Mutated Gene Breast Cancer - 2014

Hello Forum followers,

My name is Ky, and I am so glad to be able to share my experiences with you all. I am happy to help anyone who needs it, and I am a very good listener. My Breast Cancer journey began in October 2014. It all started with my left breast becoming swollen, and quite tender, and I remember when leaning, or bending down to do my job, or other tasks, my left breast would pound quite sore. Off to my lovely GP for a check up. He said he could feel a lump, so Ultrasound and biopsy of the lump revealed I had Breast Cancer (BRCA1), one of the mutated positive cancer genes. Into hospital in early December just before Xmas! A mastectomy, sadly following a total left lymph node clearance, as the cancer had spread aggressively. Two months later, after I felt ready, I wanted my right breast removed for risk reducing cancer. Then in March 2015 I underwent a complete hysterectomy, as I had learnt from my doctors that BRCA1 attacks breast and cervical cancers. Now, in 2017, my GP has just made me aware that my testosterone levels are severely low!!! Now I am going to have a whole body Spect Scan, where I am injected intraveously through my arm with a radioactive, but safe, dye. Then I have to undergo a whole body scan. The dye will stick to anything that reveals anything harmful, like secondary cancer anywhere in my body. After the first scan, I have a few hours break, yhen I undergo the final scan to see what the dye reveals! I visit my GP 3 days later for the results. I am awaiting this scan, but also feeling quite afraid of what this scan may reveal. Has anyone on the Forum had a Spect Scan, as I am finding it very difficult to not worry. 

Thanks for your help

KyJane1971 ?

Hi KyJane1971,

Thank you for sharing your breast cancer journey with us. I’m sure other users will be along soon to share their experiences and show support.

Best wishes,

Bonita

Hi Ky,

Sounds like a Pet scan?

what was the result?

i do hope you are feeling betterxxx

do come back and let us know how you are

Moijanxx???

Hi kyjane I have just had result if gene test and brca 2 mutation I was diagnosed in january and had left mastectomy and now half way through chemo journey had to really battle to get test as no familial history and I am post menapausal but I am triple negative grade 3 aggressive so felt there had to be a reason now waiting to see genetics team I warned my three daughters who are 35 eye and 30 I was having test now have to tell then result and feel terrible bad enough I gave to deal with this but devastated that they may be effected. I am having a ct scan and will opt for hysterectomy but might leave the second masectimy for jo and go with scans and monitoring I have the option to take up a trial after chemo for par inhibitors for 1 year has this been offered to you

Hi kyjane I have just had result if gene test and brca 2 mutation I was diagnosed in january and had left mastectomy and now half way through chemo journey had to really battle to get test as no familial history and I am post menapausal but I am triple negative grade 3 aggressive so felt there had to be a reason now waiting to see genetics team I warned my three daughters who are 35 33  and 30 I was having test now have to tell them result and feel terrible bad enough I have to deal with this but devastated that they may be effected. I am having a ct scan and will opt for hysterectomy but might leave the second masectomy for now and  go with scans and monitoring I have the option to take up a trial after chemo for par inhibitors for 1 year has this been offered to you