Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple RFA's?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Multiple RFA's?

Hi Mowser,

a bit of a late reply, as I haven't been on the forums much due to the success of my treatment! I had RFA three times at UCH London. They were spaced apart by at least a year each time. They seemed to think I could keep going back with no limit. When my tumours grew in a hard to reach area (too near a blood vessel or something) they decided to do surgery instead (at the Royal Free).The RFA iwas gen anaesthetic and an overnight stay in hosp but some people just have sedation. I got back to work within about a week or two. The surgery was about six months recovery I think till I was fully back to work & exercising.

do feel free to ask anything

Jacksy

Highlighted

hi mowser. i had 2 rfa within 3 years. i think the largest size is 6cm but but sure on that.. the first rfa they burned out 2

hope this helps

SS

Highlighted

Hi Mowser, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time and I am sure some of our users will be along shortly to offer their support and advice. 

In the meantime do call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about Radio Frequency Ablations and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes,

Lizzy

Digital Community Assistant  

Multiple RFA's?

Hi all, quick question. I remember reading an old thread over 6 months ago about Radio Frequency Ablations, and it prompted me to ask my onc to consider it for me last March which he did, and it seems to have been reasonably successful. However, I am back in the same situation again, with a rogue liver met not behaving whilst others appear pretty stable, and I was wondering if I can ask for it to be done again? Has anyone here had more than one RFA? In what time period? And can you remember the cut off point from a met size point of view after which they won't consider it? 

Any help or advice gratefully received!

Love to you all

Mowser xxx