Multiple fibroadenomas - concerned!!

Hello ladies,

I had a fibroadenoma in my left breast 5 years ago when I was 19. I got that removed and I was so happy that it was gone. Never did I think that I would get it again.
No one in my family was diagnosed with this.
Two years ago, I started feeling a lump in my left breast again and went for an ultrasound.
The ultrasound showed that I did have them in both of my breasts but the left one had the bigger one. The doctor said it was no big deal. She said she has some too.
Last year, I started feeling uncomfortable whenever I had my periods so I was concerned again. I went in for another ultrasound and the docs confirmed that I have two in my left and the ones in my right are tiny.
They recommended that I get an ultrasound every 6 months just to be on the safe side.
In the last six months, they found out that I had a new one in my left. I have a total of 3 lumps in my left and I’m super worried. The docs say that if they remove them, I will lose a lot of tissue and my breasts will be scarred and disfigured. They don’t recommend doing that. They say I should go back for an ultrasound next year.
This bothers me. What if another one pops up and they get to know like after six months?
I also feel a tiny lump in my left armpit. Is this also related to the fibroadenoma?
My grandmother’s sister died of BC and no one else has been diagnosed in the family so far. I’m sure some of them don’t even know of fibroadenoma but even if they didn’t, I’m sure they would felt something weird by now.
It would be great if anyone shares their thoughts! Thanks! :slight_smile:

hi dina98
im nearly 26 and have been suffering with multipule fibaroidanomas in both breasts since i was 14 i have had over 20 lumps removed in one way or another.my mum aslo suffered with this from the age of 14 i have family history of bc mothers side and fathers after breaking down at my last appointment when they told mei had 12 lumps in both breasts ifinnally got somewhere and im due to been seen by the breast cancer team to evaluate my bc risk and maby even go for gene screening my advise toyou is if your really concered dont be pushed into a courner fight as it all comes down to money, i have been disfigured by scars but thats due to lazer treatment that went wrong but hopefully after ive had my baby iwill be having a mastopexy to take some of the scaring away but most operations they do a very neat scar around the nipple and youwouldnt even notice i had a whopper of a lump but after the swelling went down all was back to normal, good luck xx