Did you mean: 

Multiple mets

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Multiple mets

Hi jane ill send you a pm
Highlighted

Thanks for that, I'm aware of Gabbies as an ex colleague of mine is a member and yes I'd like to join

Jane
Highlighted

Jane this isnt really related to your mets but theres a group of girls meets up in glasgow regularly called the GABBies... Glasgow and Ayrshire breast buddies.... Most are primary ladies but there is a growing number if girls with mets.... They group is primarily run through facebook... But just give us a shout if you fancy joining us.

lxxxx
Highlighted

Hi Jane,

Yes I will be going on a hormone treatment too - not sure which one though (kind of hope its not tamoxifen as didn't get on with it very well last time).

I tend to just pick up bugs (lots of colds and I had flu once with a very high temperature that I got into a lot of trouble for not taking myself to A&E for (I went neutropenic the first time I had Chemo and I didn't fancy the hospital experience again ... not really the right response)!. Aside from that alot of nosebleeds, hot flushes and as of today watery eyes, but not much sickness to report. I felt a bit nauseous after the last cycle but that was the first time since I started treatment. I don't seem to get many of the side effects they ask me about each appointment though so I don't think I can be doing that badly on it compared to most people!  I certainly remember feeling much worse the last time.

I hope you have an onc you like and is helpful - Its taken me a while to sift out the people I don't want to see but I feel I have a good team now although there is still a small part of me that is tempted to get a second opinion! 

Waiting for any results is so hard - I hope its fabulous news!

Highlighted

Hi Sharon

I will definitely not be getting anymore than six doses of taxotere and the last time I saw the onc she mentioned that it might be a hormone treatment that she will put me on but I suppose well just need to wait for the results of the scan on the 12th. I don't see her until the 27 th but my oncology nurse will phone me with the results. Have you not had any side effects at all ? Xx

Jane
Highlighted

Thank you so much for that info ....I'm still trying to find my way about and how it all works ....May take a while xx

Highlighted

Hi Verity

I have just seen your reply to Ruthy's post and have replied to her on the other thread, but thought that you also might benefit from BCC's secondary live chat service which runs every Tuesday evening between 8.30 and 9.30pm.  The users of this service are a brilliant support to one another, understanding how each other feels and how they all cope.  You would be made most welcome.  I have put for you below the link to the area of this website where live chat is explained.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted

Hi Ruthy 1 I have just seen your post....I too have secondary breast cancer to bones and liver, live in Northampton and would love to meet up and share notes .....like you say it's an isolating illness nobody quite understands ...how could they but it does set you slightly apart ...oh I do hope you see this post. Xx

Highlighted

Hi Jane,

I have to say I think I have escaped pretty lightly this time around - I definately felt much worse when I had treatment for the primary breast cancer. I opted to not bother with the cold capping this time which I really do think has helped and my wig is nicer than my normal hair so its been win win there!  I've been having reiki too which I like to think has played a part (whatever makes you feel like you are doing something to help hey)!

So glad your last scan results were good (I scour this site for positive news)!  I had scans after the 3rd which showed I was responding to treatment but won't have any until March now - such a long time to wait!  My last blood test results were messed up too so I never received them (although I'm not entirely sure if Tumour Markers show anything for definite - if they go down though they I like to think they are very meaningful)!!  Has your onc said anything about further treatment?  It looks like I may get another one or two lots of Docetaxal after the 6th now (depending on how I tolerate it) - on the one hand NO THANKS but also YES PLEASE THROW EVERYTHING YOU CAN AT IT! 

Best of luck with your next scans - everything crossed x

Highlighted

Hi Sharon

Thanks for your reply, I have just finished my sixth dose of taxotere and for the first time in what seems like a very long time, I'm starting to feel almost normal. The side effects for me were horrendous. How are you coping with the treatment. My second scan is next week so I'll find out how things are then. My last one was positive so hers hoping

Jane xx
Highlighted

Hi Jane,

I have also been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my liver, lung and bones. I have just completed my 5th cycle of Docetaxal along with Herception and Pertuzumab.  It is a really scary time but I've actually found this site very reassuring and it has given me a lot of hope (I stick to reading all the inspiring stories and really do believe that a positive outlook is serving me well)!  I know everyone deals with things in the best way for them and I don't know how helpful I can be but I can try! I've only just signed up to this site so you are probably alot further forward with your treatment than when you posted - I hope its all going well for you!

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi I have secondary breast cancer to bones, liver and lungs. Is anyone interested in getting together or meeting up in the northampton area. It's such an isolating illness and it would be gd to share ups and downs or just to have a coffee and a chat . Thanks x x

Highlighted

Thanks Sam and Sue, I've emailed Glasgow to find out where it is. I will also login on Tuesday night for the live chat

Cheers

jane
Highlighted

Hi Jane

As Sue mentions, the Living with Secondary BC support groups are available in various areas over the country.  Here is a link to the page where you can see which one is closest to where you live:-

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/talks-courses-local-support/secondary-brea...

If you would like further information do give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

Hi Jane
There's are LWSBC groups all over the country, it depends where you live.

Sue

Highlighted

hi Sue

Thanks for that it's good to know that there's life after this news. I do try and remain positive but get overwhelmed at times. Do you know where the support group is and yes, I will be joining in on Tuesday night. my oncology nurse said to me that 2 years is a good result but the lady I spoke with on this site said that yes that would have been a good result five years ago and that treatments have improved in the interim and that life expectancy for some people could be longer. I'm glad for you that you have been one of them

Cheers

jane
Highlighted

Hi Jane
It's not uncommon for people to be diagnosed with mets to liver lung and bones. I myself have got bone and lung mets.
It's normal to feel lost and scared, it's a good chemo that you are on and hopefully you will get a good response., I did it's 5 and half years since I had tax chemo.
I don't think as many people are posting on the new website, that's why you probably haven't seen many posting with your diagnosis.
I remember being very lost at the beginning but I've found much enjoyment in the last 5 years and hopefully you will.
You do have a living with secondary breast cancer group near you (run by BCC) you will find a lot of support there or visit the live chat session on a Tuesday night, we are a very friendly

Best wishes
Sue

Highlighted

Multiple mets

I have recently been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my liver, lung and bones. Is anyone else on the the site going through the same. I have just had my first dose of Toxatere with my second one due in a couple of days. I'm feeling a bit lost and just totally unsure about my future and would like to chat with others who have gone or are going through the same as I am. I can find threads for ladies with mets in either bones, liver or lungs but not all three. is anyone out there

jane