Mri brain and spine old mri told ok showed white spot

Hi all just wanting some help with answers as can’t find help on Internet suffering with bad neck pain headaches had numbness one leg numbness in face ongoing but neck and head bad had an mri on lumber spine 6 weeks ago and was told ok had because of leg numbness gp thought could be sciatica but had mri to check then said would move on to head and neck mri ok so have been to see a neurosurgeon in Harrogate today and he looked at lumber spine mri and showed me a white spot at the bottom of spine quite prominent he said because it’s white I think it’s benign could be a fatty lump or something but wel do another scan on full spine n get radiologist to have a look and doing brain scan as well with contrast . So pleased getting sorted got t hav a blood test first then get appointment through for mri but now a bit worried definitely about head and neck cos thts the main problem but can anyone shed any light on the mri on lumber spine. Wenever iv googled it comes back as MS can a white spot thts seems benign be a problem ??
Thanks rozita xx

Hi rozita

I am sorry to read you’re having a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences and knowledge do give the BCC helpline a call and talk things through with a member of staff.  Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number to callis 0808 800 6000 and lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Bump

Hi Rozita, i cant help you on this im afraid but googling is the worst thing you can do.im just as bad though lol as i am trying to google about recurrences to node scar but it only seems to show up recurrences in the site where the original tumor was. Hope you have some luck finding out what the white spot is,

Karen xxx