cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ahead

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Moving ahead

Hi Pyari, I was diagnosed last February and am nearing the end of my treatment - Hercpetin.  I hope it works for me as well as it has for the other ladies I have met.  I started back at work just before finishing my chemo and worked part time during radiation therapy.  I started back at work full time in January of this year although I am allowed to have time off if I  feel tired etc and most certainly every three weeks for my Hercpetin.  It has been hard but I am getting there.  I have started the NHS podcast couch 2 5k.  You down load from internet and it takes you through a nine week programme where you walk, run over a period until you start to run for 30 mins at at time.  When I started I could hardly run for a minute now I run for thirty minutes non stop, yes I am exhausted at the end but I can feel it doing me good if that makes sense.  Not doing it to lose weight but to get fitter.  There is life at the end of the tunnel but it is a long tunnel when you start off.  Good luck for the future and hope to see many more posts from you.

A

Highlighted

Moving ahead

Hi all, sorry I haven't been on forum for while now and I hope everyone is moving ahead with their treatment and looking to a better future. I have returned to work last week after9 months. I was diagnosed in Oct 13 and had chemo, Rt Mx /node clearance followed by radiotherapy(last one2nd June).i will be having yearly mammograms for the next 6years.There were times when I thought that I may not return to work but from the support of my colleagues and the that the NHS allows a phase return has made it easier. I'm working 3hrs a day this week and will be building up the time over the next few weeks. I am determined to get back to my normal routine, however I know life will never be normal, but I do hope it's going to be better. I'm going to join health club, have weekend breaks away at least once a month, and ensure I try and spend more time with the kids.In some ways having cancer has given me a new lease of life,a wake up call to make life better. I've realised life is too short to worry about the future, I just count my blessings and make the most of everyday.Blessing you all with a healthier and happier future. x Pam