Multiple skeletal metastases & treatment options

Perhaps there is someone out there who can help me?

I only discovered a lump in my breast a few weeks ago.  After the ‘rapid diagnosis’ I learned that it is Grade 3 IDC; ER8+ & HER2+ with affected lymph nodes in my armpit & above my collarbone.  Bone scans showed ‘multiple skeletal metastases’. I have been told it is incurable but controllable & given a scary card to keep with me at all times incase I get spinal cord compression. 

I have been taking Letrozole for 2 weeks & about to have my first IV Zometa next week.

Immediately after Christmas I see the oncologist & radiologist at which point I  have to discuss being treated with [a] herceptin  ** pertuzumab [c[ docetaxel.

Has anyone, in a similar position, _ just had Letrozole & Herceptin but not the other two?  _ The latter seem to be quite punishing. I have read all the ‘common’ side effects of each & they are pretty terrifying.

I’m not sure how much more I can take as I already have widespread osteoarthritis & a bad chest.  The quality of my life has been significantly affected by these during the last couple of years.  I used to go out a lot & work   for a charity but now I am much more housebound although by no means depressed or bored with life.  I have super family, friends & neighbours & potter about locally very  contentedly.   I am 76 & widowed with children & grandchildren.

My feelings are that I wish to have as good a quality of life _ in the short term _ rather than live as long as possible if the cost is enduring horrible treatments which might make me far sicker than I feel at present.

I would really appreciate hearing about the experience of anyone else of a similar age /situation as me.  

Hello lazy granny
Welcome to the forum where we can offer support and kindness. .what a double whammy for you and so much to take in …it’s scary .
I hope I’m right but I think that to have the herceptin and perjeta treatment …you have to have the dose of doxetaxol first …due to your age …they might make it a smaller dose for you to tolerate …we have 2 lovely ladies here that are going through this regime.and similar in age .hopefully they will be able to reply and give you some helpful advice .
In the meantime …hugs xxx

Hallo Lazy Granny. I have sent you a personal message
Bon

Hi started Herceptin   6 weeks ago. Had the same reservations after reading the side effects but…nothing of note. Felt very tired the first day after the injection but otherwise okay. My heart scan was at the lower end 56% so may  not be able to stay on it but it does give good results. Also found that  I am getting less side effects the longer I am on other drugs so fingers crossed. I do not have your other complaints as I am only 55 but hopefully it will be positive …goood luck dont dwell too much on the side effects. Have you ever read paracetamol side effects they are horrendous its just that we dont always read household remedy drugs side effects. Fingers crossed. Let me know how you get on