they weren't strong enough so the Oncologist send me to the hospital for strong ones.
I didn't know that you can get infections like that, didn't go to the GP until my mouth was so swallow I could even drink anything.
Thanks again
Luiza
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Tara, sorry took so long to replay turned out that a infection had set on the lining of the mouth so had to go to Hospital the antibiotics prescribed by the GP weren't strong enough.
Is your mouth still painful?
Take care
Luiza
Tazzles

Hi Luiza

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I had my first chemo on 28th November and am just starting to have a bit of a sore mouth. My district nurse has recomended something called 'nystatin' or 'glandisane' which you can get from your GP I think. I hope you get it sorted. 

This is all a really nasty business isn't it? I feel like I'm just sitting her waiting for the next side effect to happen.

Have you joined the December monthly thread? I am finding these very useful and there is lots of support there.

Tara

Lucy_BCC

Hi Biglu
I am sorry to read that you are struggling with side effects, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

Mouth ulcers!

Hi everyone today is exactly 7 days from my first quimio section I can't even open my mouth to eat! So painful! I can feel the sides, or anything inside there! Can I get on the chemist anything for it?
Thanks
Luiza