Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx results not as expected

5 REPLIES 5
Lisa_x

Re: Mx results not as expected

Hi Littlescoot,
You're not alone honey. I had 76 mm grade 3 and 90+ mm of DCIS. I was diagnosed in Dec '10. I remember looking at sizes of tumours in a BC booklet and pan I had a mx and am doing very well; I had a reconstruction in October 2012 and am back at gym and feeling really good about my life. There are do many factors to consider whenconsidering prognosis. I have used predict but it diesn't take in to consideration all factors. Sending you lots of positive vibes xxxx

Lisa_x

Hi Littlescoot,
You're not alone honey. I had 76 mm grade 3 and 90+ mm of DCIS. I was diagnosed in Dec '10. I remember looking at sizes of tumours in a BC booklet and panicked as mine was off the scale. I didn't know the true size until after my first operation. From the scans, they thought it was 5cm. I had a mx and am doing very well; I had a reconstruction in October 2012 and am back at gym and feeling really good about my life. There are so many factors to consider when considering prognosis. I have used predict but it diesn't take in to consideration all factors. Sending you lots of positive vibes xxxx

sukiem

Hi littlescoot

I'm sorry you are so upset about your results. I really don't think you are alone and that other people have had similar experiences/tumour sizes.

The good news is that your tumour was operable and also they removed it with clear margins. Are you having chemo and/or radiotherapy next?

Please remember you are a person not a statistic (which are often outdated as are the prediction tools)-all of us on site can probably relate to the fear you have as its completely normal.

Best of luck x
una12

Hi Littlescoot
I don't come on here so often now but just saw your post and it really took me back so I wanted to get back to you. I was diagnosed Feb 2011, had real shock after mx to have 2 lumps confirmed plus surrounding DCIS - total 89mm (and not large breasted to start with). Like you I didn't know anyone with that size tumour and was really scared. Also did lots of googling which isnt always a good idea! But - after chemo, rads and now tamoxifen I am back at work and feeling pretty well. Just had my 2 year check -ups and all is fine. I hope things get a bit easier when you have a chance to get your head round this, will be thinking of you and do feel free to message me.
very best wishes, Jude

Littlescoot

Bump
Littlescoot

Mx results not as expected

Hi everyone
Just returned home from the Mx results appt, and I'm actually in shock I think. The good news is that yes they got it all, complete excision and margins etc.
the shocker is the size of it. My first WLE removed 49mm of Grade 3 tumour, my re-excision removed another 20mm grade 3, and the Mx has revealed a further 90mm grade 2. Total is 160mm!! I've not heard of any one else having one this size, and it's really really scared me as to my prognosis now ( have access to adjuvant online and predict at work). My OH is wondering why I'm not dancing round the house rejoicing in the facts that it was a lower grade and its all gone. I really can't tell him that I fear my life has now been cut drastically shorter. Sorry to rant I just needed to air it somehow xxxxx