72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving through the boards Ladies - anyone coming to Chemo?

16 REPLIES 16
Daisy1975

Re: Moving through the boards Ladies - anyone coming to Chemo?

Thanks keepmumsane. Relaxation techniques would be good! I've been trawling though posts on this forum for about 2 hours now just reading as much info as I can. Maybe some distraction techniques would be good too!
keepmumsane

O daisy, I wish I could give you a hug and make you a cup of tea.  The waiting is maddening. My doctor offered me counselling just to get my head straight and learn some coping strategies.. I turned him down, but I reckon they should send us all home with relaxation techniques as standard issue. he did offer me sleeping tablets,  which arent quite the same. 

The lack of information just promotes excess googling, and we all know how much that sucks. 😉

Xxxx thinking about you heaps. 

Daisy1975

Hi M

I see - due to the 5 nodes. My mum has one known affected palpable node but no other check on nodes yet so maybe the bone scan will come later then. Her lump is also big - as far as we can feel. It's a worry when they mention more scans but it's best to be precautionary.
I read into everything! I was convinced they knew something about my mums chest xray that they were holding back, but I was wrong as it was clear. However, CT picks up so much more, even in lungs, so I know it doesn't mean they are definitely clear.
I'll be at the pre- op so will ask then. As my mum has chemo first, I'm not sure if they will know 100% the amount of nodes that were involved, although something said that they can tell by scar tissue in the nodes following chemo.
you must be nervous about monday. The CT results are what I am dreading but we need to think positively.
I assume you'll get your treatment plan when you see the oncologist? That's when my mum got hers including start date.
Xx
maggie59

Hi Daisy
I know what you mean about reading things into remarks! I doubt if the guy would say anything that would indicate one way or another as they are pretty strict about that. When I had my CT the lady doing it (who was the gentlest yet at putting in the needle!) said straight away that she wouldn't be able to tell me anything.
I'm not sure about bone scans. My husband got seriously worried when even more scans were mentioned but the consultant said that because 5 nodes were affected and the lump was a big one that put me into a higher risk group and so as a matter of course they would do more tests.
Might be worth mentioning it at the pre op assessment.
Could you contact your GP and mention your concerns to see if he/she can advise you of what will happen?
I have found that once I say I have breast cancer they are really helpful.
Will let you know the outcome of my meeting on Monday xxxx
Daisy1975

I'm trying to stay positive for my mum who I think is struggling a little today (feeling a bit down). She had CT scan yesterday and the guy who took it was saying it's amazing what they can do these days as it used to be just a case of putting people on chemo. Made me paranoid that he was trying to warn her (as I assume they can see the results there and then? ) He said they sat waiting to be reviewed. I know I shouldn't read into what could be innocent chat though.
No appointment to get results though? Unless they contact her before pre assessment which is a week today.
Hope it's gold news on Monday. No mention of a bone scan for my mum. Do they check automatically?
Xx
maggie59

No...:-(( Have an appointment late Monday afternoon to check wound and get results.
Bone scan week on Monday and oncologist on Thursday.
How are you doing?
X
Daisy1975

Did you get your results M? Xx
maggie59

I think they like to have all the results so that they can adjust the chemo to the exact nature of the cancer.
Hope they come through on time.
Mx
Daisy1975

Good luck to you too. The waiting is dreadful. My mum was told that the results should be in next Saturday when she has her pre op assessment and if not then they'll chase them up. That'll be a week later. Your hospital must move faster with CT scans. She has no appt to get the results. Wondering if they give them at later date after chemo has begun (as chemo starts two days after pre op assessment). Xx
maggie59

Unfortunately no - the results come through tomorrow but they wont give them over the phone.

I suspect that the will want the results of the bone scan and then will call me in to tell me...I dont have the appointment for that yet.

I hate this waiting game 😞

Good luck tomorrow.

Maggie x

Daisy1975

Did you get your results the same day M? Xx
maggie59

Hi Daisy

Good luck to your Mum tomorrow - she is so lucky to have you.

The CT scan is OK.

Keep us informed with her progess and we can all share our journey together.

Mx

Daisy1975

I'll be joining it once my mum starts chemo if that's ok? She's not a forum kind of mum I don't think so is like to keep up with things and share her experience if others want to hear.

Hope your CT scan goes ok. My mums is tomorrow. Xx
keepmumsane

Hi maggie, I  find out on monday, but pretty sure I'll be joining you xx hope your ct is ok.

Hugs

Sandie 

Sharbansh

Good luck maggie Shar xx
Katherine62

I'm sure I'll be joining the dec board maggie.. we.re in this together, XX

maggie59

Moving through the boards Ladies - anyone coming to Chemo?

I guess the fact that a lot of us are now ready to move to the next board too is a sign of progress?!

For anyone starting chemo in December there has been a thread set up by Waiting on the main chemo forum.

I have joined it - anyone else?

Off for my CT scan soon - hope not more bad news 😞

Maggie x