Mri

Had my MRI today it wasn’t painful just very noisy and was injected with z blue dye although not sure why as I haven’t asked any questions - meeting with consultant this Friday to discuss results and treatment plan I’m feeling totally numb the lack of sleep has addled my brain been glad when Friday is over so i no wot I’m dealing with but on a positive note I have had masses of support from family colleagues and friends which had been a massive help my work colleagues sent me a bottle of vodka instead of flowers as they new I would appreciate that more ?? deep down I’m petrified ??

Hi Jo,

Waiting for results is the pits & sadly, no magic wand to make it all go away!

It’s the uncertainty that makes it so difficult & the mind goes into overdrive on it. It does feel better when you know what you’really dealing with. 

I believe the injection you mention, is the contrast dye which shows up any ‘hot spots’ so to speak in the breast. It does feel more reassuring later, when you know everything was done to get the diagnosis & treatment plan sorted out for you 

All the best for Friday

ann x

I was told I would be injected with a blue dye and after my wee wound be blue and if I cried so would my tears my husband said he going to take photos the weirdo x

I had my MRI yesterday and I was also injected with dye.  I go for the results tomorrow afternoon and I can totally understand the feeling of numbness as I have quite limited information - all I know is that I have two areas of cancer in my left breast - different quadrants - one is 10mm and the other is 14mm.  No idea on grade or stage…  .  .  I got flowers delivered yesterday from my work colleagues and they have been so supportive along with my partner, family and friends and I will be thinking of you on Friday.  

I had an MRI which picked up 6 extra areas on top of my 17mm lump and had a mastectomy - that was 6 months ago and I’m now cancer free, back at work and living life as before (will always be carrying the cancer diagnosis history with me but it gets easier). So what i’m saying is keep your chin up and even if an MRI shows more areas it’s done it job - i’m proof x

I was told that as well my youngest asked me to photograph it as proof ???

Alex1967 that is fantastic news xxx I’m hoping that I can still go to Reading festival which is the end of August it’s a silly thing but it’s giving me something to focus on xx

Jojums i’m sure you will be fine for Reading! A goal to look forward to x

as i work in school my holiday always cost a fortune but i been looking and i can go Cape Verde in November really cheap so my op is August followed by Radiotherapy and that is my focus as long as i get the all clear to fly to go in November if i got to have time off work i might as well make the most of it. I think it is important for us all to have something to look forward too (other than blue wee of course) x

Can you go on holiday whilst on sick leave when this is all over my sister wants to pay for me to visit her in oz before I go back to work she’s says it will help with my recovery I’m not so sure my work will see if that way :frowning:

I was chatting to my boss at work when i had returned after been off for 4 months due to mastectomy etc and she asked me if i’d had chance to go on holiday - I said no as being off sick i didn’t think i would be “allowed”. She said it’s fine to go on holiday when off sick and the only way it would be an issue would be “if you were off with a bad back and went on a hill climbing holiday” lol!

I think you said it Jojums, when you said it is about your recovery, which is the most important thing, as long as you have the certified sick leave to cover the period away.
ann x

Alex your hill climbing comment made me lol ? I would like to believe that most workplaces would be glad you came out the other side of treatment and have a reason to celebrate e.g. Holiday x hope I am not being naive x

ading this thread - is the dye used for the MRI the same as the one used during surgery?  I didn’t have any colour effects after the MRI, apart from a distinct odour when I pee.  Even now, more than a week later.  That could be from the iodine though, used in the CT scan.

No it’s different .