Moving Forward from Breast Cancer course

Hi ladies. I’m due to attend the moving forward course for the first time this afternoon and wondered if any of you had attended one and did you find it useful

Hi Artermax, I attended a programme in Glasgow and found it really worthwhile. I enjoyed meeting other ladies and sharing experiences and advice and each session was interesting with guest speakers. I particularly enjoyed week one as a breast surgeon came along for about an hour and answered all those questions I had following surgery. Other sessions were on diet and exercise and lymphodema. It really helped to talk and listen.  I was a little nervous going along alone but was made to feel very welcome and soon got chatting to other people. It has helped me to move forward and put things into context. It was valuable time to reflect on me and my wellbeing.

Overall it was really positive. I hope you enjoy it. Best wishes. Jill xx

Hi, I finished the moving forward course last week and found it really helpful. It was great to meet other people in the same boat as me and discover that how I feel post treatment is normal! We had sessions on diet, exercise, lymphodema, recurrence, fatigue and menopausal symptoms, relationships, mindfulness and lots more. I would definitely recommend it and it answered questions I had.
We’ve all been through so much and it takes a long time to come to terms with it and actually post treatment is z difficult time.
I hope you enjoyed your first session,
Claire X.