Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mucinous grade2 ER+ and HER2+

4 REPLIES 4
babsgriff

Re: Mucinous grade2 ER+ and HER2+

Hi Wendy

Op yesterday went well and I am feeling much better than expected (the pain killers are doing their job)!  Have been out for a couple of walks today so slowly getting back to normal.  Have appt with consultant next Thurs to find out the plan.  Allergies seem to have settled a bit - face is no longer pink but very, very dry and flaky (I have had this on and off for a few weeks now).  Feeling much better now the lump is out.  Hope you are doing OK.

Barbara

WP23

Hi babsgriff

Sorry your allergies are playing up, it is understandable with all the worries and uncertainties you are experiencing right now.
The chemo is very doable, the 3 week cycle comes around very quickly and staff are excellent. All side effects are treatable and you are usually given a bag full of meds to take home after each session, my advice is this, if they give you something then take it. You need to drink lots and lots of fluids to flush out your system and rest when your body tells you to. I had 4 cycles of chemo and there was only one day during the whole time where I did not get showered and dressed.
All the very best for Wednesday

Take care

Wendy x
babsgriff

Hi Wendy
Many thanks for your reply. Consultant has mentioned the possibility of chemo (6 cycles) and Herceptin for 1 year but can't say for definite until after surgery. I am just anxious to get the op over with now. I am having an ultrasound tomorrow to mark the skin so surgeon knows where he is going! After that I am having the dye injected to find the sentinel nodes then op on Weds. All being well I am first on his list so hopefully not there all day. Got to go shopping to find a soft bra this evening as all mine are underwired. Didn't sleep well last night as my sensitive skin/ itchiness/allergies are playing up and I think the stress hasn't helped - I have a red face again today. How have you found the chemo - was it as bad as you expected?
WP23

Hi babsgriff

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for support and information from a truly remarkable bunch of ladies, I couldn't have got through the last 6 months without them.
my diagnosis (2nd April 2014) was idc grade 3 her2 +, so we are common with her2 status.
I have just completed chemo last week and will be having radiotherapy x 15 shortly then Herceptin for a year.

It all seems pretty daunting at the beginning but once you have your treatment plan things will get moving and it will all be over before you know it. Just take each day at a time, listen to your medical team and your body.
I lost my hair but you could try the cold cap which has some success for ladies, personally I did not want to add any time to my chemo sessions so I chose not to go with cold cap. Hair will grow back, and I have a wonderful wig and lots of scarves and hats.
I hope everything goes well with your op on Wednesday, do the exercises that you are given post op religiously to reduce the chance of lymphedema and rest all you can.

Feel free to private message me if you would like any further info.

Good luck

Wendy xx
babsgriff

Mucinous grade2 ER+ and HER2+

Hi, have recently been diagnosed with mucinous grade 2 breast cancer that is ER+ and HER2+.  

Having lumpectomy and SNB on 10/9, ultrasound the afternoon before to mark skin and possibly put a wire in so doc can locate the lump as he thinks it's smaller than showed on the mammogram and first ultrasound.  Lucky to have caught early so small and not in lymph nodes so feel I am one of the luckier ones.

Still feel this is all some sort of bad dream.  Just got 2 more days of work and then the "fun" begins!  Felt down today as had to buy a new dressing gown and pyjamas just for (hopefully) a few hours at the hospital.  Felt teary at the gym as I know I won't be able to do all I normally would for a while.

Starting to get really nervous about the op and finding out results the following week, then the treatment plan.  Have been told probably chemo and Herceptin as HER2+ which I have read is unusual for mucinous type.  Not looking forward to chemo as I have quite long, thick hair but am trying to prepare myself in case that happens.  

Would love to hear from anyone else in a similar situation/stage as myself as sometimes I think my wonderful and very supportive husband must be getting really fed up of me talking about not much else.