363468posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mucus with blood

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Mucus with blood

That's a tough chemo Bev, I think many have sofa days on Doce. Hope the chest infection is gone soon, can't help one bit.
X

Yes thank you belinda...dropped back off picturing our lovely cyber Xmas room with the fragrant pine and faux fur throws 😊
In fact i seem to be sleeping on and off all day most days lately.Is this normal on docetaxol? My next one is due day after boxing day and yet dont feel like I've recovered from last lot yet! This chest infection doesnt help either.
Love and hugz xxxx

Hope you managed some more sleep Bev. X

Just woke up and difficult to get back off to sleep! But yes the antibiotics are working well and cough subsided a lot. Still hardly any voice tho...but doc did say that was viral and would just take its course.
But hey...hopefully I'll be feeling well again just in time for next chemo on 27th ...huh!!!
I'm a bit worried about the breathlessness too...this seems to be getting worse each week. Does it ever improve?
Love and hugz to everyone on this early 4am morning! xxxxx

Oh dear hope you are all over the worst of these horrible bugs soon. X
Community Champion

Hi Bev, just mentioning about the coughing, rather than the mucus bit! I didn't get an infection with the cold I've just got over but lost my voice for over a week, mainly caused by the awful coughing. My throat was so raw and I got laryngitis. I'm still a bit croaky 4 weeks after starting the cold so I'm not surprised you are feeling the same when you know you do actually have an infection. Hope the antibiotics work well and you don't feel the side effects of those! Always bloomin' side effects.
Nicky x

Yes bc-lass... I'm doing the same with this chest infection. So sure thats whats causing it. Still can't speak since Saturday! Still coughing an awful lot and finding during some coughing fits i just can't draw in any air to breathe ..its frightening! I just make yhis gasping noise. Hope it won't last much longer.
Hope everyone else is ok this week. Roll on Spring!!
Love bev xxxx

Went to ENT today and had a look up nose diwn throat. Nothing sinister thinks its related to recent chest infection.

Hi again, no I'm not. X

Are you ob the fb group Belinda?

Thanks Belinda x

That's when I last had chemo too, it might be connected to you just getting over your infection but mine is always worse in the morning as well. Especially since my last chemo, Doxorubicin, before that, Capecitabine.
X

Chemo back in jul 2013. Its sticky mucus with bits of blood in it (sorry for vile description). Often worse when i wake up in morning. X

Have you had much chemo? Since chemo I often blow my nose and find myself with a bright red tissue. Central heating also doesn't help, I've found. X

Mucus with blood

Hi - had chest infection about mth ago but for the ladt week have had a lotbof bloody mucus coming out when i blow my nose. Do you think this is the end of the infection. Seeing ENT tomorrow as voice still a bit hoarse.